• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal - 16.03.2016, BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Barcelona 3-1 (5-1 agg.) Arsenal

Shots:
17-20
Possession: 59%-41%
Chances created: 15-13
Pass acc: 89%-82%

The day we obtain an attack that knows how to score will be the day we move up a level. These sorts of stats where the team could easily have had something out of a game but didn't are becoming too much of a habit, but they can't put our chances away to save their lives.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't like defending the Portguese w****** but it sad to say Arsène Wenger has nothing on Mourinho. Fair enough Wenger has had a long legacy but looking at how Mourinho has won his European cups. He won the PL last season, let's not forget that yet Arsène Wenger hasn't won the title since 2004.

I think you are comparing apples and pears here really. Wenger did very well here when we were skint. In the long haul his stewardship of the club is likely to be very well regarded. We do need a change now though.

Mourinho on the other hand could never have steared a club through the building of a stadium. The man can't even last three seasons without losing either the dressing room or the board. Great for short term success and trophies though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Barcelona 3-1 (5-1 agg.) Arsenal

Shots:
17-20
Possession: 59%-41%
Chances created: 15-13
Pass acc: 89%-82%

The day we obtain an attack that knows how to score will be the day we move up a level. These sorts of stats where the team could easily have had something out of a game but didn't are becoming too much of a habit, but they can't put our chances away to save their lives.
wow we got 20 shoot against Barca at their stadium? but we manage just to score once. as you said the time we have quality upfront we will start scoring goals.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
CdsuoQEWIAQ4E-2.jpg

If the world was Mars, I might agree with him....

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Why do these stations always pick the most clueless of people to be pundits. Just goes to show media is about controversy I suppose.

I hated Rio with passion while at Man Utd, but he's gained my respect since he's joined the BT crew. The only pundit on BT team that has shown class & fairness regardless whether we're playing against Utd or not.

Ian Wright giggled at Linker's childish joke about the aggregate score which was so disappointing, but I did not hear any sound from Rio. Also he was saying words of encouragement throughout, even though deep inside he knew (just like most us did) that we were up against it.

I'm just disappointed at the lack of professionalism these guys consistently display against Arsenal which begs the question is BT a rival club's channel with its cheerleaders as its pundits or a public channel that even has thousands of Arsenal fans as a customer?

I would've canceled if I was a subscriber, but I'm not and I never will be.

say yes

forum master baiter
We were the better side. Good performance but we failed to take any of our chances (shock) and that Barca front 3 is just deadly.

Good stuff from Iwobi and Elneny in particular.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
@SomGooner Please elaborate for those who do not have access to BT.

What happened?

During the HT Lineker mentioned how many goals we need to progress and said 'You never know, in football anything can happen'…then added 'But we know' and started laughing and sadly one of our greatest legends in Ian Wright joined in his tasteless joke by giggling along.

I might be overreacting, but surely that's absolutely uncalled for and I bet with my last breath he would've never made that comment has Sp*ds being in our position or Utd, or Chelsea or Liverpool.

I wasn't watching on BT but every time I switched over to BT I heard MacManaman thrashing our players. I'm glad I didn't even bother listening one word from that hammerhead midget in Owen.

Charisma

I think you are comparing apples and pears here really. Wenger did very well here when we were skint. In the long haul his stewardship of the club is likely to be very well regarded. We do need a change now though.
Mourinho on the other hand could never have steared a club through the building of a stadium. The man can't even last three seasons without losing either the dressing room or the board. Great for short term success and trophies though.

Fact is nobody takes into account doing it on a "tight budget" etc. Wenger can't hide behind that excuse as its been over 12 years now since he's won the Premier League, forget about even mentioning the Champions League.

Through the 12 year period we had the trophy drought, Mourinho parted ways with Chelsea twice despite winning the PL title the seasons prior to his exit. Mind boggling that people questioning his ability despite helping teams win Champions League and titles by any means possible.

Although, I do agree Mourinho is more a short term fix. But so are all the elite managers Guardiola, Ancelotti etc. I don't think any Arsenal fan would be complaining if we bring in a manager like Mourinho and he wins us the CL, I certainly wouldn't.

Wilshere's Right

All the 3 Barca strikers scored today. Perhaps Arsène should consider to play more strikers up the field to solve our attacking problem. We don't have TH14 anymore in the team to keep playing sole striker.

Even when we had Henry we didn't play the lone striker.

It's this new **** that Wenger loves. I hate it. Give me a 442 or a 433 any day.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Watching the Barca 3 goals it came from we give the ball away in area we should give it away specially in 3rd goal, their 2nd goal in fantastic from Suarez honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom