• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IchirotoV2

Imo Walcott has no business being in the starting XI. Sure Ox was not good last season but he looked a lot more assured in pre-season. Lolcott has been horrendous both last season and this pre-season bar that one goal. We also have Iwobi who should be ahead of him.

At a stretch, if Alexis looks handicapped at striker, then Theo can play.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
****ing idiot.

Not only because you want an Arsenal player injured, but also because if you think Wenger is going to make better decisions in a crisis situation you are horribly deluded.

166.gif

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
If Alexis plays up top, then either Walcott needs to play RW or Ramsey needs to play CAM (or RW) to exploit the space left in behind that Alexis will inevitably leave when he drifts.

Oooh to be

This is the team I would start at the weekend.

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Holding Moreal
Xhaka Elneny
Cambell Cazorla Sanchez
Walcott
1) Benching Holding/Chambers when they are the only fit CB does nothing for their confidence. They have played decent in preseason, reward them with the chance.
2) Debuchy has no future at Arsenal
3)We need a high work rate in midfield vs the scousers with this defense
4) Campbell offers higher work rate and better possession than walcott and ox.
5) Its a toss up between Akpom and Walcott, but Walcott has the speed, maybe Cazorla can bounce one off his feet as he stumbles toward goal.
6) Sub Iwobi to left, moving Sanchez to striker or right and cambell off, with Akpom on late for walcott once the scousers have worn themselves out.
7) If Cazorla looks worn, sub Rambo for him
8) If we go up and need to close the game, sub Le Coq for one of Elneny/Xhaka

PS- this is not the team I would choose for the season, but with an inexperienced defense we shouldn't field an offensive midfield.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

-------------------Cech
Bellerin-Chambers-Monreal-Gibbs
-------------Elneny-Xhaka
Walcott--------Cazorla-------Iwobi
------------------Alexis

Subs: Opsina, Holding, Coquelin, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Akpom

That would be my team as well. Potentially playing Theo up top, and Iwobi on the right with Sanchez back on the left. But that can be rotated through the game as needed. The rest gives itself in my opinion.

Oooh to be

There is no way Campbell will get the nod ahead of Iwobi. I still think we will play Monreal as a centreback for this one, with Gibbs on the left. Doubt we'll play two raw centrebacks.
Iwobi over Campbell would do, just don't think Walcott on the flank is a good idea against the high press. He loses possession without a press.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Iwobi over Campbell would do, just don't think Walcott on the flank is a good idea against the high press. He loses possession without a press.

At the same time, if you dont use Theo in build up, he becomes devastating for Liverpool if their preassure doesnt work.

Highbury Rock City

**** it! I want Ramsey as the number 10, I know you all want it to;)

cech
bell-chamb-monre-gibb
xhak-elnen
iwob-rams-walc/oxlad
alexi

Oh yeah!

cannonade

Established Member
Cazorla has to play in Özil's spot. Ramsey is too wack to be counted on. If Ramsey starts it'll be next to Xhaka or on the right. I think Wenger will play Alexis as striker and Iwobi on the left. Theo was effective on the right and could play there if he puts Ramsey next to Xhaka. Defense? Only Wenger knows...

Cousin621

Just curious, are there other players like Giroud & Özil at other clubs anywhere being excused from openers? Surprised that those 2 don't want to be front & centre?! Not like they're regular employees & playing is a chore??! Imo they should've both pushed to play 1 warm up by now. Their club is their #1 priority.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I'd advocate trust for the proven senior players who've had an adequate pre-season, rather than rushing the best players back. It is a long season and these players have proven themselves capable, even if they aren't worldbeaters, they are capable of beating Liverpool. Monreal so you don't expose a young defender. Xhaka, Elneny, Campbell, Cazorla and Iwobi as the best and most trustworthy all-round footballers who've also had a full pre-season so that you have a chance to control the game. Walcott up front as the most senior player who's played CF and has had a full pre-season and offers pace and finishing.

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Elneny Xhaka
Campbell Cazorla Iwobi
Walcott

carlito'sway

Established Member
I'd advocate trust for the proven senior players who've had an adequate pre-season, rather than rushing the best players back. It is a long season and these players have proven themselves capable, even if they aren't worldbeaters, they are capable of beating Liverpool. Monreal so you don't expose a young defender. Xhaka, Elneny, Campbell, Cazorla and Iwobi as the best and most trustworthy all-round footballers who've also had a full pre-season so that you have a chance to control the game. Walcott up front as the most senior player who's played CF and has had a full pre-season and offers pace and finishing.

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Elneny Xhaka
Campbell Cazorla Iwobi
Walcott

Where is Alexis? o_O
Kos will very likely called into action.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Where is Alexis? o_O
Kos will very likely called into action.

Alexis on the bench with Ramsey and Koscielny. They haven't had enough of a pre-season yet, it's a marathon not a sprint and the line-up I've picked is perfectly capable and players like Campbell, Iwobi, Walcott, Chambers, Gibbs need and deserve trust to do a job when they're needed which happens to be in the first game.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Alexis on the bench with Ramsey and Koscielny. They haven't had enough of a pre-season yet, it's a marathon not a sprint and the line-up I've picked is perfectly capable and players like Campbell, Iwobi, Walcott, Chambers, Gibbs need and deserve trust to do a job when they're needed which happens to be in the first game.

Alexis came back fully fit and prepared. Arsène said that himself.
We can not afford to line up a weakened team on Sunday and I think a couple of senior players, namely Santi/ Alexis or Kos will definitely get the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom