• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | PSG v Arsenal | 13th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Watched the game last night after avoiding the score all day while at work lol. Must say I thought we were truly going to get a beating in the first half, but football is a funny game and in the second we came out with a different game plan it seemed. I was impressed with Veratti, Di Maria and Aurier for PSG. On our side, once Giroud came on we finally looked like us again. Alexis cannot be played up top. Must admit that I was shocked to see Ospina starting but did he ever impress...my MOTM for sure. Happy with the result even though the balance of the game doesn't reflect it lol.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I'm 90% sure it's actually just an agreement where Cech gets league games and Ospina gets cup games, unless injuries or significantly poor form comes into play.

I may be wrong on this one but I'm convinced that Cech was dropped. Last season when he did the CL rotation thing, the full backs and other positions were also changed. Cech was poor against Liverpool and poor on Tadic's goal. Ospina is a more than adequate replacement.

I don't understand what benefit it would give Wenger to tell Ospina he would get X games a season. Ospina will leave Arsenal at the end of his contract if he's not the #1 so I'm not sure what difference it would make honestly.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I may be wrong on this one but I'm convinced that Cech was dropped. Last season when he did the CL rotation thing, the full backs and other positions were also changed. Cech was poor against Liverpool and poor on Tadic's goal. Ospina is a more than adequate replacement.

I don't understand what benefit it would give Wenger to tell Ospina he would get X games a season. Ospina will leave Arsenal at the end of his contract if he's not the #1 so I'm not sure what difference it would make honestly.

I thought most agreed it was pretty unlucky?

remains

Cech was unlucky on the Southampton goal imo. Did well to reach it. Made some big saves later in the match too.

Hegemony

Once again we got off to a slow start, just like the Southampton game. We need to either give Perez a shot of stick with Giroud up front, we lose a dangerous winger when we shoehorn Alexis into the striker role and gain a quiet striker in return.

We're riding our luck, doubt it'll last forever. But all in all 1-1 against PSG away from home is far from a bad result. Ospina fighting hard for a starting place, quality performance.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
How many times did we played a match when we were the better team for over 90 minutes but ended up with nothing?

Ofcourse PSG had enough chances to finish off the match but we also had some chances with Iwobi on the end, which could he decided the result in our favour. I am more then happy with a draw they are a good team.

BTW Ospina was great happy to see him playing like that.

ksarp

While I am still laboring through the match ( got a new born) so far I can't help but lament the lack of communication/leadership on the team. As far as I can tell, no one made the effort to ream Iwobi for leaving Nacho isolated in a 2 v 1 situation. I can't see Tony Adams and Vieira standing for that crap..but it starts with the coach!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's a pretty asinine argument, tbh. If the boot was on the other foot, we would have been extremely frustrated.
When we're all over teams and miss our chances and they come back and draw or even win (like the 2-1 Swansea game last season) on AM we're deemed to be sh*t and they out played us.

When a team is all over us, like PSG, and miss their chances, and we come back and draw or win - on AM we're deemed to be sh*t and they out played us.

If we're talking asinine arguments . . . . there's a couple for you.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Those ratings are ridiculous, you'd think Mustafi scored a hattrick of own goals.

Was especially impressed with Marquinhos by the way, absolute elite talent. Unbelievable they played David Luiz ahead of him last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom