• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs T*ttenham Hotspur | Sunday, Nov. 6th - 12:00 GMT| BT Sport 1

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonerozil33

It is disappointing to not win this game. But in the next 9 games we have difficult match against utd and city. Apart from these two we have winnable games(Everton and west ham away included). It is important that we win 21+ points from those matches. Chelsea has Sp**s and city coming up. City has us,Chelsea and pool. Pool has only city. So if we win 21+ points we will be in the top 2 irrespective of whatever happens in the matches against utd and city. So hopefully we will keep our head and do that

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really piss*s me off that Carzola couldn't play again. We were so much better against Chelsea. The injuries are biting again ffs. Looking on injury league were up to 4th again. WTF is it with us.
IMG_0329.PNG

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
As if Cazorla would have changed the result.

I don't see how he could've helped us either. If anything, Dembele would've bulldozed through our midfield a lot easier. Santi does produce moments of class but he's not a miracle worker.

Pochettino's tactics are a tad negative for me, but he's an outstanding coach. Sets his team up rigidly and as a result Spuds are extremely difficult to beat both home and away.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

**** like today is why Koscielny isn't considered a world class defender, he makes a handful of those **** ups every season.

I'd sympathize with him in a way because I think our defensive structure is crap, especially at home this season.

Tbf that Dembele run is precisely the type of scenario where we need to give away a cynical foul. You can't let someone run through MF like that it puts significant pressure on your CBs. I'm not sure if Coq was on a yellow already but if he wasn't it would have been an ideal situation to trip him up before he even got within 10 metres of our box.

Goonerozil33

I think we could not build any momentum in the last 15 minutes mainly because of Ox losing confidence. He made some 5 mistakes in a row and suddenly we did not have his pace stretching them. Also bringing giroud so early killed the dynamic nature of our attack and made it easier for them to defend. They came to defend and take a point away. Unfortunately we allowed them. They were so slow in moving the ball forward and yet it looked like they threatened us.

Goonerozil33

Tbf that Dembele run is precisely the type of scenario where we need to give away a cynical foul. You can't let someone run through MF like that it puts significant pressure on your CBs. I'm not sure if Coq was on a yellow already but if he wasn't it would have been an ideal situation to trip him up before he even got within 10 metres of our box.
agree with this. I think dembele should have been fouled before he go anywhere near. Dembele is such a nothing player who never ever releases the ball on time. His only skill is to run with he ball in circles. And it happened so slowly that clattenburg was positioned well to spot a small trip. Our effing luck. We got lucky against Burnley and Southampton. Hopefully this is the end of evening up part

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

How? Sp**s had more possession than us, they hit the post late on and, I missed the first half, but I was told that we were on the back foot for the first 20-30 minutes. In the second half the only clear chance for us I can remember was Giroud's header. We didn't deserve to win today.

You missed a period where we should have been 2-0 up though. From 30-45min we looked like busting the game open, and should have done.

Maxim

Actually Giroud was better than the other two. That will not say much but Ox and Ramsey were dire.

What do you mean "actually", as if you're stating a fact?

You completely missed the point of my post also. I wasn't critiquing any of the players who came on, I was saying that going from a striker like Alexis buzzing around pressing their CBs everywhere to Giroud stood up top waiting for the ball is what ended any hope of us getting a winner.

We stopped pressing them entirely when Giroud came on and their 3 CBs had all day to pass the ball between each other.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Return to form for Monreal is one positive. Had dipped recently and Gibbs had some good displays but Nacho has put himself back in after today's performance.

Also, could be just me but I'm never confident of Cech saving a pen.
Yeah, pens are basically goals for the opposition. I had no doubt Kane was going to put the ball in the back of the net.

carlito'sway

Established Member
What do you mean "actually", as if you're stating a fact?

You completely missed the point of my post also. I wasn't critiquing any of the players who came on, I was saying that going from a striker like Alexis buzzing around pressing their CBs everywhere to Giroud stood up top waiting for the ball is what ended any hope of us getting a winner.

We stopped pressing them entirely when Giroud came on and their 3 CBs had all day to pass the ball between each other.

It meant that Giroud in his short cameo was not worse than the other two. As a matter of fact, he was better. The other two were pants.

I felt Ramsey was best out of the sub.

Giroud failed massively at pressing and helping us up the tempo. Should have done better with his chance too. He failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom