• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was rested weekend before. Then by doctors was declared fit to play against Norwich. Then what puts it all off:

http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/norwich-vs-arsenal/sanchez-gets-shoved-into-concrete.html

Wenger post match comments really should have put this discussion to rest.

on whether he was okay during the week…
We checked him and when you have no force and no middle stretch in your hamstring then there is no problem and he had that.

on whether Alexis is tired…

I believe that it is normal that a player gives everything in a game and I’m surprised you are surprised.

on Alexis

The players are there to play football and not to be rested when the press decides they need to be rested.

And my favorite one:

on whether Alexis is putting on a brave face…
Of course, like everybody. Nobody is scientifically developed enough, not even the press, to predict exactly when a guy would be injured. I must say that with all humility we are not position to predict that, despite all our test he looked alright.

Yet you have people like @Rocky who have played a few football manager games where he has two super teams and can play team 1 in league and team 2 in Champions league and thing the reality should be same. :lol::lol:

Last edited:

Not that evidence was required, since you seem to have come up against an attempt to fabricate events in order toe rewrite history. I'm sure most can remember how stupid it was to play Alexis in that game.

You should get a job mate, teams could probably use your insight on when to rest players to avoid injury.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
You should get a job mate, teams could probably use your insight on when to rest players to avoid injury.

Yeah. Good point. It's not as if I suggested there should be more rotation and then the players started going down like flies...

You could look for a pundit role predicting transfer activity. Fans would've been glad to know early in the summer that Xhaka would be the last major signing and they shouldn't hope for any more...

Or maybe apply to replace Graham Chapman?

Last edited:

Yeah. Good point. It's not as if I suggested there should be more rotation and then the players started going down like flies...

You could look for a pundit role predicting transfer activity. Fans would've been glad to know early in the summer that Xhaka would be the last major signing and they shouldn't hope for any more...

Or maybe apply to replace Graham Chapman?

The rotation has been excellent this season. Sanchez and Özil get rest in Carling Cup and Özil got rest in international break. Nothing more you really can't do. You're rotation plan is beyond stupid, wanting to rest our best players in our most important games. I wanted Cazorla sold because he is old and getting injury prone. We should never have went into the season with him as a starter. Time to move on, away from him.

I'm not good at predicting transfers so it would be terrible job for me.

Rocky

The rotation has been excellent this season. Sanchez and Özil get rest in Carling Cup and Özil got rest in international break. Nothing more you really can't do. You're rotation plan is beyond stupid, wanting to rest our best players in our most important games. I wanted Cazorla sold because he is old and getting injury prone. We should never have went into the season with him as a starter. Time to move on, away from him.

I'm not good at predicting transfers so it would be terrible job for me.

Good point...well supported by the facts...At least the first team showed up with big home results after the Ludogorets games! Wow, 2 points from Boro and Sp**s at home! Just shows how important it is to always play your best 11 so you can maintain that cohesion and pick up big points towards a title win. Now Sanchez has another hamstring injury which is really making the prospects for the season look up...

Rocky

No, he played 90 minutes against West Brom the week before:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34818236

You can prove anything with facts...

Can you fabricate something to better support your argument though?

Maybe pretend that Messi and Neymar were on the bench?

With the bollocks being made up, next you'll be told that Ox and Campbell weren't sitting on the bench? Or that they'd never played football before?

Reactions: A_G

Good point...well supported by the facts...At least the first team showed up with big home results after the Ludogorets games! Wow, 2 points from Boro and Sp**s at home! Just shows how important it is to always play your best 11 so you can maintain that cohesion and pick up big points towards a title win. Now Sanchez has another hamstring injury which is really making the prospects for the season look up...

You play your strongest team in hope to get the best result. Of course I and everyone knows it doesn't guaranteed results.

No, he played 90 minutes against West Brom the week before:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34818236

Yeah okay American gooner. You know better than Wenger and the doctors of the team!

You can prove anything with facts...

Can you fabricate something to better support your argument though?

Maybe pretend that Messi and Neymar were on the bench?

With the bollocks being made up, next you'll be told that Ox and Campbell weren't sitting on the bench? Or that they'd never played football before?

Arsenal

• Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin remains out for more than two months.
  • Boss Arsène Wenger would be welcoming back Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as the Englishman has returned to full training recently.
  • Aaron Ramsey has also returned and could feature in this game.
  • Alexis Sanchez is having hamstring issues and could be rested again. The Chilean was rested last weekend and the Gunners failed to pick up a point without him.
  • Theo Walcott, Tomas Rosicky and Jack Wilshere all remain on the sideline.

Rocky

Arsenal

• Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin remains out for more than two months.
  • Boss Arsène Wenger would be welcoming back Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as the Englishman has returned to full training recently.
  • Aaron Ramsey has also returned and could feature in this game.
  • Alexis Sanchez is having hamstring issues and could be rested again. The Chilean was rested last weekend and the Gunners failed to pick up a point without him.
  • Theo Walcott, Tomas Rosicky and Jack Wilshere all remain on the sideline.

You got it wrong. Just admit it. Stop making excuses. He played the full 90 minutes the weekend before.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah okay American gooner. You know better than Wenger and the doctors of the team!
I don't claim to have any special knowledge, I'm literally quoting Wenger here. He hinted that Alexis tweaked his hamstring against Zagreb, so clearly it was a bit of a risk playing him against Norwich.

I don't claim to have any special knowledge, I'm literally quoting Wenger here. He hinted that Alexis tweaked his hamstring against Zagreb, so clearly it was a bit of a risk playing him against Norwich.

And what about Wenger comments in post match interview? That they did force test on his hamstrings? What about all Wenger comments about Danchez in post match interview?

You got it wrong. Just admit it. Stop making excuses. He played the full 90 minutes the weekend before.

Apperantly I have been quoting Norwich second game. Sorry about the trouble.

Now on to your stats about resting.. How many times is Ronaldo and Bales, Messi and Suarez, Costa and Hazard, Coutinho and Firmino are rested? are they rested more than our players? What stats are that what back up your claim that we would get less injuried and win more games if we rested our best players in important games?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Come on, this has to be a positive. I mean, I understand the looking on the dark side as a gooner, but Chile deem him to be fit! If he comes through, he wont be out for 6 weeks!
Honestly I'm confused by the whole thing. If he's fit enough to play that can only be a good sign compared to the early rumours of him being out for 6 weeks.

Rocky

Apperantly I have been quoting Norwich second game. Sorry about the trouble.

Now on to your stats about resting.. How many times is Ronaldo and Bales, Messi and Suarez, Costa and Hazard, Coutinho and Firmino are rested? are they rested more than our players? What stats are that what back up your claim that we would get less injuried and win more games if we rested our best players in important games?

The comparison with La Liga isn't really relevant because it is widely considered to be a league with less competition from lower teams, and less physically demanding.

If you look at www.whoscored.com, you'll see that Sanchez's combined minutes across League and Champions league this season is more than any of those 8 players. The Chelsea and Liverpool players get a rest midweek when Arsenal play in the Champions League.

Pretty stupid choice of players to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom