• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

Did you see his defending in Hazard goal? Or when Moses runned past him like he was a ghost.

Coquelin did well first when he broke through but there has been obvious downfall in his game this season.
your right this season, does that mean he is crap at defending, his tackling and interception stats are still good. I am not saying he is a great passer or a great midfielder but hazard is faster than him. Unless there is a midfielder in the first team that is better at defending than he is.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honeymoon period is well and truly over. Now I know why he was at Charlton and Freiburg.

He's poor. Opposing teams abandon him and double/triple press his unfortunate midfield partner. Like @Furious said, it just goes to highlight how goddamn good Cazorla is.

I simply can't respect the footballing knowdledge of anyone (except @Aevius)who compared this clogger to Kante.

Malky

Established Member
Get rid. The people defending this joke in the Kante transfer thread was hilarious. Easy to upgrade, brings little to the team, didnt deserve a new contract. **** off.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

really? i mentioned his weakness, pasing and i also mention ramsey strength which is scoring in previous posts. So what do you mean and i hope you are not abou to suggest that we are better of with ramsety than coq in that midfield.

Don't need to suggest it, pretty obvious imo. He can't pass a ball to save his f*cking life. Yes he can put a tackle in every now and again but we're playing a midfield 2. Like @Trilly said mark everyone but him and every attack breaks down.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Here's one back.. :p

@Trilly :lol:
In all fairness it initially looked like he could adapt to a more B2B role.

I never had faith but I couldn't blame others for thinking it though as he had pulled off some decent performances.

Just goes to show that players have to be judged over as wide a sample of games as possible.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Honeymoon period is well and truly over. Now I know why he was at Charlton and Freiburg.

He's poor. Opposing teams abandon him and double/triple press his unfortunate midfield partner. Like @Furious said, it just goes to highlight how goddamn good Cazorla is.

I simply can't respect the footballing knowdledge of anyone (except @Aevius)who compared this clogger to Kante.
:lol:

Yeah, I'm admittedly forced to rethink what I said now. He started the season reasonably well, but more and more teams are identifying him as a weak point, learning how to deal with him, and Coq just doesn't have the quality to combat that. He has his uses, but he isn't a first-team player, that much is clear. I'm starting to groan a little seeing him in the lineup, just because it's clear it'll give us some possession and penetration issues.

And yes, Kante is better than Coq. Though tbf, he has a lot more help defending and less pressure on him to create, which makes his job easier than Coq's (who is demanded a lot playing in our two-man midfield). I think that's often overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom