• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Only concern then is what players can we attract?
It doesn't seem to harm other clubs, not being in the top 4.
Except Chelsea don't really offer insane wages. We do, for average squad players.
True, I don't think our wage bill isn't much lower than theirs, it's our social pay structure that Wenger insists on that stops us paying the better players more.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
5th loss and we haven't been to saints, stoke, anfield, WHL and at least one awful loss at home to come. Oh God.

It's sad that I don't fancy us to get results at any of those venues. I'll never ever say we won't get top 4, I genuinely believe we will, we're too good not to. But **** me, we'll have to work for it.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

It's sad that I don't fancy us to get results at any of those venues. I'll never ever say we won't get top 4, I genuinely believe we will, we're too good not to. But **** me, we'll have to work for it.

We'll get top4 for sure IMO. However finishing the season on 8+ losses as well as some of the awful draws weve had is really really poor for a team of this quality. It just goes to show how important having a manager really is. Quality isn't enough

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Saddest part of this is I said to my little brother: we're going to lose three nil with the goals evenly spaced apart..

And we actually did. Arsenal at the bridge is just so predictable. When you have a manager who pretty much guarantees you losses in certain games I think it's time to go back to the drawing board.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Wenger's incompetence makes clowns like "****y speak with such conviction.

Need a proper coach to scare the life into this league and Europe again. Wenger laid the foundations, but his time has now gone.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Think this will be the last loss in the league to tell the truth . Just a feeling I had watching this .

I can half see where you're coming from. For how bad we were, we could've easily had 3 or 4 goals. Gabriel should've stuck his header away, Giroud's loose touch meant he couldn't get a shot off and Özil slid Welbeck in at the end but he and Giroud got in eachtother's way.

There's an abundance of quality here, but we have a gaffer who can't set them up appropriately I'm afraid. I always wonder about how much better some of these boys would look in a different system.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I can half see where you're coming from. For how bad we were, we could've easily had 3 or 4 goals. Gabriel should've stuck his header away, Giroud's loose touch meant he couldn't get a shot off and Özil slid Welbeck in at the end but he and Giroud got in eachtother's way.

There's an abundance of quality here, but we have a gaffer who can't set them up appropriately I'm afraid. I always wonder about how much better some of these boys would look in a different system.

It's a tweak here and there within playing group I reckon . Midfield will change in a week or so . Welbeck will come in for Theo . First decent ball to Giroud he scores . It will be worked on extensively on the training pitch .

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This would be funny if Cech wasn't ****.

It
For a player who doesn't start or get on very often his return is nothing short of a miracle. That said what's his position? What was he bought to do? He sure as hell wasn't bought to be the starting striker or starting winger. He was bought to cover Welbeck until he returned. And **** me how many have doubts over Welbeck.

Its not Perez' fault. He seems like a decent player and a decent lad. But we blew 19m on a player to provide cover for a player we weren't sure was good enough to begin with. Not to mention we already have Walcott and Ox for the wide position, if that's where Perez is to play. And if it was bought to be upfront well **** me Giroud is still ahead of him and we've converted Alexis into a striker.

Its not Perez' fault. Arsène has form of spending big sums and having no clue what to do with them or how to get them into the team. We've spent 35m on Gabriel, Debuchy and Chambers and none are close to starting. Yet we lack a competent reliable backup Rb.

Just one of the many reasons for Wenger to go. His spending and correlation to getting players into the squad is horrific.

Well I agree that Wenger needs to go. As for Perez, we dont really have any idea if he could make it here because he's not being given the chance and is not likely to. He was a striker when he came here and had a great last season with Deportivo as a striker. Wenger then decided to give Alexis one more chance at CF and it sort of worked but then Wenger fav Giroud came back. My point is dont discard a player until he's really been tried, properly.

KAB

We have handed the title to Chelsea today. Is this the setup and players that Arsène believed to take over the title this season? Just not good enough

infinium

I am beginning to wonder if a different system or coach would really work or is it a case that the players we have are also too Wenger-esque.

Conte doesn't play Fabregas because he doesn't have the high energy and positional discipline that he expects -- would Özil fare better? Hazard and Sanchez are outrageously talented attackers but Hazard usually sticks to his role and obeys his orders whereas you can't even tell Sanchez to stop training!

I just feel the type of player that Wenger has typically developed or recruited is always a bit free spirit and wants to express themselves on the pitch. He doesn't buy solid "soldier" like players who are often at the core of other teams.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm currently reading at page 12 and watched the game live this afternoon. This is going to be fun reading with some beer.

I'm seriously not even mad. Poor performance as expected. Chelsea champions. Wenger has to win the CL (which he won't) or he's gone. Has Ty done an interview yet? :D

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
I am beginning to wonder if a different system or coach would really work or is it a case that the players we have are also too Wenger-esque.

I can see why you'd wonder that, but above all else the players are following the manager's instructions.

Wenger does training for the week, implements his philosophy, picks the team and gives his players instructions. I don't doubt there's one or two soft characters, but a motivational coach can instill confidence in you.

Victor Moses is one of the first names on the Chelski teamsheet. A player who couldn't get in Liverpool or West Ham's team on a consistent basis. That's entirely down to Conte, he's been given orders and is following them to the letter- now he looks a half decent player.

I've said for years, Wenger is more an idealist than a tactician. If we had a team with say 6 world class players, with 5 of them being dominant characters, Wenger would destroy all before him. He gives his players so much freedom that their talent will shine through if they're good enough.

Players with less ability will always be exposed in Wenger's system, simply because they haven't recieved proper instructions that will mask their flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom