• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I dont think many other teams in the prem would have shipped 5 goals like we did..

arsmile

Established Member
second half was such a disgraceful showing...my god

ospina was out best player....I think he's better than cech now to be honest
bellerin was average
mustafi was ill disciplined
kos held us together and we fell apart utterly when he left- I think that's more to do with him being the closest we've got to a leader than Gabriel being poor- I don't think he was
gibbs didn't really make any mistakes- joke that he ends the match with the armband in a match like that
coquelin was our worst player- like flamini's disabled little brother...we've just given this chancer a new contract
xakha didn't get send off- so that's straight into one of his top 10 games for us...so immobile and useless out of possession
Ox has been our best player for a month- but he was poor out wide- and then came inside to give away the fifth...so that's his fragile confidence ruined for the next few years at least....
Özil didn't turn up AGAIN.....is he just trying to reduce his market value to make it more likely a bid comes in for him? What club would take him though? We gave up on arshavin for being less of a liability
iwobi was a child out of his depth
alexis ran a lot and moaned
theo came on LOL
giroud came on and had a couple of nice touches because we were actually set up to get the best out of him ...which is obviously why we didn't start him

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but mate he's come up small in all of these big games and he hasn't had a decent match in MONTHS. Ancelotti left Muller on the bench because he hasn't been performing. Ask yourself would a Pep, Fergie, Mourinho have Özil out there based on his form? I don't think so.
That's what it is for me. Apart from the very very best all players have the occasional bad run of form.

Problem with Wenger is he never gives the players the kick they need. Özil is the highest profile example but it's been happening for years at Arsenal.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No manager comes in and starts getting rid of everyone. Not one that has been witnessing Wengers pathetic attempts anyway. They'll give these players every chance they deserve, and we'll be better for it, I guarantee you.
Wenger wasn't on the pitch tonight. Gabriel, Ox, Walcott, Gibbs, Coq are not good enough and you can add Ramsey to that as well. They make simple mistakes every game and it costs us, they're injury prone, and not consistent.

Yes, you can blame Wenger for for sticking with them, yes Wenger's time's up.

But even Alf Ramsey himself couldn't turn those players into a team that will do anything in Europe or the league. The do not have the quality.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was there a deflection of Thiago's first goal? Didn't look great for Ospina if not.

Tsu

I can't believe no one on this board believes we can beat them 4-0 at the emirates. I'm gonna put my Ty shades on and say it COYG :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not singling you out as this type of post has been frequent tonight. Has to be said that this is competitive sport and Wenger is paid £8million a year to prepare the team to be competitive. And they were bloody crap in that second half. Absolute disgrace. He deserves all the criticism in the world for that performance. No doubting he is a good man but he's simply not a good enough coach anymore. Sentimentality aside, that is a fact. He has to go.
I feel for him as a man, as a manager....mate don't get me started.

karquosa

Actually, it was Mustafi who failed to pick Thiago's run. He was busy yelling at Bellerin. Someone posted the gif earlier here. That was farcical.

Mustafi had to pick up Thiago's run because Xhaka failed to. It's a midfielders job to track runners from deep. If Mustafi was paying attention maybe he could have rectified Xhaka's original failure to track the runner but the error was Xhaka's. In that scenario Mustafi is simultaneously thinking about maintaining the offside line and a potential inside run in from Douglas Costa. He shouldn't also have to track a runner from midfield. Fault is with Xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom