• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal vs Manchester City| 23rd April at 15:00 (GMT)

What two teams will reach the final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBoy19

I just got back from the game.
I thought at times we were poor in the midfield.
We gave away silly goal.

Yes we won't be able to survive like this every week, also clubs will start figuring out the loopholes. But it's always good to keep opposition guessing, we were so predictable with the old formation.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We've beaten better City teams and looked far better in doing so when playing 4231 or 4141. I hate this formation, personally. We can't pass for sh!t, and we're no good at getting the ball back. Look how easy it was for them to get to our back line? The gaps Toure was sauntering unopposed in to. It was shambolic. Look at their goal. Nah man. We cant see games out like we did today, every week. Not a chance.

Toure can do that against any team, he's a man mountain.

I liked how we retreated to a back five when we weren't in possession. When you defend like we do, we need all the numbers we can get. Gabriel covered Ox well, and Holding doubled up nicely with Nacho. This is definitely a better set up for us.

We'll play a lot better. It's still early days. We've got a good fixture on Wednesday at home to Leicester. Good chance to express ourselves in this new shape.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

CcbeoLUYSiXLiOEL6WNpc2r4AaMagI5LZ7Aw51VdcKU.jpg

:) :) :)

Been assured that when Wenger screamed, "Take that you bald c*nt," he was actually referring to Pep.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Toure can do that against any team, he's a man mountain.

I liked how we retreated to a back five when we weren't in possession. When you defend like we do, we need all the numbers we can get. Gabriel covered Ox well, and Holding doubled up nicely with Nacho. This is definitely a better set up for us.

We'll play a lot better. It's still early days. We've got a good fixture on Wednesday at home to Leicester. Good chance to express ourselves in this new shape.
We got insane numbers back when we could. That was good to see, but it was desperate stuff. It didnt look organised, but it worked. As I say, we've looked more assured and generally a better team with 4 at the back.

For me, we've won the last two games playing very unconvincing and streaky football.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Giroud off, Welbeck in sub changed the game.

Welbeck looked like deer in front of goal again, but his movement and hard work off the ball caused many problems for City.
Agree. He was hapless, but they were afraid of him. Did everything he could not to score. He looks slower since his injury fwiw. Not sure if he is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Point is, winning is better than losing, imo
Of course it is, and at this point of the season you take anything you can. I'm looking at the slightly bigger picture. You can't look unconvincing and expect to win the games that matter against the good sides.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
thi
Of course it is, and at this point of the season you take anything you can. I'm looking at the slightly bigger picture. You can't look unconvincing and expect to win the games that matter against the good sides.
this was a game that mattered against a good side - the effect on team confidence could be massive

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We did look defensively vulnerable at times and the way City passed between Xhaka and Ramsey to get to the back four was scarily easy for them.
What we did really well was to get the majority of our players back not only as a unit but quickly. At one point,a City player was on the ball facing our entire team and there wasn't any kind of pass to be made. We also pushed City back into their own half from the edge of our box quite a few times.
Our attacks looked lethal until Özil and Welbeck bottled too. Personnel changes will see us improve next season if Wenger is up for it.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Grrr, I've just heard Ramsey's post match interview. Something like we wanted to win it for the manager, we want to win the final for the manager and ourselves.

What about the bloody fans!!! At least Ox had the grace to say they did it for the fans and that they are pleased for the fans. Rant over - We're all off to Wembley,We're all off to Wembley, nah, nah,nah, nah. She wore... that feeling in the morning,when you wake up and remember, we won, we won and we're off to wemberley!!!! :D:D:D:D Don't care who we're playing carpe diem!!!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People may be expecting a bit too much perfection and that isn't the reality. The reality is that offensively City are a very good attacking side. They will cut through most teams and create chances and score goals vs most teams.

They also dominate possession vs most teams and they did that to us in the first half. However in the second half we were clearly the better side. Their chances came from set pieces and the way we pressed and won the ball back was of a very high quality. I don't think you can fault the defensive performance other than the goal and the headers at corners.

Linson

Linson lowdown;

Gabriel much better
Holding not out of place

Ramsey covered the ground with meaningful contributions
Xhaka composed. Played like a giant today.
Özil, great engine, wasteful decision making on occasion
Ox - MOTM performance. Massive. Should replace Walcott now.
Monreal could have done better for their goal but really covered the ground today and contributed massively in defense and attack.

Giroud ineffective

Defence exposed at times. Midfield couldn't strung two passes in the first half.

Overall, second half and extra time performance deserved a win.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Has to be said, City under Pep are questionable. A lot of pointless possession and sideways passing. Heavily rely on individual brilliance from the likes of Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom