• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A true DoF does more than scout for players. The DoF WILL have the loudest voice in deciding who will take over from Wenger, heck he might be in the situation next season when he has to tell Kroenke "Wenger is a fraud, sack him now. I know who we can get that will do a better job than him". Can you imagine Pires or Overmars saying that?
Just finding the guy I guess. Wouldn't have a clue where to start looking.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In a sense he's got a point. The squad is probably one or two additions away from being able to challenge for the league, just not with him managing it. Until he realises that the squad will always be "one or two" players away, as he likes to tell us every summer.
we are 2-3 players away to compete you right about that but he'll need to improve his squad management too also getting rid of players who are not good enough to play in this football club i'm getting sick of seeing Gibbs Walcott for example earning so much money but when we need them to perform they become s**t.

Krokur

Quite predictable to see him say, again, that only one or two additions will be sufficient. If Özil and Sánchez go then I can see us keeping attackers like Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck and Pérez to avoid 'destabilising' the team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm not going to address rest of his comments about love for Arsenal and loyalty etc since its not right to kick a man when he's down. But saying the team is strong, needs to stay together and few changes are required he must be out of his mind.

We MUST go all the way in the market and get rid of every under performing, not good enough and unreliable player we have however we can. Tell them immediately to find a new club or they won't be part of the first team. Doing both is absolutely crucial and specially a big opportunity given most of their contracts are running out. This is the time.
Totally agree. He can't slate the group with the cup final to come but I hope someone takes the initiative from him and tells him the poor players will be moving on. Hopefully he knows this in his own mind too. If that means Wilshere is shown the door too so be it. Inter put virtually the entire team up for sale after they imploded. We must be ruthless. This group must not be kept together. Resign Özil and Alexis,keep Belkerin and go from there.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I'm not going to address rest of his comments about love for Arsenal and loyalty etc since its not right to kick a man when he's down. But saying the team is strong, needs to stay together and few changes are required he must be out of his mind.

We MUST go all the way in the market and get rid of every under performing, not good enough and unreliable player we have however we can. Tell them immediately to find a new club or they won't be part of the first team. Doing both is absolutely crucial and specially a big opportunity given most of their contracts are running out. This is the time.

This is why not having a DoF is hampering the team. Wenger can't look at his players and squad objectively. A director of football would review the season and the squad and know who needs to **** off and what we need coming in. Wenger thinks the sun shines out of the majority of the squads arse, especially his "British core" and any youngster he's supposedly nurtured into first team football.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If the group of players stay together? How many times we have having this kind of BS? Two key players Alexis and Özil have not renewed their contracts yet. How can this group of players stay together of the contract situations are handled in this manner? AW and Gazidis please kindly get off their positions and let someone capable and care enough to manage. Maybe the club should hire a sporting director.

Krokur

Sounds a bit desperate to hint that there's a secret reason the squad underperformed and insist that they'll win the league if they stick around, as if the power of belief will change our fortunes. I'm not encouraged by talk of wanting to keep the squad together when it feels we're due an overhaul. This is already sounding like more of the same; no radical changes in how we do things.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Only blind men dont see what is Arsène talking about, over and over again. People still think most of the trophies are won on the pitch. Crazy stuff

I can live with boss extending for a year, but I want 4 years, at least

scytheavatar

Established Member
Its just how difficult the market has become. Barca, Bayern, Real, et al are willing to bid large sums for even 18 year old starlets. The days where you can pick up Anelka for 900k are gone, see what United paid for Martial. Whats worse is they horde all this talent and destroy a large number of ones who don't come good, effectively shrinking the pool for thrifty shoppers like Uncle Stan.

Add in the money in the premiership in general and the pool of clubs we compete with increases. All of a sudden even smaller clubs like Tottenham have a couple of quid to spend. Even if these clubs aren't directly competing with us, they succeed in increasing wage levels across the board which leaves penny pinchers like us hoarding subpar talent to make up squad numbers.

Then how the freak did the likes of Monaco and RB Leipzig get all those great talent? Heck how did we get Holding, why can't we sign more players like Holding rather than Chambers/Gabriel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom