• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final I Arsenal v Chelsea I 5.30pm, Saturday May 27th

Who will win?

• Arsenal

Votes: 58 58.6%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Unless Cech is injured then Wtf. Hopefully we see Cech between the sticks otherwise Wenger has put his neck on the line massively.
If Wenger has given Ospina his word, then he probably has to stick to it.

You can't promise a GK Cup games and then not start him in one. What message does it send to Chez or any other GK who is coming here to be a back up.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
@GDeep™ And btw I've been a lurker over here for quite some time and didn't you once mention that Arsenal had not won anything in the decade prior to Wenger's arrival? LOL :lol: that statement itself exposes you as an idiot who's totally blind to facts and lives in her own delusional parallel universe with an alternative reality.

GDeep™

League is very weak
@GDeep™ And btw I've been a lurker over here for quite some time and didn't you once mention that Arsenal had not won anything in the decade prior to Wenger's arrival? LOL :lol: that statement itself exposes you as an idiot who's totally blind to facts and reality and lives in her own delusional parallel universe with an alternative reality.
:lol:

Anyway Welcome.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Yes very wise when you have a make shift defence to unnerve it any further by sticking in the reserve goalkeeper.

I don't care what ****ing gentlemans agreement Wenger has with Ospina. It matters **** all when he's leaving on the summer looking after his own interests like countless others before him.

Putting in Ospina is not giving Arsenal the best chance of winning the game. Stunts like this are not putting the club first.

Brown Gooner

Yes very wise when you have a make shift defence to unnerve it any further by sticking in the reserve goalkeeper.

I don't care what ****ing gentlemans agreement Wenger has with Ospina. It matters **** all when he's leaving on the summer looking after his own interests like countless others before him.

Putting in Ospina is not giving Arsenal the best chance of winning the game. Stunts like this are not putting the club first.

So true! Even if Wenger had an agreement to play Ospina is Cup games it doesn't matter now. Ospina got his chance in the CL games and when he got injured Cech played in the FA Cup QF and SF for us.

Ever since we switched formation against Boro Cech has been in goal and has done a decent job. Plus let's not ignore the fact that Cech is a leader at the back and his height could come in handy from set pieces against those Chelsea behemoths.

Only a fact hating idiot would seriously think that we should say **** common sense and play a goalkeeper who hasn't started since 2nd April and in that game too Ospina let Aguero score from a ridiculously difficult angle.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Brilliant decision to stick PayCech on the bench.

He does not deserve to start an FA Cup final for us after the c*** walked off the pitch laughing with his cringey Chelsea mates after they beat us. F*** that and F*** PayCech. Don't think I have ever hated an Arsenal player more in any moment than that one with PayCech.

So happy Ospina is starting and happy with Wenger about this. Gives us a chance to win!

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Also not mad at Wenger for benching (Agent) Cech.

Had we been playing anyone other than Chelsea I'd have issue but that goal he gifted to Cesc was dodgy.

Wenger finally being ruthless :lol:

Brown Gooner

Brilliant decision to stick PayCech on the bench.

He does not deserve to start an FA Cup final for us after the c*** walked off the pitch laughing with his cringey Chelsea mates after they beat us. F*** that and F*** PayCech. Don't think I have ever hated an Arsenal more in any moment than that one with PayCech.

So happy Ospina is starting and happy with Wenger about this. Gives us a chance to win!
Let's just hope that Ospina has a blinder but I am already imagining him getting bullied in the box on set pieces by the physical Chelsea giants. Not playing Cech tomorrow goes against all prudence and can at best be termed as a gamble, especially when our back three is going to be seriously depleted.

Brown Gooner

Cahill is 6'4", Luiz is 6'2", Matic is 6'4" and Costa is 6'2". Also Batshuayi is 6'1"

All of these facts would lead a reasonable person of ordinary intelligence to infer that Chelsea are gonna be a serious threat in the air from set pieces.

So who would you select as your Goalkeeper to counter that physical threat?
- Petr Cech who's 6'5" and at 200 lbs (who has regularly played in recent times and has come up with decent performances), or
- David Ospina who's 6' and at 175 lbs (who last started for us more than 50 days ago)

I want you guys to look at this question from a rational and objective perspective without relying on any sentimental reasoning or conspiracy theorist logic. I know who I would play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom