• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
So you haven't actually seen Mbappe play for Monaco then. He plays as the furthest man forward with Falcao as the support striker. So Deschamps could certainly use him in a central role rather than Giroud. He chooses not to for the same reason he starts Giroud over Lacazette. They aren't the type of striker he wants in that position. So it has nothing to do with Giroud being better than either one. He's just different.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-06-at-12.26.45.png

He plays in a 2 man set up not as the central striker. That is Falcao's role. Therefore, he can not be compared or competing with Giroud. Let's leave it there. Pointless.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Tells others to take a chill pill while ramming his opinion of Lacazette and Co Down everyone's throat.

Pot calling the kettle n all that

Says the guy who is likening Lacazette to Aguero or stating he will be the second best striker after Kane next season for facts. I get it. ;)
I am actually convinced you have rarely seen him played.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He plays in a 2 man set up not as the central striker. That is Falcao's role. Therefore, he can not be compared or competing with Giroud. Let's leave it there. Pointless.

Semantics. He still plays as the point man -- the poacher -- not as a wide man as you suggested was the only role he had ever played. It's just a different formation. Falcao's role is to support and feed Mbappe, not the other way around. Aside from that, I agree. Let's leave it there.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Also says Atletico's offer was €53m + €12m in bonuses and we'd have to pay around that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Atletico were surely getting him as the Griezmann replacement at that price. Can't see them paying that sort of fee otherwise. I imagine they'll go after Costa now instead with Griezmann deciding to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom