• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This **** was counting pre-season trophies back in 2015, now he stopped?

Ewarwoowar

Does not grasp they are there for promotional reasons, effectively takes a big fat dump in the cup, way to sell yourself.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
he's not my favourite, but I have no problem with a captain showing a bit of leadership for once

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
he's not my favourite, but I have no problem with a captain showing a bit of leadership for once

The kids were excited they'd just beat Bayern and got an anti-climatic Grandad speech.

Don't see where he gets off acting like he's been a leader since he arrived here, like he's been steering the ship.

Giroud said it best;

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The abuse Cech gets on here is absolutely insane. People whinge about the lack of leaders and when Cech acts like a leader he gets abuse for it? Ridiculous stuff, I don't buy him making loads of mistakes either it's funny how he always plays well when we've got a settled midfield and defence and most of the times he makes mistakes seems to coincide with us being an absolute mess. He's a great guy to have in squad both for his goalkeeping ability and his leadership.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The abuse Cech gets on here is absolutely insane. People whinge about the lack of leaders and when Cech acts like a leader he gets abuse for it? Ridiculous stuff, I don't buy him making loads of mistakes either it's funny how he always plays well when we've got a settled midfield and defence and most of the times he makes mistakes seems to coincide with us being an absolute mess. He's a great guy to have in squad both for his goalkeeping ability and his leadership.
Couldn't agree more. Absolutely shocked at the abuse Cech is getting. Always rated him as a top pro and top player. Long before he came here even!!!!

You should all be ashamed. **** me has this club got a bunch of pricks for fans. You people will whine about anything.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Stupid really. Standing next to younger players, if you don't want to lift it hand it over.

Same guy that said he came for clean sheets then continued to **** up.
Yes, because that absolute **** show we have seen in our tactics defensively over the last ten years would of course have made him look better.... WTF!

Malky

Established Member
We got rid of a proper Arsenal lad in Szczesny to keep this helmet wearing rentboy. :(
Like @Penn_ said, if he didn't want to celebrate then don't stand over the kids telling them not to. Let them have their mini celebration, meaningless or not. Besides, who's he to ****ing lecture anyone in our squad - remember the Chelsea game where he passed to Cesc in an open goal then walked off the pitch laughing and joking with the Chelsea squad? Yeah, great example of a leader.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Yes, because that absolute **** show we have seen in our tactics defensively over the last ten years would of course have made him look better.... WTF!

Cech has cost us points with his inability to save saveable shots. Yes, our defence hasn't been great since he came but you need your keeper to bail you out every now and then, else what's the point in having one?

It's all well and good acting high and mighty to kids on tour but it's a bit irrelevant if you've previously celebrated a pre-season treble :lol:.

Reactions: BBF

Our problem is that we are the top team that allows the most shots on our target. Our problem is that we keep making stupid fouls around or inside the penalty area when we know penalties is his weakness.

Cech has won us a lot of points with brilliant saves. He is a good goalkeeper.

And who cares if he celebrated pre-season trophy earlier? The times where different there. Maybe he wanted to connect to the fans after newly joining the team. Now maybe he thinks the senior players should be more focused. We are out of CL and maybe he want to show the youngsters there are greater things waiting for them. No need to kill the guy for doing what he think is right as senior member of the team. We are long way from where we want to be as a club and team.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

He's not getting abuse for what he said. I think everyone can admire it. He can talk the talk, but until he actually achieves it, that's all it is. Too many talkers.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
People acting like Cech has legendary status here or something :lol:.

"The abuse he's getting is shocking." That's something Yanited fans used to say about Rooney, who was actually a club legend.

Cech made his name for the Russian Oil Club, he's barely done anything here. I'd say the last couple of months of last season was the best form he's shown since joining.

Needs to focus on his own form before trying to be a "leader."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom