• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't know why I just can't see myself seeing Alexis as the type to demand the exorbitant wages that are being rumoured.

There was always going to be speculation on him this summer and I think the media just love to wind Arsenal up.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't know why I just can't see myself seeing Alexis as the type to demand the exorbitant wages that are being rumoured.

There was always going to be speculation on him this summer and I think the media just love to wind Arsenal up.

If he was all about money he'd wait out his contract and get a massive signing on fee as well as high wages, which is probably what he will do.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sure his sale will also be impacted by the other 2018ers & how talks play out with agents & clubs over the next few weeks.

Özil especially & to a lesser extent Ox, Gibbs, Jack, Campbell & Jenkinson.

Clock ticking on a **** load of assets there... Just think how Özil contract talks breaking down or Ox/Jack intending to see out his deal can knock on.

What a mess. :mad:
Özil has flew under the radar. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm going for good. Waiting to announce he has signed alongside Alexis and Ramsey.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Özil has flew under the radar. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm going for good. Waiting to announce he has signed alongside Alexis and Ramsey.
Seems to be taken for granted.

Expect him to renew but would not be surprised if a major club tap him up for the free transfer.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Sure his sale will also be impacted by the other 2018ers & how talks play out with agents & clubs over the next few weeks.

Özil especially & to a lesser extent Ox, Gibbs, Jack, Campbell & Jenkinson.

Clock ticking on a **** load of assets there... Just think how Özil contract talks breaking down or Ox/Jack intending to see out his deal can knock on.

What a mess. :mad:

What is going on with you - you recreate such a post for like each page although everything points to Alexis staying right now.

Actually, nothing but fairy tales say anything else.
If there is any thread currently lock-worthy it's this one.

Especially, if one considers the sheer amount of redundant posts in here which do nothing but contribute to a negative atmosphere around this place for whatever reason ?

We had enough of this ****, cheer up and focus on signings or throwing out deadwood.
No sense in making life more miserable by creating imaginary problems.

Besides, who ever expected anything else but Özil to sign a new contract is even deadly negative for Arsenal fan standards.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What is going on with you - you recreate such a post for like each page although everything points to Alexis staying right now.

Actually, nothing but fairy tales say anything else.
If there is any thread currently lock-worthy it's this one.

Especially, if one considers the sheer amount of redundant posts in here which do nothing but contribute to a negative atmosphere around this place for whatever reason ?

We had enough of this ****, cheer up and focus on signings or throwing out deadwood.
No sense in making life more miserable by creating imaginary problems.
:lol:

I am in a very positive mind set about his sale. More than you it seems.

I want to see the next Arsenal team form not stall for a year.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
:lol:

I am in a very positive mind set about his sale. More than you it seems.

I want to see the next Arsenal team form not stall for a year.

Okay..wow did not see that one coming.

Never considered a possible attack of Özil, Alexis, Lacazette and Lemar to be considered 'stalling'

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Okay..wow did not see that one coming.

Never considered a possible attack of Özil, Alexis, Lacazette and Lemar to be considered 'stalling'

Of course if both renew... That is ideal & no question about it.

Feel it will get ugly quick with all the speculation otherwise. People say Alexis will keep his head down etc but we had trouble this season with teammates.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think he means if Alexis moves then it's stalling and he doesn't want that hence why he's in a positive mind.

I think :lol:

Yeah, but still was constantly posting negative comments all over the place how screwed we are with making it even sound as it is going to happen for sure although it's the excact opposite - lockworthy

Then again, he wasn't the only one.
There is way too much activity in here anyways.
Should get a post if some REAL news comes up.
Else nothing to see here..

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, but still was constantly posting negative comments all over the place how screwed we are with making it even sound as it is going to happen for sure although it's the excact opposite - lockworthy

Then again, he wasn't the only one.
There is way too much activity in here anyways.
Should get a post if some REAL news comes up.
Else nothing to see here..

Nah I get his point. We're still in the exact same position, nobody knows what will happen. Until we get to the 1st of September.

However for that reason I believe this should be locked until that point because anything else is pure hot air until something official pops up.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
That's exactly what you are doing throwing out undergrad business school acronyms like CAPM for this thread in ways that are not applicable.

Its also already been explained to why your estimate is inherently flawed. First you yourself admit to just making up %s for us making the CL with and without Alexis so that invalidates your "calculation" right off the bat as @samshere pointed out.

Also @Slartibartfast already broke down the basics of many of the variables you completely missed in your expected value "calculation" on the last page. I have also posted long posts about all these other factors that you seem to be missing but since Slarti is on the last page, you can just refer to that.

More nebulous "you're wrong" posturing with zero backup. I hope to god you're not doing valuation work discounting at the prime rate -- your clients / LPs would be pulling their head out. The prime rate is an artificial benchmark used for lending, created by Dow Jones -- given the fickle nature of the 'asset' (that is, the intake directly attributable to Alexis...he could get hurt, underperform, pout, etc.), the discount rate would be well into 2 digits -- forget about the prime rate that everyone seems to be so obsessed with.

And I never said I knew the true % increase in CL chance, just that a 100 p.p. jump would be worth ~50MM (in 2018 dollars), and, given that we didn't make the CL with Alexis last year, the jump empirically cannot exceed 50 (or whatever CL is worth). Moreover, in my first post I admitted "Not saying it's best for the club in the long term, or that I'd like him to be sold" -- this includes hits to goodwill, and a few other things that are basically impossible to parse at the moment. Perhaps you should be the one to re-read the threads that you've directed me towards?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
More nebulous "you're wrong" posturing with zero backup. I hope to god you're not doing valuation work discounting at the prime rate -- your clients / LPs would be pulling their head out. The prime rate is an artificial benchmark used for lending, created by Dow Jones -- given the fickle nature of the 'asset' (that is, the intake directly attributable to Alexis...he could get hurt, underperform, pout, etc.), the discount rate would be well into 2 digits -- forget about the prime rate that everyone seems to be so obsessed with.

And I never said I knew the true % increase in CL chance, just that a 100 p.p. jump would be worth ~50MM (in 2018 dollars), and, given that we didn't make the CL with Alexis last year, the jump empirically cannot exceed 50 (or whatever CL is worth). Moreover, in my first post I admitted "Not saying it's best for the club in the long term, or that I'd like him to be sold" -- this includes hits to goodwill, and a few other things that are basically impossible to parse at the moment. Perhaps you should be the one to re-read the threads that you've directed me towards?

You're still missing the point with making the CL. If we get CL and Alexis goes for free next year, then we'll have an easier time attracting a player worthy enough of replacing him given we'll have CL football. That will be in addition to the CL payout. It makes sense to keep Alexis as far as planning a year from now. And moreover, it's not all about the money in this case. It's about the message to other clubs and not being bullied into selling him. Add quality to what we have and win, then Alexis might sign a new contract.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You got out of that one. You probably didn't know how close you were to being strung up by your balls there.
Never have to worry about that kind of stuff when you post with a clear, unbiased mind.:D

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In reality it's only worth selling Alexis if we get offered £100m.

But also will he really want to stay here on a 140k a week contract if Özil signs one at 280k a week?! Hell no.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
You're still missing the point with making the CL. If we get CL and Alexis goes for free next year, then we'll have an easier time attracting a player worthy enough of replacing him given we'll have CL football. That will be in addition to the CL payout. It makes sense to keep Alexis as far as planning a year from now. And moreover, it's not all about the money in this case. It's about the message to other clubs and not being bullied into selling him. Add quality to what we have and win, then Alexis might sign a new contract.
Agreed -- that's all very important, but near impossible to value, so I didn't try. Was looking only at short term £ trade offs (as the board is far more likely to do than we as fans are) -- again, to quote myself, "not saying it's best for the club in the long term, or that I'd like him to be sold."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom