• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,642

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's worrying in as much as 3 or our 4 'proper' CB's - Merty, Kos, Mustafi and the one that played Holding - were missing. A positive slant for me is we have a lot of firepower and bags of goals even without Sanchy and nowhere near fit Özil and Rambo. Sign another quality player like Lemar and a CB and we'll be up there I feel
Nice to see you back for the new season mate. What a match. More excitement than a Zeppelin concert :lol:

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Hahaha!!! Losing and it's mumble mumble we're **** and useless because we're losing. Win and it's mumble mumble papering cracks.

Looking back at threads is really funny. Snap judgements often crap judgements.

Rollercoaster night at the Emirates. Next week we'll be better, we'll have at least two more centre-backs to choose from.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Second leicester goal is a result of allowing opponents to freely cross and freely shoot.

Third leicester goal is also a result of free heading for opponents.

Arsenal needs a better defensive coach.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Hahaha!!! Losing and it's mumble mumble we're **** and useless because we're losing. Win and it's mumble mumble papering cracks.

Looking back at threads is really funny. Snap judgements often crap judgements.

Rollercoaster night at the Emirates. Next week we'll be better, we'll have at least two more centre-backs to choose from.
Yet another poster arrives with common sense. What's happening to this forum. :lol:

How Soon Is Now

How are some people slating Xhaka's performance whilst others saying he's one of the handful to play well?!

Someone go and do a science and a maths and get the actual right answer.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wenger said himself we didn't win enough headers from goalkicks and set pieces. Leicester built momentum from a number of knockdowns that way. Make no mistake this is a huge issue, and the reason why we desperately need a player who's technically adept and has presence like N'zonzi alongside Xhaka. It's unacceptable to have zero midfielders who can head a ball. They are just making up numbers when defending set pieces basically. Without Mertesacker in defence the problem was simply compounded.

LeicesterFan

Hey guys, Leicester fan here, just had to sign up after such an amazing game.

Despite our poor results against you guys over the years, I've always had great respect for Arsenal ever since Bergkamp scored that hat trick against us. Every single game is enjoyable, thrilling & entertaining. Both teams seem to always go for it, which is great.

Anyway, I think tonight both teams can take a lot of positives from the game. For us, we executed a great game plan but sadly a couple lapses in concentration & poorly timed subs cost us! However I see no reason why we can't finish 7th or 8th this year.

As for you guys, your make shift back 3 was exactly that, make shift. Once your regulars are back, you should look much better in that department. I think your strong attack was the difference tonight. If you keep hold of Alexis then I don't think many teams will be able to contain you.

Good luck for the season & I look forward to another thrilling game at the King Power !!

P.S how good is Albrighton?!! Terrific all round player, should be playing for England :)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger said himself we didn't win enough headers from goalkicks and set pieces. Leicester built momentum from a number of knockdowns that way. Make no mistake this is a huge issue, and the reason why we desperately need a player who's technically adept and has presence like N'zonzi alongside Xhaka. It's unacceptable to have zero midfielders who can head a ball. They are just making up numbers when defending set pieces basically. Without Mertesacker in defence the problem was simply compounded.
You right every time Leicester won a header in the middle of the pitch we found ourselves in trouble. our defense apart from mertesacker is average I think 1'82cm and that always going to be trouble in set pieces and crosses against tall strikers.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Despite our poor results against you guys over the years, I've always had great respect for Arsenal ever since Bergkamp scored that hat trick against us. Every single game is enjoyable, thrilling & entertaining. Both teams seem to always go for it, which is great.

Anyway, I think tonight both teams can take a lot of positives from the game. For us, we executed a great game plan but sadly a couple lapses in concentration & poorly timed subs cost us! However I see no reason why we can't finish 7th or 8th this year.

As for you guys, your make shift back 3 was exactly that, make shift. Once your regulars are back, you should look much better in that department. I think your strong attack was the difference tonight. If you keep hold of Alexis then I don't think many teams will be able to contain you.

Good luck for the season & I look forward to another thrilling game at the King Power !!
Welcome agree it was amazing game also you guys made some good signings syou will be much better than last season.

P.S how good is Albrighton?!! Terrific all round player, should be playing for England :)

Cheers, finally a likeable poster from other team on this forum!

Good luck for the season!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Albrighton's cross was delicious.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Missed game but goals conceded you could tell we had no CB on the pitch

ace2252

Really enjoyable game. Welbeck frustrated me, always seems in two minds in what ball to play and ends up slowing down momentum.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
On reflection, our defence stills has problems that need fixing, but at the same time that back 5 in no way reflects how we're going to play this season. I predict our season to be characterised by Kolasinac and Ox bombing down the wings. Van Dijk and/or N'Zonzi and we're gonna trounce some teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom