• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | December 31, 2017 | 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's just the typical rubbish, people looking for any excuse.

The fact is we struggled to do anything of note against the bottom team.
The fact is it was not a penalty. If it was not a penalty it was not an excuse.

People looking for any excuse to diss Wenger even if it means denying the truth. It is not about how good or bad we were, it was simply not a penalty. Chambers hand was not in an unnatural position and his body was behind it.

BobP

Memri Fan
No we wouldn't , his arms are tucked into his body , it if doesn't strike his arm it strikes his body . Ridiculous pen .

They're not though.

The issue is his distance to when Gibbs hit the ball.

Watch the lead up and you'll see his arms flaying about.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
This clip makes it look a awful decision.

But look at this clip & reaction after the ball hits. Looks an intentional swat & just asking the ref to give it late on.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Should have held on to the own goal that we managed to get late in the game against the bottom PL team. Says it all really, if we dont strengthen in Jan then Wenger is watching another team out there week in week out. The team I see is barely top 6 let alone top 4 level.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Lol. Gibbs is a few feet from Chambers, who had his arms tucked in to avoid a hand ball if they were out to the side. Gibbs litterally crissed the ball right into his forearm. It's not as if Chambers tried to stop the ball with his arm. No pen for me.

Amazing how people's anti Wenger agenda is used to post silly comments like this.
Said it in one mate. People who are really unable to support Arsenal whilst Wenger is still manager should shut the **** up if they cannot at least watch a game dispassionately.

FreakySami

I've watched it again, distance is the only question mark.

Regardless, Chambers had his arms flaying all over the place when approaching Gibbs. Watch Mustafi approach a player in a similar position and he always has his arms behind his back

Besides, ball was at his body, not his face.

I know you are a wind up merchant but please go learn a thing or two about distances, natural arm placement and ball to hand. it doesn't matter his arm was already there and didn't make a movement to put it somewhere else. Also, don't bother replying I'm not going to reply to your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom