• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
United - moyes lasted less than a year for his 7th position finish. LVG got them a 4th and a 5th spot finish along with an FA cup - got the sack.
Chelsea - Jose won the league with them, got the sack next season, Conte wins them the PL the next season.
Pool - Rodgers takes them to touching distance of a PL, 6th in the next - sakced.
Sp**s - well they have actually CHALLENGED for the title in the last 2 years and only an idiot would want Poch out.

If anything, we are the exception of the wrong way here. Most of these teams were out of top4, changed the management and went on to be better, much better.
Rodgers, Moyes and Mourinho were sacked, but all three have found some success at future clubs. No one knows what would have happened if they'd stayed.

And all of those fell out of the top 4 quite quickly. Wenger's managed 20 years. I honestly don't think our fans understand how hard that is to achieve.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
More than happy for a change, looking forward to it bro.

latest

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know why. I feel sorry more than anything, he is out of his depths at top level coaching.

Disgusted is abit strong. This mess is also the fault of Stan and Ivan, not Wenger, they gave him this new deal.

He bears some part in our current malaise, but the brunt of it should be shouldered by Gazidis. He has Kroenke's ear & being at a host of matches every season has a front row insight into the disaster he's causing by enabling Arsène.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I can't even force myself to get excited over the potential arrival of PEA & Mhiki and maybe Malcolm because it won't make a jot of a difference if Arséne is still at the helm. The only signing that could honestly get me excited is a new manager.

We're witnessing an absolute debacle here with the transfer of Alexis Sanchez, one of the modern greats of Arsenal, another star player who just got fed up of having to play with sub-standard colleagues and a manager that no longer knew how to move his team to the "next" level.

I'd go one better & say "New Management" broad enough to encompass a complete ownership & board overhaul.

Nothing less will suffice at this perilous stage.

TheArsenalis

Rodgers, Moyes and Mourinho were sacked, but all three have found some success at future clubs. No one knows what would have happened if they'd stayed.

And all of those fell out of the top 4 quite quickly. Wenger's managed 20 years. I honestly don't think our fans understand how hard that is to achieve.
think you missed his point.

we know its hard, but we are even trying? we are ina slow death with this continuation and we dont even know it, we think it safe because the decline is so steady and smooth we can barely feel it. sorta like the frog in the boiling water with heat slowly rising before we knw it we'll be cooked and ready. if we are not there yet.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

think you missed his point.

we know its hard, but we are even trying? we are ina slow death with this continuation and we dont even know it, we think it safe because the decline is so steady and smooth we can barely feel it. sorta like the frog in the boiling water with heat slowly rising before we knw it we'll be cooked and ready. if we are not there yet.
True, no doubt. For several reasons it was time for a change in May.

But I'll defend Wenger's first 20 years to the hilt.

TheArsenalis

that is fine and honorb

to be honest, id be right behind you if he himself was trying to defend those 20 years of history, as of late he has done nothing but his best to undermine his legacy. he is rewriting everything.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax don’t talk about net spend, talk about net fan spend.

Yeah shocking. They've had some freezes, but the club should fix this. I know London overheads are expensive but they're taking the p*ss.

Not sure why Sp**s are so low though. Sky published the season ticket prices and the three London clubs were the highest Chelsea, Sp**s and Arsenal in that order.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wenger ripped a new one to Mike Dean

I doubt I would have been that nice. Do not think 'disgrace' is enough by a country mile. How about: You ******* useless ***! You worthless piece of ****! God, I really hate Mike Dean. He is the worst by far and that is saying quite a lot as I hate the rest of them also...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think Wenger gets a lot if grief and often rightfully so, but when he lays into garbage like Mike Dean I cannot help but feel I want to be there with him and give Dean a piece of my mind. It's like when he had that small dustup with Morinho. I just wish he was less of a standup citizen at times and just went Medieval on their *sses!

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

20 years in the top 4 is nothing but a historical artefact really. Only our trending performance in the last 2 seasons is relevant to fans current mood and our current manegerial requirements.

FreakySami

Yeah shocking. They've had some freezes, but the club should fix this. I know London overheads are expensive but they're taking the p*ss.

Not sure why Sp**s are so low though. Sky published the season ticket prices and the three London clubs were the highest Chelsea, Sp**s and Arsenal in that order.

If they take into account the corporate lounges, it's normal that is that high, I would like to see it without any corporate lounge.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Think Wenger gets a lot if grief and often rightfully so, but when he lays into garbage like Mike Dean I cannot help but feel I want to be there with him and give Dean a piece of my mind. It's like when he had that small dustup with Morinho. I just wish he was less of a standup citizen at times and just went Medieval on their *sses!
Oh please. He's just using Dean as an excuse. Don't get me wrong, Dean is an absolute sh!thole but we were playing like crap that day and didn't deserve to win.

STATS

Jose won a league previously.
Rodgers almost won a league with a team that no one gave a chance.
Moyes was out of his depth.

Wenger on the other hand has actually brain-washed us into thinking that TOP4 is indeed a trophy. Suddenly, top4 (not the PL, not the CL) is the measure against which all success is now measured, is not it?

TOP4 means nothing specially when we cant go above the ****ing round of 16, and infact are totally humiliated year after year. Now dont get your squad cost out because ATM have reached the final twice and juventus have reached the final twice and BVB have reached the final once in the last 5 years and none of them will have a squad cost greater than ours. A managerial failure of the highest proportions.

Anyways, the fact that teams would sack managers after just a season out of top4 after a season of winning PL, shows the difference in the measurement of success. For us, success can be "TOP4", while for others it is actually challenging for the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom