• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Ideally it would be Simeone for me but as he's not on the list it's Jardim - Allegri - Arteta in that order. The rest can piss off. Would only accept Ancelotti if Wenger ended up getting sacked and we needed a caretaker until the end of the season.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Somebody that probably won't happen but not out of the question totally as he'll be available soon is Zidane.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Jardim is pretty much a yes man, isn't he? Is he really going to be the man to stand up to the board? No chance. We need a manager that's good enough, confident enough in his reputation and ability that he'll stand up to the board even if it means getting sacked.

In essence we need someone who thinks he better than us, someone that could quit and get an equally good or better job somewhere else. Problem is I doubt anyone like that would manage us.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Can't be denied Wenger is highly rated as a coach within the game too.....

If Arteta wants to be Arsenal manager he needs to first leave City and either come manage our youth team or another side. As an assistant manager he is as qualified to be our manager as Ryan Giggs should be for Utd. Ask yourself this question: if Arteta stayed an Everton player and never played for us would you want him to be our manager with his current experience?

I absolutely deny it.

Unless we employ Arteta, I think I might be finished with football.

Arteta revives a spark in me, it can’t be denied.

It really makes the most sense and might turn out to be the best we could do.

Every name mentioned stinks of struggle for top4, you don't see those managers Low, Ancelotti, Favre, Jardim compete with the best teams, might even struggle against Klopp and Pochetto.

With Arteta at least you know he will improve, it is exciting, big risk. Will bring much needed romantic to the sport I once loved.

Reactions: Jae

shenanigans

wtf why? could say the same about any of our ex players with zero experience. not saying he would necessarily be a bad choice but come on.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
It really makes the most sense and might turn out to be the best we could do.

Every name mentioned stinks of struggle for top4, you don't see those managers Low, Ancelotti, Favre, Jardim compete with the best teams, might even struggle against Klopp and Pochetto.

With Arteta at least you know he will improve, it is exciting, big risk. Will bring much needed romantic to the sport I once loved.

Vieira would be the romantic choice - a black manager at the club where he was one of the most prominent of the Invincibles

scytheavatar

Established Member

That spark of yours will die when Arteta ends up being a flop and has his reputation ruined by failing as Arsenal manager...... pure folly to care more about short term feels than long term results.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
LOL Would it be better if I pinpointed to another event involving some other ethnic group? Because we can do that.

Edit: Here you go.... He looks like a Holodomor survivor. Better?

And don't start drawing the line on comedy.
Not so much of an anti-semitic as you bare just an out and out racist. Okay, got ya.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Arteta is a credible option. Whatever you think of it, it can’t be denied he’s highly rated as a coach within the game.

I want a young manager I think.

Yeah just not yet I think. Give him a few years for the Wenger influence to leave his system.

Wryer

I'm all for a manager that can,

1) properly introduce a structure for the team with well defined roles on the pitch.

2) tactically flexible and proactive

We don't have time for romanticism, and that's why ex players cannot be parachuted into the hot seat. If they have desire to lead the team, they should really forge from junior ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom