• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
He had earlier replied that "the timing was not really my decision" in response to a direct question about why he was leaving a year before his contract ends ''

Yeah deffs got sacked. Now watch him win the treble anywhere else

frbenzema2014

Arsène Wenger ;)was not in the mood to turn the start of his Arsenal farewell into a big event - which was just as well given the mood of apathy that hung over the Emirates Stadium like a dense fog.

Arsène Wenger Premier League stats: Games 823, wins 473, losses 151, goals scored 1,549, league titles
The American praised Wenger's "exceptional record", adding that he "transformed the identity of our club and of English football with his vision for how the game can be played".

Appointed on 1 October 1996, he is the Premier League's current longest-serving manager and has taken charge of a record 823 games.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gvG0thYZUKU/WuAnpeTM-GI/AAAAAAAARCY/ZcCw8y88lHAHEFicazpPJisiFXht9G8WgCLcBGAs/s400/Arsène%2BWenger%2Bse%2Bira%2Bdel%2BArsenal%2B%25281%2529.jpg

But some fans have turned on the Frenchman over the past two seasons as a result of their league performances. Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Newcastle was their 11th in the league this season, equalling their worst tally in a campaign under Wenger. They are 33 points behind leaders Manchester City, who have 87 points, and the same number away from bottom side West Brom, who have 21.

In 2003-04, he became the first manager since 1888-89 to lead a team through an English top-flight season unbeaten.

But after winning the 2005 FA Cup, they waited another nine years - or 3,283 days - for their next silverware. It came as they beat Hull City to win the 2014 FA Cup, before winning the trophy again the following season.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X3VebyZo0oU/WuAnpUet9KI/AAAAAAAARCc/QrFeRuTWSFIGMYpHzp1BnXSO5_D_RfHqgCLcBGAs/s400/Arsène%2BWenger%2Bse%2Bira%2Bdel%2BArsenal%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Wenger won his seventh FA Cup last season, beating Chelsea 2-1 at Wembley, but finished 18 points behind Antonio Conte's Premier League champions.

His side have struggled in Europe since losing to Barcelona in 2006 Champions League final.

They were eliminated at the last-16 stage for the seventh successive season on their last appearance in the competition in 2017, losing 10-2 on aggregate to Bayern Munich.

In 2006, they moved into the £390m Emirates Stadium after leaving Highbury.

The Gunners have consistently spent less than their main Premier League rivals on new signings, but Wenger twice broke the club's transfer record this season.

France striker Alexandre Lacazette joined in the summer for £46.5m, while his final signing was Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for £56m in January.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DlbmXapmElA/WuAnphJdcQI/AAAAAAAARCg/fDgPypFhXXAn1ARXQelM698HH29AymvdACLcBGAs/s400/Arsène%2BWenger%2Bse%2Bira%2Bdel%2BArsenal%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Former Borussia Dortmund manager Thomas Tuchel has already been linked with the job, while Wenger himself said former Arsenal midfielder Patrick Viera "has the potential" to succeed him. Tuchel is the favourite with the bookies at the moment, ahead of Germany boss Joachim Low and former Real Madrid, AC Milan and Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti. "We have high ambitions to build on Arsène's remarkable tenure and to honour his vision by ensuring Arsenal competes for and wins the biggest and most important prizes in the game," added Kroenke.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r6swY7otnaI/WuAnqkB2CdI/AAAAAAAARCk/urRoRchbAB43cMZ_WajDz3z-I_L2y1LqACLcBGAs/s400/Arsène%2BWenger%2Bse%2Bira%2Bdel%2BArsenal%2B%25284%2529.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
That tweet says it all....

Admittedly feel a bit silly now tbh. Would never have trusted common sense / the entire press if I’d known Carl Bovis off twitter was claiming different.

All a matter of perspective of course. Could be that the Wenger Out Brigade are trying to stir more disharmony. Could be that weird remnants of the Wenger is god brigade are so desperate to forge a story of self-sacrificial martyrdom that they’re refusing to countenance any and all evidence to the countary.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Admittedly feel a bit silly now tbh. Would never have trusted common sense / the entire press if I’d known Carl Bovis off twitter was claiming different.

All a matter of perspective of course. Could be that the Wenger Out Brigade are trying to stir more disharmony. Could be that weird remnants of the Wenger is god brigade are so desperate to forge a story of self-sacrificial martyrdom that they’re refusing to countenance any and all evidence to the countary.

Well, the entire press you speak so fondly of, made you look pretty damn silly indeed yesterday.

say yes

forum master baiter
Well, the entire press you speak so fondly of, made you look pretty damn silly indeed yesterday.

You’re overdoing it as usual but yeah happy to concede I jumped the gun on Wenger’s comments.

Wenger didn’t confirm that he was pushed which just takes us back to where we were before the comment was made:

I argue that common sense and every reliable media organisation (including someone like Auclair who’s incredibly close to Arsène) all point one way.

You argue that:
I made my own conclusion on the matter. There was not a single paper reporting that Wenger was about to announce leaving and yet I'm supposed to believe them when they say he was sacked? They put 2+2 together, and what made the best headlines, wow, evidence.

Which I think is an utterly nonsensical point of view. Still there’s no point working you up into a lather again - why don’t we just agree to disagree?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We will get Arsenal - a tactically naive side that will be easily disposed of over two legs by a wily defensive side with a superior manager.

Football isn't fairytale.
One day when Wenger's gone and all the frustrated posting melts away and common sense finally returns. You really must explain to me how a manager can fail to drop out of the top 4 for 20 years straight yet be tactically naive. With 8 of those years spending a sum total of -£35m.

Particularly as the defensive coach and much lauded Mourinho can only manage once in the last 3 years spending a fortune.

Meanwhile I'll try and play more FIFA to see what it is I'm missing.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You’re overdoing it as usual but yeah happy to concede I jumped the gun on Wenger’s comments.

Wenger didn’t confirm that he was pushed which just takes us back to where we were before the comment was made:

I argue that common sense and every reliable media organisation (including someone like Auclair who’s incredibly close to Arséne) all point one way.

You argue that:

Which I think is an utterly nonsensical point of view. Still there’s no point working you up into a lather again - why don’t we just agree to disagree?

Happy for you mate, your common sense is something to be hold of - must take a complete genius to work out who most probably took the initiative given the recent results and events at the club. :rolleyes:

Every reliable media organisation? In an industry where clickbait is its main weapon, creating ****ty headlines, lies and what not.. it's utterly nonsensical not to believe them? Well, in that case, you should stick your common sense up where the sun doesn't shine.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
One day when Wenger's gone and all the frustrated posting melts away and common sense finally returns. You really must explain to me how a manager can fail to drop out of the top 4 for 20 years straight yet be tactically naive. With 8 of those years spending a sum total of -£35m.

Particularly as the defensive coach and much lauded Mourinho can only manage once in the last 3 years spending a fortune.

I have a legit question. How is he allowed to keep making the same point over and over again without being warned? This is ****ing ridiculous now

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I have a legit question. How is he allowed to keep making the same point over and over again without being warned? This is ****ing ridiculous now
Just hope one day he answers my question. ;)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

They’re consistent, at least. There isn’t a ladder long enough to help them down off that moral high horse. If the scenario played out the same anywhere else, they’d all be saying the manager was pushed. It’s so cute, I could burst.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

That same manager has had teams hammered 6-1, 8-2 and 5-1.... Sorry, but you can't claim this man has a clue in modern football tactically. If you think our defense is solid you either don;t watch the games or you don;t have a clue how the game works.

Defending is and has been a major problem of ours for a while now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger is stepping down at the end of the season.

Who does it benefit to try and guess the reasons behind it? Ot changes nothing
That’s true, but it does make one quite suspicious when one set of fans get all defensive when the others naturally and innocently try and read between the lines.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

That’s true, but it does make one quite suspicious when one set of fans get all defensive when the others naturally and innocently try and read between the lines.

I’m not following. Aren’t we all one set of fans? Who’s reading between the lines and who’s getting defensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom