• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Completely agree about feeling detached. People go on about getting behind the team but it's honestly tough to support some of this lot. You go back to the teams that featured the likes of Denilson and Bendtner and they actually were easier to get behind in the sense that they had a lot of truly crap players who gave it their best the vast majority of the time. Seeing a team outclassed is one thing. Seeing a team outworked is quite the other and that is the problem with this group now. They're constantly outworked.

When I saw them casually walking up the pitch around the 80th min just passing with no urgency, I could feel the hate for these players bubbling up inside me.. All this team does is talk the talk..

Some of the earlier teams were crap too, but I loved rooting for them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Maybe he's waiting for the right opportunity? If Arsenal offered him a role at the club, I'm sure he wouldn't turn it down.
I don’t like that though, if he’s serious about coaching he should be out there making a name for himself.

Hasselbaink went to league two, Vieira went to the USA, Edgar Davids was at MK Dons.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Thankfully we have no chance of getting simeone btw. This season has made me realise how much good football means to me. I’ve been jealous of liverpool over of their style of play more than anything.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's not that bad aye but it isn't anything close to Xhaka's. What should have happened is getting both Xhaka and Kante in simultaneously. Xhaka isn't a ****ing DM - why judge him as one?

Well this season he has been poor tracking back and winning the ball back in key areas.

But my biggest problem with Xhaka is his passing and not being able to look up and play that killer pass over the top.

I want him sold mainly because he always frustrates me and always chooses the wrong pass.

I've seen countless times this season when Lacazette or Aubameyeng have made a run and played off the shoulder of the defender. Xhaka has the ball but is scared to play the pass instead he goes to Monreal, Bellerin or even back to the defence.

A new manager can't change that.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Griezmann’s goal in the first leg is what killed us today. That welbeck dribble into 4 men and monreal playing griezmann onside is why we are ****ing out. That error reminded me of Oxlade-Chamberlain gifting Monaco the third goal which won them the tie. 10 man with 80 mins to go and we could not hold a one goal lead. Some of these lot lack so much intelligence that without football they would be serious laughing stock in the outside world
Both those times was the stupid defence's fault . Why are you still so high up the pitch near the end of the fvcking game.

AVENTUS

Domination of your league, European success, able to attract the elite players, having major finances etc.

Utd, Juventus, Milan, Real, Barcelona, Liverpool etc

Barcelona finished 6th in La liga in 2002 Arsenal were crowned Champions of England that same year.

Would of you called us elite then.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Gunnerblog made an interesting point. It was widely assumed we had a pretty good January transfer window given the circumstances; yes we lost Alexis, Giroud and Walcott but we got Auba and Mkhi. But in reality it has turned out that we sold 3 attacking players, brought in 2 and only one of them could play in Europe. So our recruitment neglected Europe and focused on the PL, while our season neglected PL and focused on Europe. We were left with the worst of both worlds and only Nketiah left on the bench at the end of it. A mini shambles befitting the greater shambles of this era.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Thankfully we have no chance of getting simeone btw. This season has made me realise how much good football means to me. I’ve been jealous of liverpool over of their style of play more than anything.
Funny you should say that since we could have had Klopp had Wenger just simply left a few years ago .

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gunnerblog made an interesting point. It was widely assumed we had a pretty good January transfer window given the circumstances; yes we lost Alexis, Giroud and Walcott but we got Auba and Mkhi. But in reality it has turned out that we sold 3 attacking players, brought in 2 and only one of them could play in Europe. So our recruitment neglected Europe and focused on the PL, while our season neglected PL and focused on Europe. We were left with the worst of both worlds and only Nketiah left on the bench at the end of it. A mini shambles befitting the greater shambles of this era.
We could've kept them but its very clear both Walcott and Giroud wanted out specially Giroud

SupremeClientele

Players like Denilson never gave it their best. I remember him falling over when Peenar done us on the counter. I remember Arshavin regularly running out of breath after the first 10 minutes. And Chamakh just letting the captain's armband fall to the floor when getting substituted. This attitude has been at the club for a long time.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
When I saw them casually walking up the pitch around the 80th min just passing with no urgency, I could feel the hate for these players bubbling up inside me.. All this team does is talk the talk..

Some of the earlier teams were crap too, but I loved rooting for them.
Exactly. And they'll apologize for it and then the ones that survive what you would hope is a proper cull by the incoming manager will down tools again at the first sign of the other team showing they want to win the match. It's disgusting.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Look at the poverty options on the bench tonight:

Cech
Chambers
Kolasinac
AMN
Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Nketiah

There were no real game changers on the bench yet Arsène Wenger assumed this squad was good enough at the start of the season.

AVENTUS

Players like Denilson never gave it there best. I remember him falling over when Peenar done us on the counter. I remember Arshavin regularly running out of breath after the first 10 minutes. And Chamakh letting the captain's armband fall to the floor when getting substituted. This attitude has been at the club for a long time.

No doubt...

Last 10 years have been poverty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom