• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Gotta call him slimey since it effects us, but I actually respect his professional attitude and focus on solely furthering his own career. Even to the point of apparently taking a pay cut to join us or even being willing ditch his country for England if it meant a chance of going to the World Cup.

But that's also precisely the problem with him getting the Arsenal job since romanticism seems to be the sole reason people are fine with him getting the job.
What's the point in giving him his start and apparently the couple of seasons we need to be patient with him so he can learn on the job, when it's safe to assume in 2-3 season if he is any good Barca will come calling and he'd be off?

Arteta is very far from my first choice, but I don't think the people who do want him do so for romantic reasons. Nobody is under the impression he's a legend in the vein of Henry or Vieira. Most likely they want him because of how highly regarded he is and the fact that he appears to demonstrate very promising signs of being a good coach. It just so happens that he also played here and knows the club.

As for the point that he may go to Barca in the future, well who wouldn't? Very few. If someone is getting a job offer from Barca then it means they've done some good things, which can only mean that he's done a good job here. That's a good thing surely. Wenger is an exception, most people will step up the ladder if given the opportunity, managers just like players. Barca is a step up, whether you like it or not.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ok this argument is ridiculous. Just because you’re Wenger in and Arteta in doesn’t mean the inverse is true.

I wasn’t Wenger out but I don’t want Arteta. This is like those c*nts who equate remainers with “soft liberal snowflakes”. Have a word with yourself.
It's not an argument, just been reading posts about people not supporting Arteta if he comes :lol:

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I would prefer Arteta to Vieira. There is very little talk of Vieira being an exceptional coach of any sort, Arteta comes highly rated. I just dont think either are ready for such a big job.

scytheavatar

Established Member
People comparing Arteta to Moyes. Moyes went in to Utd and changed Fergie's brand of football to hoofball, p*ssing off the players in the process. I doubt we have to worry about that.

Yeah, if we do get Arteta it is a huge risk, but some people writing him off already is annoying.

Why don't we have to worry about it? We have absolutely no idea what type of football Arteta wants us to play. Our players will want to see a manager who can take us forward and teach them things they didn't learn under Wenger, if we hire Arteta you can be sure that the majority of the players will be scratching their heads. And wondering what Arteta can teach them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Are you serious? 16/17 - £106.97m, 15/16 - £96.34m, 13/14 - £107.08m. Not quite £100m in one of the years but near enough.
:lol::lol::lol: So it's not 3 years over £100m+ . And you meant spend using sales, not 'after sales' which is net spend.

I'll wait for your apology. Now behave.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
People comparing Arteta to Moyes. Moyes went in to Utd and changed Fergie's brand of football to hoofball, p*ssing off the players in the process. I doubt we have to worry about that.

Yeah, if we do get Arteta it is a huge risk, but some people writing him off already is annoying.

Also, Moyes has been in a completely different situation.
Ferguson certainly was immensely successfull but in what he failed was to set up a proper squad for his successor.
That's one of the core differences between Wenger and Ferguson. Wenger tried to his best to give the next manager the best possible squad, that is a mix of talent and experience while Ferguson left a squad of old men.
He just ride on that waves of success that was connected to greats like Vidic, Ferdinand, RVP, Rooney etc and Moyes kinda had to make a transition from square one.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How about we settle this: people who actively want Arteta above anybody else probably need their head checked, while people who would refuse to back Arteta if he were appointed probably need a slap around the face. Most reasonable people wouldn't have him as first choice but would back him if he's appointed. Fair?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How about we settle this: people who actively want Arteta above anybody else probably need their head checked, while people who would refuse to back Arteta if he were appointed probably need a slap around the face. Most reasonable people wouldn't have him as first choice but would back him if he's appointed. Fair?

Yeah the day we hire him, I’m behind him all the way. We should be allowed to disagree with the hiring though.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Moyes is an old style british manager, there is no comparison with Arteta who is meant to be progressive and modern. Its all hope with Arteta though, hes done nothing to back it up. Big gamble.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
:lol::lol::lol: So it's not 3 years over £100m+ . And you meant spend using sales, not 'after sales' which is net spend.

I'll wait for your apology. Now behave.

No i meant what i said. I cleared up any confusion about the wording in the first reply.

Yeah, i was talking about recent history. Three out of the last four years has been £100m. You know what i meant, stupid ****.

Also if it's not clear, when i said "after sales" i meant that money being included in the budget. Again, you probably knew that. Dumb broken record ****.

Why you mentioned Pep i don't know. Oh wait, it's because you're a ****.

You're the one who carried on like a chuckling dickhead ignoring what was being said.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Why don't we have to worry about it? We have absolutely no idea what type of football Arteta wants us to play. Our players will want to see a manager who can take us forward and teach them things they didn't learn under Wenger, if we hire Arteta you can be sure that the majority of the players will be scratching their heads. And wondering what Arteta can teach them.

No, we can't be sure what the players think (aside from Ramsey). That's the whole point. We don't know. People are flinging out assumptions as facts.

There's a supporters perception of Arteta and there (appears to be) a different perception of him in the footballing world.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
I can visualise Arteta taking the team meeting, and the players giggle, and then they see Per standing impassively at the back, and they reverse-giggle.

Its happening. I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom