• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
Welcome Micky Arteta. I hope that they will pull the trigger at last and announce it on Monday/Tuesday. I think everybody are tired of this shambles by now.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey Out.

**** like this really pisses me off. We stood by Ramsey through thick and thin, and he potentially might shaft us by running down his contract. Why can't he just sign an extension on improved terms and we sell him getting us the maximum fee possible? He owes us that much at least.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
**** like this really pisses me off. We stood by Ramsey through thick and thin, and he potentially might shaft us by running down his contract. Why can't he just sign an extension on improved terms and we sell him getting us the maximum fee possible? He owes us that much at least.
Darren talk s**t not reliable at all about transfers

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
To be fair he renewed before on the same terms which was honorable.

Also only really Wenger always had his back. Crowd went in at times.

At 27 & us appointing Arteta has every right to walk away head up high.

Its his prime now.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Feels like my dog has died. :(

Think I'll get a puppy and call it Arteta.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

People need to chill out. We've essentially hit rock bottom this season, the only way is up. Even if this new manager doesn't work out at least it shows the board is trying to be proactive and making positive changes to prevent the club from becoming stale.

IMO ( :lol: )

I agree with your sentiment, mate. I just worry that there wasn't a ****ing peep for years and then the moment some empty seats started showing up, Wenger is gone.

I believe the decision was money motivated, rather than motivated by success.

Jae

I agree with your sentiment, mate. I just worry that there wasn't a ****ing peep for years and then the moment some empty seats started showing up, Wenger is gone.

I believe the decision was money motivated, rather than motivated by success.

Probably mate, that's the modern game for you now unfortunately.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A Great Dane would be Lord Bendtner and he hasn't got his coaching badges yet. Vieira's more a French Bulldog.

Would be well pleased if he came. :lol:

AVENTUS

Arteta would be the strangest appointment of all Arsenals strangest appointments of recent time.

Wenger was plucked from obscurity in Japan, Bolton had only just been promoted to the Premier League club when Bruce Rioch was appointed, while George Graham was managing Millwall when he took over from Don Howe. Even Bertie Mee, the manager of the 1970/71 double winning team, was promoted from the position of club Physio

:lol::lol::lol:

Club is as crazy as anything you’d call crazy one of them thin line between insanity and genius Scenarios

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
That one year surely got him some experience, especially in things we who are not working in the football world underestimate, like administrative things for example (I am not talking about club administration, but any manager is surely involved in administrative ongoings concerning his team).
It's like in any other field of work; the higher you rise the more tasks and responsibility your are given, the more focused and aware you have to be as well as working more comprehensive. The lower your joblevel the more you can concentrate on your prime tasks, e.g. in this context coaching your team.

Now I don't think that one year at Barca B made him into the coach he is or transformed his philosophy. But it gave a) him the chance to see if it works and actually "experiment on a living thing", a team; and b) it gave Barcelona the chance to see what he was about, if he had what it takes, etc.

So that year surely didn't make "Guardiola the manager", but it rather gave Barca the chance to assess him.

And that's my main gripe with Arteta. The assessment centre, the test run, which Barca B was for Guardiola, would be Arsenal for Arteta.
I'm not saying I don't want him 'cause he's bad, I don't know that - I can't. But I, and in my opinion no one, can either know if he's actually any good. And I don't want Arsenal to be the test run to see if Mikel Arteta is a good manager or not. That just doesn't run well with me when there's lots of other options of various profile out there.

Excellent points. One thing that some may not understand is that managing Barcelona B is not like managing Arsenal reserves. It's a real team that competes in the normal divisions of Spanish football. Pep actually got Barcelona B promoted. It would be like Arteta going and managing Plymouth Argyle or Bradford City for a year, except under the close watch of the Arsenal hierarchy, and getting them promoted to the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom