• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

You just have to laugh if we do actually hire him though. He’s theoretically the absolute worst appointment we could make.

Anyone with any experience of managing a professional football team is, on paper, a better appointment than Arteta. Let that sink in
. :lol:

giphy.gif

MajorCluelessHoopoe.gif

RammiXP

This club never fails to disappoint anymore.

We are a farce. Such a massive gamble if the speculation around Arteta is true! I hope it works for the sake of Arsenal but I think this will be a horrible situation.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You just have to laugh if we do actually hire him though. He’s theoretically the absolute worst appointment we could make.

Anyone with any experience of managing a professional football team is, on paper, a better appointment than Arteta. Let that sink in. :lol:

I’d rather hire Darren Moore ffs. :lol:

Feel like joining AFTV after reading this :(

FreakySami

I think change is imminent in regards to manager appointments. We will have less and less traditional managers and more and more coaches that take on managerial roles.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Everyone here is way too negative. Pep & Wenger vouched for him.

Two of the very best. He learned how to fail under Wenger. He learned how to win under Pep. Now he'll combine them together and learn how to succeed in the race for top 4. BELIEVE.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Thought about it a lot and I reckon there's only one rational reason for appointing Arteta: the board want to transition away from a traditional management structure.

They want a structure in which the manager is less important; more of a head coach who works alongside a head of recruitment and a director of football etc. Arteta would be a good choice in that regard. Much easier to manage given his lack of experience / ego. Knows the club well, supposedly up there with the new brand of forward thinking coaches.

Could be a great idea. As much as I'd prefer a top manager coming in, developing a management structure which is less contingent on there being somebody special sitting in the hot-seat would partly insulate the club from appointing a dud. Would certainly be somewhat novel and bold too, even if other clubs are also inevitably moving towards such a position.

Still think it's the wrong move when there's someone like Allegri available, but transitioning the club away from the Ferguson / Wenger models of success would certainly leave us less subject to the twists and turns of managerial fortune. The actual manager becomes less important than the (hopefully competent) structures surrounding them. That doesn't just go for Arteta, but also whichever coach we later get to replace him and so-on.

Fits in with both what Gazidis was saying about taking a bold path, and the backroom appointments we've been making 0ver the last year.

That's probably the only reasoning that would convince me that we're making a semi-competent move. Certainly can't compare Arteta's CV to any of the other candidates and I'm not convinced at all by the argument that he would be cheaper. Even if he'd command slightly lower wages, the amount saved would be a drop in the ocean compared to the financial benefits a successful appointment would bring.

Yeah think you are spot on , a few things though less twists and turns for sure but also less upside . In this said structure ,there's more importance on the three guys above the coach . Honestly what do we know about them ? I don't even have a clue what Ivan does . Sven is a talented scout but he's in a completely different position now . Who reviews them ?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

**** like this really pisses me off. We stood by Ramsey through thick and thin, and he potentially might shaft us by running down his contract. Why can't he just sign an extension on improved terms and we sell him getting us the maximum fee possible? He owes us that much at least.
Sounds eerily similar to a **** who wrote a nice letter about the club.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah think you are spot on , a few things though less twists and turns for sure but also less upside . In this said structure ,there's more importance on the three guys above the coach . Honestly what do we know about them ? I don't even have a clue what Ivan does . Sven is a talented scout but he's in a completely different position now . Who reviews them ?

Cheers. And yeah I agree we don’t know very much about them (and particularly Raul) at all yet. Reckon we’ll get some more clarification when the new manager slots into place.

Stannis

Personally hope he's right :lol:

so do I, have a gif waiting for it. The only reason I have some hope is that there is a face and a name behind the twitter handle. It isn't like most ITK trolls who make a new account and then delete it. Also the massive staff changes at the Emirates leaves me wondering.
If he is wrong though the **** he will receive in the Emirates will something else

(note for those that need it spelled out, don't give the kid too much grief if Arteta happens)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

so do I, have a gif waiting for it. The only reason I have some hope is that there is a face and a name behind the twitter handle. It isn't like most ITK trolls who make a new account and then delete it.
If he is wrong the **** he will receive in the Emirates will something else

(note for those that need it spelled out, don't give the kid too much grief if Arteta happens)

Yes that is a really good point . He obviously believes what he says .

Longy

From Arteta's point of view.....

It would be absolute crazy for him to jump in and manage a club like Arsenal this early on. Even worse given who the previous manager was and the position we are in atm.

There is just way too much risk involved that could shoot his reputation down before its actually started.

From Arsenals point of view......

There is still a divided fanbase, it is still toxic toward the club. The last few weeks have just papered over the cracks,. Hiring an inexperienced manager will set it off all again especially when we don't have any goodies in the bag to hand out.

It has to be a biggish name.

Getting Arteta in just makes no sense from any angle.
I can see him coming in as a coach with the prospect of managing down the track.
Just not now.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

The Captain is going down with his ship

K_ApY7.gif

Always love reading the logic of these teenage Twitter virgins. We announced Wenger's departure early to appease Allegri - a man that we apparently haven't even had formal talks with - and in order to aid Juventus' search for a manager. Um, okay then.

"Hello Arsène. You're fired. We wanted to do it now so that Allegri, a man that we have not had any contact with so far, is aware as early as possible. Thanks for your service."

Hilarity, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom