• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
He knows how. The issue here is high-profile players will not listen to a no-name manager like him.

Could egos like Auba, Laca, Özil, Ramsey listen to Arteta? Not a chance and Arsenal can not sell all experienced ones.

In the middle of the season, he will be fired. It is better if Arteta manages a young team.

So many unfounded certainties. No wonder people on here seem so depressed. Life must be a disappointing experience.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You dont know anything about that and therefore shouldnt make that kind of claims. I think you are creating a toxic enviroment around Arteta and that tell us all we need to know about you. You are a troublemaker.

You’re so easily triggered. Bored of reading you throw around labels jumping on every post you disagree with.

field442

Trusted ⭐
I feel like some of the Arteta stuff is a bit OTT. No doubt some of the dressing room might be skeptical about the appointment just like the fans but talking about their “egos” and being willing to listen is a bit silly. Aubameyang and Lacazette weren’t exactly playing for world class managers before playing under Wenger. Mustafi played for Gary Neville for **** sake.

avalonhse

You dont know anything about that and therefore shouldnt make that kind of claims. I think you are creating a toxic enviroment around Arteta and that tell us all we need to know about you. You are a troublemaker.

I am saying my opinion while still respecting other ideas, unlike you. I feel pessimistic about Arteta, but nothing wrong with that.

Did I say something terrible about Arteta as a human being? All I want to say is he is not a fit at the moment.

Your attitude tell us all we need to know about you.

say yes

forum master baiter
If the board do appoint Arteta, it’s a rather damning indictment of how they thought Wenger was doing isn’t it?

It’s one thing to be sacked because Allegri or Ancelotti is available. It’s quite another when your job is going to be given to somebody who’s literally never managed a game of football before.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
You’re so easily triggered. Bored of reading you throw around labels jumping on every post you disagree with.

Should i jump on every post i agree with instead? Come on, i am entitled to be critical when this fool is pretending to see the future just to give him the chance to smear Arteta. Do you think this guy can see the future?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
If Arsène and Pep are rating him that highly there must be something special about Arteta lets be fair? Wenger and Pep are one of the greatest managers ever he most do something right, now Allegri stays at Juventus we should give Arteta full backing cannot see anybody else coming in.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I am saying my opinion while still respecting other ideas, unlike you. I feel pessimistic about Arteta, but nothing wrong with that.

Did I say something terrible about Arteta as a human being? All I want to say is he is not a fit at the moment.

Your attitude tell us all we need to know about you.

You described something that you know will happen despite the fact that it is impossible for you to know anything about it. That had nothing to do with opinions.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Should i jump on every post i agree with instead? Come on, i am entitled to be critical when this fool is pretending to see the future just to give him the chance to smear Arteta. Do you think this guy can see the future?

He has reservations about appointing a novice. Ramsey has already said it is too soon for Arteta so it’s not a giant leap to expect him to not be keen on taking instruction from Arteta. I personally don’t agree with it but I can see the thinking behind it.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He has reservations about appointing a novice. Ramsey has already said it is too soon for Arteta so it’s not a giant leap to expect him to not be keen on taking instruction from Arteta. I personally don’t agree with it but I can see the thinking behind it.

He made a categorical claim.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

From Arteta's point of view.....

It would be absolute crazy for him to jump in and manage a club like Arsenal this early on. Even worse given who the previous manager was and the position we are in atm.

There is just way too much risk involved that could shoot his reputation down before its actually started.

From Arsenals point of view......

There is still a divided fanbase, it is still toxic toward the club. The last few weeks have just papered over the cracks,. Hiring an inexperienced manager will set it off all again especially when we don't have any goodies in the bag to hand out.

It has to be a biggish name.

Getting Arteta in just makes no sense from any angle.
I can see him coming in as a coach with the prospect of managing down the track.
Just not now.

He might never get this chance again. He’ll paid a lot compared to a coaching salary and he knows if he failed at a smaller club he’d never get the shot to manage here. He’d be mad not to take it.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Arteta confirms we have no ambition and don’t want to spend to compete.

That’s my only issue, pretty big one like.

I don’t really see it that way. If they appoint him it’s because they’re trying to be clever more than anything. They could’ve just as easily appointed someone like Jardim or Favre if they wanted to have someone work on a budget. The budget will be the same whether they appoint Allegri or Arteta.

GoonerBoy19

There is a gap between Arsenal fan's ambition and our boards ambition. 2-3 more season like this they will find difficult to fill that stadium.

gunner_pz

He knows how. The issue here is high-profile players will not listen to a no-name manager like him.

Could egos like Auba, Laca, Özil, Ramsey listen to Arteta? Not a chance and Arsenal can not sell all experienced ones.

Agree. Even with a board that is eager to decentralize power, the role of a manager/coach remains more complicated than simply caring for tactical and coaching aspects. You have man management, nurturing team atmosphere, dealing with the sharks in the press, etc. The moment results don't match expectations, fingers will be pointed at Arteta. Gazidis, Mislintat, Sanllehi and the others will be away from the public eye, it would be Arteta on his own. Can he cope with that pressure? I personally doubt it, since it is something that is challenging for experienced managers - i.e. Mourinho at United.

While the board did some textbook stuff by hiring reputable football people, I have the feeling that Arsène's departure was a PR decision and Gazidis' ego is leading the show at the moment, hoping that Arteta will nail it just because the football world acknowledges his football brain.

Yet a football brain is one thing, leading is another. It's hardly a coincidence that Klopp was always the manager and Buvac always assisted.

I'm confused why Anchelotti is rarely mentioned. The idea that he is old and away from the modern football trends is absurd. This is a guy who is highly adaptable and able to achieve success in different environments and by playing different style of football.

I expect managerial changes in the next 2-3 years, yet I hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom