• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will support Arteta, because we are completely moving in a different direction from now on. I would worry if Arteta is a direct replacement for Arsène Wenger, but now our club structure has changed and Arteta's sole job is to focus on day-2-day training and in game tactics. All Arteta has to do is to fix the defense and bring down the goals conceded number to Mid 30s and you are looking at the top 4 contender. I am excited to see what this appointment could do for our club.

Stannis

I will support Arteta, because we are completely moving in a different direction from now on. I would worry if Arteta is a direct replacement of Arséne Wenger, but now our club structure has changed and Arteta's sole job is to focus on day-2-day training and in game tactics. All Arteta has to do is to fix the defense and bring down the goals conceded number to Mid 30s and you are looking at the top 4 contender. I am excited to see what this appointment could for our club.

Never knew Dravid supported Arsenal

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I want the manager to comes to Arsenal to be a step up...not a step down or lateral move.
It's too risky to hire so called big names as will will only complain when we don't release the funds for stupid signings.
A great coach can get this team to win the League...or atleast realistically challenge until May.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Everyone here is way too negative. Pep & Wenger vouched for him.

Two of the very best. He learned how to fail under Wenger. He learned how to win under Pep. Now he'll combine them together and learn how to succeed in the race for top 4. BELIEVE.

Just like how Ferguson vouched for Moyes? Arteta can't be Wenger, nor can he be Pep. He needs to be Arteta and teach our players how to win with the Arteta way. He's not going to have a very successful manager if he doesn't understand this.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Like any player or member of this club that gets a wonderful chance to work for Arsenal Im willing to give Mikel a chance. Experience plays a big part in becoming a succesfull manager but its not a crucial one. You either got it or You dont. Mikel is a great personality and everyone that played or worked with him seem to love him.

Our problem was never about quality of our players, it was a tactical and psychological approach that was totally wrong, and in my opinion this is why for me Allegri would be a much better choice but Arteta could do this straight away as well.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
How many new staff would come in to the club under a new manager? Will be quite exciting mixing up the coaching staff a bit

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
How many new staff would come in to the club under a new manager? Will be quite exciting mixing up the coaching staff a bit

I imagine Arteta would bring/want one or two people. Usually they bring their own fitness people and stuff like that but Arteta would probably bring a couple of assistants. If it is Arteta I don’t see the need for keeping Bould. The only reason he should stay connected to the first team would be to help familiarise a foreign coach with the team. If it’s Arteta Bould should go back to a youth team or leave.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Coming round to this remarkably quickly.

Underrated player, great captain, lovely quotes. Transformed Man City last season. Something fresh. What’s not to get excited about?
Please don’t do this.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

MajorCluelessHoopoe.gif

They’ve all managed though!

avalonhse

Everyone here is way too negative. Pep & Wenger vouched for him.

Two of the very best. He learned how to fail under Wenger. He learned how to win under Pep. Now he'll combine them together and learn how to succeed in the race for top 4. BELIEVE.

He knows how. The issue here is high-profile players will not listen to a no-name manager like him.

Could egos like Auba, Laca, Özil, Ramsey listen to Arteta? Not a chance and Arsenal can not sell all experienced ones.

In the middle of the season, he will be fired. It is better if Arteta manages a young team.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Could egos like Auba, Laca, Özil, Ramsey listen to Arteta? Not a chance and Arsenal can not sell all experienced ones.

You dont know anything about that and therefore shouldnt make that kind of claims. I think you are creating a toxic enviroment around Arteta and that tell us all we need to know about you. You are a troublemaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom