• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Jack is unprofessional and lacks dedication.
Beats me how he has been kept as long as he has, even Bournemouth didn't want him.
The time for him to part ways with Arsenal is long overdue.

What are you on about? You have no idea about his dedication. He had offers tock but chose to stay and win his place back at Arsenal.

It is time to part ways but don’t rewrite history or make stuff up about how dedicated he is

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All this England stuff has me rooting for Jack again.

Southgate is a scumcunt who fell into the role, who brings 3 RB’s to an international tournament?! Also just realised there’s not a single midfielder in there who can pass the ball....a midfield that can’t pass.

Oh Southgate you stupid *****. :lol:

What are you on about? You have no idea about his dedication. He had offers tock but chose to stay and win his place back at Arsenal.

It is time to part ways but don’t rewrite history or make stuff up about how dedicated he is
Shall we start with the smoking? This is all well documented, as are his altercations outside pubs and clubs in the early hours.
As a fan who was privileged to witness many a world class performance from the likes of players such as Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira, it is no coincidence that players of this class made huge compromises to ensure they reached and maintained peak fitness, for the sake of the team. No cheeky glass of wine on Xmas day, no salt on their dinner, no sugar added to their desserts.
No need to rewrite history here, it is all well documented. Read it and then compare and contrast!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Shall we start with the smoking? This is all well documented, as are his altercations outside pubs and clubs in the early hours.
As a fan who was privileged to witness many a world class performance from the likes of players such as Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira, it is no coincidence that players of this class made huge compromises to ensure they reached and maintained peak fitness, for the sake of the team. No cheeky glass of wine on Xmas day, no salt on their dinner, no sugar added to their desserts.
No need to rewrite history here, it is all well documented. Read it and then compare and contrast!
Some of the best players smoke/smoked on occasions.

With Jack you have to take into account injuries. He has had a ****load of downtime over the years. Always comes back in good shape, size & performance level. You can see the rehabilitation hours put in on lower body.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
“No salt on their dinner”

1JMb.gif

IslingtonBornandbred

That's over the top. I'm one for professionalism, getting to bed early before training but no salt on their dinner? You know the amount athletes sweat, sea salt on meals is vital, as is eating a nice sugary Banoffee pie for energy that yes, even the likes of Bergkamp and Vieria used to eat once a week the day before a game. Red wine/alcohol is a culture thing as well, there's nothing wrong with having a glass of red wine with a meal occasionally, the Spanish and Italian players are well known for it. The difference is that they have a glass or two with their meal and that's it, whereas a typical stereotypical British player will go out and get smashed to the extent they are hanging around outside of nightclubs and getting into fist fights with their mates..

I agree that Wilshere has been a little silly in the past with some of the situations he's found himself in but I just wanted to correct the salt, sugar, wine thing.

That's over the top. I'm one for professionalism, getting to bed early before training but no salt on their dinner? You know the amount athletes sweat, sea salt on meals is vital, as is eating a nice sugary Banoffee pie for energy that yes, even the likes of Bergkamp and Vieria used to eat once a week the day before a game. Red wine/alcohol is a culture thing as well, there's nothing wrong with having a glass of red wine with a meal occasionally, the Spanish and Italian players are well known for it. The difference is that they have a glass or two with their meal and that's it, whereas a typical stereotypical British player will go out and get smashed to the extent they are hanging around outside of nightclubs and getting into fist fights with their mates..

I agree that Wilshere has been a little silly in the past with some of the situations he's found himself in but I just wanted to correct the salt, sugar, wine thing.
My poor wording here, sorry for being unclear. I do of course realise that an amount of sodium, sugars etc are needed in the diet.
One thing that Wenger brought with him to Arsenal when he came 22 years ago was a scientific approach to nutrition.
The top Arsenal pros like Dennis Bergkamp had their training regimes and and diets carefully prepared for them by the sports scientists and nutritionists that Wenger employed. Pros like Dennis followed their own individually prepared diets to the letter. Not an ounce of carbohydrate more, not an ounce less. (If Dennis had the occasional glass of wine - and I do not know whether he did or not, it would no doubt only have been with the knowledge, advice and approval of the nutritionist looking after him).

ksarp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom