• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Cardiff vs Arsenal | September 2nd | KO: 1:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Don’t understand the Cech hate. He’s a shot stopper not a footballer. And a very good one.

Emery either needs to adapt his role of playing out from the back without Cech, or rush his work on Leno to bring him in earlier.

I see a silver lining in the fact that even if Cech asked to be something he is not, he still tries game after game to do the task he's given. It proves the players are committed to the process. I'm not completely convinced we're going in the right direction but the most important thing is, the players believe it. So we have a good chance to get better but I completely agree in Cech. Emery should not try to force players in roles where their weaknesses are exposed

Gursha

As soon as we were able to get Özil involved and he started to pull the strings we were a different team offensively, some lovely combination play too..

Cause before that we let the rythem killer be at number 10.
he always tries the most spectacular pass or move, and he fails way more than a good player would. Özil at least can pull of those attempts.

he runs a lot, thats why ppl excuse him. but his decision making is awful and slow.

He needs to be in CM, and get subbed if he pushes forward like he normally does, no matter how good an engine hes got, once he is in the opponent box and they lob it, we are a man down.

If he returns to his humble self from a few years back he can be an immense player, and responsible, now it seems like all he wants is to pull off some amazing moves, nothing else is important to him, playing so arrogantly

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
lets not be too critical. its been years and years of seeing referees help our opposition come back into the game. lets use all this protest energy to get the PL to adopt VAR.

Torreira is worthy of the shirt. Good find.

Eirico

Good to get an away win, but yet another weak defensive performance. Monreal involved in both conceding goals with poor marking, but many players share the fault for the goals. A offensivly **** Cardiff always looked like a threat in and around our box.
Great finishing for all three goals and really happy both our strikers got a goal each. Laca had a good game overall. But how can Emery justify benching our best midfielder by far in torreira? Can’t really understand it. Both Xhaka and Guendouzi are suspect at best defensivly, they can’t press, they cant position themself and they can’t win the ball. On top of that Xhaka has at least 2-3 wtf moments in each game where he loses the ball in our own half, and that costed us today with Cardiff’s first goal. We need Torreira to play 90 minutes every game to have some sort of balance in midfield.

LG10

I see absolutely no difference from last year. Unacceptable to be benching Torreira for Xhaka or Guendouzi, shocking from emery. Leno must be very bad if he can't get a look in over cech.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
They are all so ****ing awful. Not a single ref in this league I consider as actually good.

Michael Oliver has his moments, but every other referee is terrible. Anthony Taylor was abysmal today- it’s clear to see he enjoys watching us struggle.

Too many of our games officiated by him have been like this, the opposition are always in with a chance even when we’re dominating. He never shys away from a cheap booking or soft free kick- which lead to Cardiff’s second goal.

Can’t stand him. Wenger had it right he’s a very dishonest man.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Helmet dropped an absolute 0/10 today. Blimey

Emery man I like you but this has got to stop. Either you stop playing out from the back with Cech or give Leno a shot. It looks embarrassing. Could have done 1-0 down within minutes.

Nah he’s fine when it comes to actual goalkeeping. I don’t know why everyone in football is suddenly obsessed with playing out from the back but I’d rather a keeper who’s solid in the air and a good shot stopper.

Yes there have been a few memes from how bad he’s been at playing out from the back but when it comes to the key aspects he’s fine.

boyinneedofhumor

There's a couple of ways a team can play.
a. Score one and keep a clean sheet
b. Score one more than the other.
This season is certainly going to be interesting.

Can also see why Torreira is slowly eased into the pace of the game atm. Rushing him to become a starter now might dampen the hopes of some.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I see absolutely no difference from last year. Unacceptable to be benching Torreira for Xhaka or Guendouzi, shocking from emery. Leno must be very bad if he can't get a look in over cech.

Last year we didn't win an away game until late October so at least there's that.

blaze_of_glory

Michael Oliver has his moments, but every other referee is terrible. Anthony Taylor was abysmal today- it’s clear to see he enjoys watching us struggle.

Too many of our games officiated by him have been like this, the opposition are always in with a chance even when we’re dominating. He never shys away from a cheap booking or soft free kick- which lead to Cardiff’s second goal.

Can’t stand him. Wenger had it right he’s a very dishonest man.
Even Oliver though. He made his rep as being good early on when he first started reffing this level, probably due to being young and "brave." In recent years he's been as bad as any other imo. Was genuinely **** last time we had him.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Leno will start the next game imo Lucas needs to start also. These 2 wins gives emery more breathing space to reviews during the int'l break

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We've scored eight, conceded eight, won two and lost two. I think that sums up where we're at at the moment: in flux. We've got to the international break and we've collected points from the games we should have, so those are positives.

Going on from this though the team has to settle down and take shape, cos the fixture schedule will get brutal closer to Christmas and this current team will fall apart under the pressure. It needs to get its sh*t together.

Good start to the season all things considered, but so much work to do.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Cause before that we let the rythem killer be at number 10.
he always tries the most spectacular pass or move, and he fails way more than a good player would. Özil at least can pull of those attempts.

he runs a lot, thats why ppl excuse him. but his decision making is awful and slow.

He needs to be in CM, and get subbed if he pushes forward like he normally does, no matter how good an engine hes got, once he is in the opponent box and they lob it, we are a man down.

If he returns to his humble self from a few years back he can be an immense player, and responsible, now it seems like all he wants is to pull off some amazing moves, nothing else is important to him, playing so arrogantly
Idk why it’s so difficult for some to understand this. There’s 3 players in our team that’s better than him in that position (özil,mkhi and iwobi). He should be played on the wing where he can run on the end of things as much as he likes or play as a cm if he refrains from staying up our strikers arse. Preferably dropped imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom