• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Liverpool didn`t need any help from Oliver to win but that was a disgraceful performance from him. First pen was very soft and the second was laughable.Gave them every 50/50 decision as well.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

ride-38-ein-rt-footyhumour-robbie-from-arsenal-fan-tv-15757305.png

AFTV is going to be messy.

HBL

Established Member
Leno - 5
Lich - 4
Mustafi - 4
Sokratis - 3
Kola - 5
Torreira - 5
Xhaka - 6
AMN - 6
Ramsey - 3
Iwobi - 7
Auba - 4

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Reactions: A_G

Alkane

We've got a huge sponsorship deal with Addidas kicking in shortly, we need to spend that additional income in advance and really invest in the squad.

I also don't understand why we have any cash reserves at all, every spare dollar we have in the bank is wasted. It should be reinvested in the first team and a revolving line of credit used to cover any shortfalls in Opex.
As someone who studies Finance it particularly triggers me we kept that money just sitting doing nothing. Even if we aren't big enough to retain our best players against interest of elite clubs, we could've made a significant amount of profit. Coutinho/ Suarez transfers brought in what about £200m for Liverpool to spend?

One that stands out in my memory was the Hazard situation where we refused to pay that little bit extra and settled for Gervinho instead. From £35m investment could've had a top player for a number of years then fetched £100m for him. The farce with Suarez which again could've had a top player and still sold him on for a profit few years down the line.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

At the time we had Wenger who was a massive draw and our style of play was also still fresh in many minds despite recent events. A new younger manager without Wenger's pulling power, little money and no stand out trait isn't going to cut it especially without CL football. Auba also wanted out. Any player in his position mow has at least five PL clubs better than ours to chose from.

This is why I wanted to get Allegri - to overcome that hurdle. That being said, we are still by far the biggest club in London, which is one of the top cities in the world, with a huge global fan base.

We still are a very attractive proposition. If the numbers are right we can still attract top quality.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

As someone who studies Finance it particularly triggers me we kept that money just sitting doing nothing. Even if we aren't big enough to retain our best players against interest of elite clubs, we could've made a significant amount of profit. Coutinho/ Suarez transfers brought in what about £200m for Liverpool to spend?

To put it bleakly, Arsenal would make a good corporate malfeasance case study the way its finances have been managed since 2013/14.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Back to the drawing board. We only have Pap and Rob who can defend the rest are garbage. We have a serious problem defending, the ranch man needs to put his hand in his pocket.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Nonsense. VVD was at Celtic for 2 years and Southampton for 3 years before Liverpool took the chance on him.
Emery has to find the right player and Kroenke needs to give him the money.

VVD class was already known for a long time and that's why clubs like City, Chelsea and Liverpool were interested.

I highly doubt, that he would have joined Liverpool without CL.

Manberg

Predator
Holding was only getting into good form before he got injured. To single him out to be some sort of saving grace would be wrong if you ask me. We need proven top quality defenders. It doesn't stop there because our attack is far from perfect too and that ought to start with proper wingers.

LG10

Liverpool played in 2nd gear the whole match and still embarrassed us. Our cbs aren’t even mid table quality.

Gooner_girl14

Except Özil has injuries issues.

I don't get the narrative about how Emery is freezing Özil out when he's started more game than Mkhi Iwobi & Ramsey.

How many games Özil hasn't played when he was available?

I've wanted to believe that Özil missing games has been purely down to injuries too, but I think it's clear that there's something more going on. It looks like essentially he's fallen out of favour with the coach. i mean, why would you leave him out of any game or sub him for "tactical" reasons???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom