• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Where in my post did I say he would do that? I said he is the profile we should be looking for. i.e a central midfielder with pace who can tackle, dribble , shoot and pass. Not a midfielder who can only pass, or only make runs forward, but can never get back.

You also have no idea what Nkunku would do in our team also.

You also adamantly think that AMN should be a CM for us, whereas I cannot for the life of me see a CM in him. I suspect that Nkunku is a good theory that won't be so good in practice, although of course I stand to be corrected. He looks like a lightweight.

ptrcopp

What I don’t understand with many of our games this season is the changes that happen every match.
We beat Chelsea with a certain set up with certain players, yet we come into this game with different players in a different system.

It makes no sense.

Marmaduke

What the hell was Özil supposed to do in the last 30 min when the whole team was playing absolute rubbish with a totally ad-hoc CB pairing?

Regardless of your views on the whole Özil thing how on earth does it make sense to shoehorn this into discussion?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah fair. Though I will admit I miss how we (at least tried) to play under Wenger. If Unai can be successful with his approach then good, but it's not as inspiring for me so far.

Pragmatism is for real life. This is football.
:lol: Its funny, coz I always had you down as someone who appreciated that approach in football.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Of course he’s done some stupid stuff, I’ve criticised him for his decision making for the entire month from Southampton to West Ham. People are rewriting history though and making it seem like he did nothing good in the months before that.

I wasn't posting prior to the Christmas holidays so I've not had the chance to applaud some of the good work he's done, given we've mainly been **** for almost 2 months now.

However looking at the bigger picture he obviously needs more time. But looking at the results and performances atm it's hard to find anything worth praising.

Reactions: A_G

Marmaduke

We beat Chelsea with a certain set up with certain players, yet we come into this game with different players in a different system.
We were playing positively before Sokratis (who has been immense recently) had to go off. Football has a healthy dose of luck and at the moment everything is going well for United while we are stumbling over ourselves.

blaze_of_glory

What I don’t understand with many of our games this season is the changes that happen every match.

It makes no sense.
This is my biggest criticism of Emery as well. The line up today on paper was fine, but why change from what was easily our best perfomance in almost two months? The players need to be able to get into some sort of rhythm.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Would like to see a different approach in the PL game against them. This was a carbon copy of last season's game at the Emirates.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is exactly why we're looking at Suarez and Nkunku.
But are they gonna play centrally? Chances are, Emery wants to play them as wide players. Which IMO won't really add much more dimension than what we already have as neither of them offer that extra level of dynamism and incision we need - they are slightly better dribblers I guess. Not much final product either. If we were gonna play one of them central then I'd be all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom