• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This match doesn't really matter, not in the cold light of day, it's just the problem is that it's not the cold light of day it's a Friday night against Utd at home and we really wanted to win that. That's the issue.

Objectively speaking though the loss really isn't the end of the world. The injuries to Sokratis and Kos however, hm yeah, that's not so good. The fact we can't seem to build a run of wins at the moment, also not so good.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What I don’t understand with many of our games this season is the changes that happen every match.
We beat Chelsea with a certain set up with certain players, yet we come into this game with different players in a different system.

It makes no sense.

We literally made one change that wasn't enforced. You can't approach every game with the same tactical setup. I thought things were going pretty well for us before Sokratis got injured tbh. Emery clearly wanted us to play with two wide men in a 4-2-3-1 as he felt the full-back area was a weakness for United.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I loved wenger

But my God i will defend Emery cuz hes one of us.. And deserves a chance

Wenger wasn't one of you, or was he? All the hate he got only for the last two seasons I watched arsenal, I felt bad for him in all honesty.

Emery should know that he is at Arsenal to replace a big man, if he doesn't know that till now. And no, I dont care whether he plays Özil or not.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yup, now the squad is **** and nobody could be expected to have any success with them.
I think they can be expected to have success but that doesn't take away from issues that needed addressing long term. Defence and midfield. Torreira And Xhaka is a very good partnership. Sokratis is the player we've long since needed. Even when he got injured he practically ripped off Lingards t shirt. Someone dirty and clever. But after that you've still the general weakness. Who partners him? Who plays out wide? Have we to many similar players? Long term left back. The basis of a good team was left by Wenger. It needs tinkered with and that's what we are slowly doing.

It also doesn't take away from the fact that the team which finished second last season is sixth and a near dominate City has been replaced by Liverpool at the top. The environment is as competitive as it ever has been. And that's not looking at Everton, Wolves and West Ham who are throwing around some financial muscle.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I would agree, maybe our players are tired? We cover lots of ground but today completely ran out of steam midway. United hit on the pedal at the right moment.
3rd goal killed us. Gave up after that. Psychologically you need to keep up as well, not just physically.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to sell mustafi as well the guy just isn't good not leader can't organise his defense. Just sell get 20M and buy some good center backs

Marmaduke

Wenger wasn't one of you, or was he? All the hate he got only for the last two seasons I watched arsenal, I felt bad for him in all honesty.
The last 2 years were embarrassing. You could think Wenger was past his prime and had to go but a part of the fanbase was just hysterically shameful.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Jury's agenda Özil is embarrassing. First game for ages, what did you expect? He also played some nice passes and wasn't even that bad. Everyone else was piss. Hardly his fault.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Yup, now the squad is **** and nobody could be expected to have any success with them.

Baffling isn't it? I don't want to imagine what on here would be like if Wenger was still here, lost 5-1 to Liverpool and got knocked out of both cups by Sp**s and United, at home.

This team is even better than the one Wenger left thanks to our summer additions but its somehow deemed to be terrible.

It wasn't terrible for all the years Wenger was manager. Its also amazing how almost no one has acknowledged that they were wrong about Wenger being some sort of penny-pinching scrooge who refused to spend any money now that Emery has come out and said the club can only do loan deals.

Its crystal clear now that our frugalness was a board level policy and not one carried out by Wenger to ya know, spite his own chances of being successful.

That was proven when he had prime Cazorla, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal, Cazorla, Özil and Alexis yet lost the league to Leicester

He also had prime Giroud go on a 15 game scoring drought that season. That statement wasn't meant as a defence of Wenger or an attack on Emery btw. Just pointing out that our lot isn't half as good as some fans thought. It wasn't Wenger holding them back

In 1997 the outlook was very different. There was no mega money the CL hadn't the appeal it currently has or the money. Our team didnt require surgery either at a huge outlay. 15m was also the record transfer fee which today wouldnt be enough to buy Dennis Suarez. Completely different environments. But sure feel free to compare.

I'm not comparing their starts, you misunderstand me. I was pointing out the fact that Wenger got all the time in the world post 2005 to rebuild the squad multiple times because he had won 3 league titles.

What has Emery done for us to deserve the benefit of getting years to build a team?

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's clear the team will have to be rebuilt to Emery's specs, but our defensive injury problem is more than dire. For most part, the team is playing hard, no quit. Just need to fix our defensive system. We definitely need some more pace in the team.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Wenger had the right idea in offering him to West Brom. Can't understand why Tony Pulis didn't want him ;)

Has Wenger ever tried to get rid of a first team player so quickly? Even Andre Santos got two seasons before Wenger threw him on the scrap heap

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I'm not comparing their starts, you misunderstand me. I was pointing out the fact that Wenger got all the time in the world post 2005 to rebuild the squad multiple times because he had won 3 league titles.

What has Emery done for us to deserve the benefit of getting years to build a team?

Are you serious? You're saying Wenger got given time because of his body of work over 8 years and you're asking what has Emery done for us in 6 months to be granted the same privilege?

Marmaduke

He also played some nice passes and wasn't even that bad. Everyone else was piss.
Actually played 2 passes in that short period that reminded me that nobody else in either team could. Forget the whole workrate debate, the guy's passing will always be WC.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Honestly more gutted about the injuries than the result, hell even if we won I'd feel the same. Can't stress enough how important CL is and it's been made 10x more difficult with these sh*t draws.

As I said before, they'll have the same fate as Sp**s in the cup.

I can't get my head around the injuries though. Top 4 is their for the taking but it's getting harder week by week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom