• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wembley Hotspur v Arsenal | March 2, 2019 12:30 GMT | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Poch talking about a decision Sp**s didn't get on the 12th minute. Fine. No mention of Sanchez's sly stamp.
Robbie Savage is laying into the linesman and Peter Walton for not being in line from a dead ball situation. No excuse. Nobody thought Xhaka should have got a red but the pundits are saying Rose was lucky to be on the pitch after his challenge on Leno. Lots of love for us in the studio. Too late to get all the points though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Robbie Savage ranting on BT Sport about how poor the officials were in the Arsenal match. ‘How can the linesman not be in line with a set piece like that. Four Sp**s players offside and he didn’t see one of them’. :lol:

Also asking why Danny Rose wasn’t sent off, if Torreira was . . studs high on Leno’s chest.

ptrcopp

I hope so. Gooners need to be online talking about nothing but refs decisions. Make it hard for the ref next week to screw us over.

I have a feeling that would make it easy for the ref to do us over.

Whenever it’s happened before we get ****ed over more.

I wonder if Emery’s “I know it’s very difficult and they need help” may assist us more

ptrcopp

Robbie Savage ranting on BT Sport about how poor the officials were in the Arsenal match. ‘How can the linesman not be in line with set piece like that. Four Sp**s players offside and he didn’t see one of them’. :lol:

Also asking why Danny Rose wasn’t sent off, if Torreira was . . studs high on Leno’s chest.

It annoys me this and the fact Vert on the penalty weren’t covered by the media after
Edit: specifically with the old ref after

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

A "knee jerk" reaction after the match:

Torreira red card:
Frankly, to me it doesnt matter. We've been inviting them to equalise throughout rather than ENSURING we scoring a 2nd.
I'm kinda embarrassed that it's a small sized guy like Torreira who goes in. I wonder if the other players will feel ashamed.

Mate, wtf are you talking about?

If we tried to push forward and go for the second with the quality of our players you know what would've happened?

Sp*rs would've countered like a mofo and hit us for two or three ala our Carabao cup tie at home earlier in the season.

Game plan was solid, we still had more shots on target (Google stats) despite not dominating possession and for me we had the better chances.

Lacazette, Iwobi, even Özil at the end (Auba's poor pass) all very good opportunities and we looked lethal any time we broke Tottenham's press.

I do think that some players lacked mentality ie Auba with the penalty miss, but on the whole we looked like winners.

We had a game plan, we were rough and nasty and didn't stand down.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

BT asking the right questions. How can you not be in position and flat footed for a dead ball situation. Where your one job is look across the line. He better get relegated to the championship.

It so ridiculous you have to laugh. :lol:

It's unbelievable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
th

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It annoys me this and the fact Vert on the penalty weren’t covered by the media after
Edit: specifically with the old ref after
All true. But at the end of the day Auba had a chance to finish off that game despite the really poor refereeing. And he fluffed it.

I can never understand two things about penalties.

1) Why doesn’t the team have 3 or 4 penalty takers that practice all week placing the ball in exactly the same place so that it becomes muscle memory.

2) Having watched hundreds of penalties, it’s pretty clear that those aimed at the top half of the goal are rarely saved. The keepers nearly always dive low and try to guess the correct side. So even if it goes down the middle, the odds of scoring are still quite high. Aiming low you have to hit it just inside the post.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Tbh I knew the win was a goner as soon as we were comfortable dominating them in the second half. Can't say I'm still not disappointed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom