• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolves v Arsenal | April 24, 2019 | KO: 19:45 BST

Can we be slightly less crap than Chelsea and get 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Well, I believe it's the manager's job to sell the club a vision of the future and then work towards it. I don't think Emery has done that this year.

For all we heard about how Emery showed up for his interview and knew all of our players, including the youths, it's disgusting how little they've played this year.
Emery isn't here for the long-term

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I can’t back the manager starting OzilTaryan away from home in a crucial away game outside London. Big fail.

Don’t care what the injury situation is. I get that if they click it will be all puppy dogs & ice cream but that’s like a 1 in 10 chance. Featherweight players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I can’t back the manager starting OzilTaryan away from home in a crucial away game outside London. Big fail.

Don’t care what the injury situation is. I get that if they click it will be all puppy dogs & ice cream but that’s like a 1 in 10 chance. Paperweight players.

What were the other options missing PEA and Ramsey though?

Bench was bereft of options, you can’t properly chase a game when your only attacking choice is a teenager who’s yet to start a PL game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's amazing how funny this team is keeping clean against napoli and Watford then conceding 6 against Wolves and crystal Palace.

This team mentally weak when things don't get in our way we lose it and give up

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Don’t care what the injury situation is. I get that if they click it will be all puppy dogs & ice cream but that’s like a 1 in 10 chance. Paperweight players.
His lack of experience about the PL cost us the game against Palace and in turn the Top 4 spot. He better put all his Europa League knowledge to good use or he'd turn a very positive first season into a sh*t one within a matter of days.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
If willock was actually better than elneny, he would play him. He played maitland niles at rb when he saw lichsteiner couldnt cut it.

Eddie had a decent 10 min but often enough when these youth players are given an extended amount of game time they go missing. People wanted game time for nelson, he went on loan, what has he done there?

Look at the abuse iwobi gets even though hes had some amazing games. Hes not perfect, but he is one of the biggest talents out of our academy in recent years. Yet people tear him down and big up nelson who has proved absolutely nothing yet.
The thing with Emery is that he makes safe choices. He played AMN at right back because he's played there for the first team before he even arrived. Even then, he was initially reticent in actually giving him much game time.

Look at Guendouzi, he's played multiple games to our detriment when the likes of Ramsey and Torreira would've been better suited. That wasn't him choosing who was better.

At the end of the day the fact still remains, you won't know how good a player can be until they've gotten some time to play. Every youth player needs that chance. At the end of it, you find out if they are good enough or not. Emery has basically fücked our youth system with his need to play dross like Elneny and not actually give some of those players a chance.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Well you’re talking years of course, main variable would be how well the club recruits. Impossible to predict otherwise.

If you’d have said when Liverpool got beaten 6-1 by Stoke on the final day of the season that they’d be in a CL final 3 years later I’d have laughed.

Fair point.

Mind you, Liverpool's administrative heirarchy never settled for mediocrity the way ours have.

As the saying goes, a fish always rots from the head first.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I dont think he has. But whenever he plays he carries the burden of being the main attacking outlet, he is not ready for that yet.
I think he has, he has become the master of pointless bustle. Looks busy when he carries the ball but carries it nowhere most of the time and has no end product. He was much more incisive when he first appeared on the scene.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wish I had some. You just need to show some emotions like we do when we lose yet another away game to a lesser team instead of hanging on to squad cost.
We’re all different bro, some people lose it and others are more rational. :lol:

Compare to Klopp’s first season Emery is likely to finish three places higher. The guy’s done well in my book.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Are our fans turning on Emery again?

You'll nosh him off once we win a few games again.

Are there a more fickle set of fans than ours? :lol:

Is there a more fickle set of players than us?

How many times do we have to get embarrased?

They obviously have the skill and decent enough physical ability but the mental acumen of cowards

If your fancy stuff does not work you have to compensate with grits and we have several players who have none!

Frekkin travesty, here I go out, enjoy a good meal with friends and the premiere of Endgame only to turn on my phone to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom