• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Take it FWIW, but the resident ITK on Bluemoon said Arteta is a yes man who "doesn't tell it like it is". They seem perfectly fine with Domenec Torrent coming back to replace Arteta.
And what does he mean by “doesn’t tell it like it is”?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
you really are clueless aren’t you? Arsenal is not a dictatorship anymore after Wenger, but to say that the manager has “no say” on the transfers anymore is ridiculous.

Emery is the reason why Ramsey was forced out. Raul and co will not bring any player to the club if the manager makes it very clear that he doesn’t want the player.
You claim all this right after reports that Emery wanted Harry Maguire, Partey and Zaha but the board wouldn't get them... And I'm the clueless one?

Every time someone calls you out on something you conveniently shift the goal posts, blatantly go back on what you said, completely contradict yourself or outright deny you said it. AMs new Erlis right here..

Justin1986

What does a ‘yes man’ mean though? I mean coaches and assistants are not there to challenge the manager.
Lol exactly! It’s healthy
To disagree and have different opinions but if you argued and disagreed all the time then your clearly in the wrong job

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What does a ‘yes man’ mean though? I mean coaches and assistants are not there to challenge the manager.
Ole spoke about the other first team coaches: ''We respect each other so much and I really value his, Kieran [McKenna]’s and Michael [Carrick]’s opinions on team selection, on training. That’s what it’s about. It’s a team.

''We achieve so much more than if I have one way and they disagree with it. It’s been a very good month so far.''
Fergie used to switch up his coaching staff quite frequently too, clearly to get new ideas in rather than just have people agreeing with him all the time.
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/arteta.341661/page-15#post-12269383

the 'yes man' jibes came earlier in the thread

GDeep™

League is very weak
Same sentiments. More interested in the “doesn’t tell it like it is” part.
I think it’s nonsense. If Arteta was someone who spoke too much and put noses out of turn he’ll be labelled a problem.

All we know he was highly regarded at Arsenal and by City for them to take him. Apparently even impressed in his interview with us.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
They are a well run club. Possibly the best and that is why they are having the fun they are. Problem for them is that it doesn't matter how well you run the club the status and brand you build is difficult in the football world because there are so many plastic glory hunters.

If a club in the champions league comes calling then your last sentence falls to the wayside. Not every player at LCFC is going to 'pull a vardy' on us. Guaranteed if Chelsea, United, Sp**s, Liverpool coming calling for James Maddison he goes... Several others like that too.
Yes, they do replace well but look how long it took them to recover after they won the title. Doesn't matter if you can replace, the initial blow from having your best players taken off you is huge.

P.S. I was the one who started the thread about LCFC/wolves getting into the top 4 this season. Everyone laughed at the idea mid august... Boy what an idiot I was being...
why do you persist in banging on about other teams in this thread? there is a whole separate section for discussion about other teams, called Football Talk - this is the Arsenal Talk, and specifically about our next manager

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Fergie used to switch up his coaching staff quite frequently too, clearly to get new ideas in rather than just have people agreeing with him all the time.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/arteta.341661/page-15#post-12269383

the 'yes man' jibes came earlier in the thread
The vibe I get from that thread is Arteta doesn’t challenge Pep on his style and tactics. When it starts going bad in a match and clearly isn’t working, ala Liverpool, he doesn’t push Pep to change up but only gives him suggestions to continue playing the same way.

Domènec Torrent on the other hand would tell Pep how it is.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Tolmie’s Hairdoo is a terrible ITK. Lost count of the amount of players he said they’d sign.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yes, they have and they plummeted down the league as well. Not really consistent form from them. They simply do not have the stature as a club to rebuild fast enough for the extra Champions league football they will have. Saying that, another league win or even 2nd place finish will start to get them into a position (In terms of their brand)..

Also, look what it takes for LCFC to even be anywhere there. United, Sp**s and Arsenal are having horrible seasons and 2 of those clubs have sacked their managers... Same thing when they won the league. Everybody around them who usually was the obstacle fell away and they walked it. Not taking anything away from LCFC or from BR. I fancy them both. Just the reality of the situation.

We are plummeting down the league.

Leciester were in the champions league and while their league form dipped which was expected they got to the quarter final of the champions league where they lost to Atletico if I remember right.

Relative success for their first time.

It takes time to build a brand but they are going in the right direction. Also they have a family of owners who probably more than ever want to push the club on.

People say it takes years to rebuild and I believe that's true however if a small club like leciester can go from champions to mid table, to sell their players to mediocre back to challenging again it shows something is right at the club.

Us on the other hand. Miles off

GDeep™

League is very weak
The other thing to consider with Arteta is that he might not be our top target.? If the club can’t get Potch, Allegri etc then people like Ancelotti, Benitez, Vieira, Arteta, Martinez etc become considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom