• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Would feel more comfortable with Poch but more excited with Arteta.

Either way we’ll need to be patient.

FinnGooner

Established Member
People thinking Arteta is the new Pep because he has been his assistant should take a good look at the careers of former assistant coaches of other top managers.

Carlos Queiros, Pat Rice, Rui Faria, Steve Bould, Mike Phelan...I could continue this list for ages but even a dummer individual should get the point.

Even if Arteta is our long term choice, the club is in chaos right now so this definitely isn’t the ideal time or place to start his managerial career. We need to bring in somebody experienced for at least couple of seasons to get things on track and this will give Edu some more time as well to implement his plan.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People thinking Arteta is the new Pep because he has been his assistant should take a good look at the careers of former assistant coaches of other top managers.

Carlos Queiros, Pat Rice, Rui Faria, Steve Bould, Mike Phelan...I could continue this list for ages but even a dummer individual should get the point.

Even if Arteta is our long term choice, the club is in chaos right now so this definitely isn’t the ideal time or place to start his managerial career. We need to bring in somebody experienced for at least couple of seasons to get things on track and this will give Edu some more time as well to implement his plan.

How many of them number 2s wanted to be number ones? Has Steve Bould ever put his name in the hat for a job? Never heard him say anything of the sort.

Theres plenty of number 2s just want to stay as that. Even Bergkamp said he wouldn't like to be a number 1.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They both were head coaches of youth teams, Castilla and Barcelona B. This is different comparing to Arteta, who even doesn't have any experience being head coach in all the levels.

Theres plenty of areas and professions where there have been exceptional managers/directors who never had hands on management experience.

I can think of one i worked with who had never been more than a normal worker who when a promotion came up against experienced people he blew the decision makers away despite his lack of experience his ideas were much better.

He got the job executed his ideas and was promoted within 2 years. He later moved to a rival company for about 10k more a year for the same job.

This is one example but it can happen that someones lack of experience doesnt define if they would be good for the job.

And as things stand theres not much to lose.

al-Ustaadh

Tolmie’s Hairdoo is a terrible ITK. Lost count of the amount of players he said they’d sign.
Same guy has said this:

“Mikel wants the Arsenal job but wants guarantees from them first.

We won't be standing in his way, at least not after next Sunday has come and gone.

I suspect we will have a new coach before Christmas.”

FinnGooner

Established Member
How many of them number 2s wanted to be number ones? Has Steve Bould ever put his name in the hat for a job? Never heard him say anything of the sort.

Theres plenty of number 2s just want to stay as that. Even Bergkamp said he wouldn't like to be a number 1.

No way for me to know that and I suspect you don’t know it either. I’m going by what I do know and that is that there is a very poor statistical correlation of assistants of top managers replicating their former bosses’ success. Same goes for former players. Many of the top coaches today had insignificant player careers.

Anyhow, I’m not totally against Arteta but the other point of my previous post was that the current situation of the club is so far from ideal that I wouldn’t go for him at the moment.

Besides, for what it’s worth, I consider Pep overrated anyways. He has only ever managed superior teams in their respected leagues and at Barcelona he inherited one of the best player materials ever seen. Two PL titles at City in four years? Even Pellegrini and Mancini won titles with that financial backing.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
They both were head coaches of youth teams, Castilla and Barcelona B. This is different comparing to Arteta, who even doesn't have any experience being head coach in all the levels.

It's still different tbf.They know how club works and what are expetations,but in A team everything is new.

Justin1986

Same guy has said this:

“Mikel wants the Arsenal job but wants guarantees from them first.

We won't be standing in his way, at least not after next Sunday has come and gone.

I suspect we will have a new coach before Christmas.”
So we’re either waiting for Pochettinos answer or Arteta is close to agreeing but won’t come til after we’ve played city??

al-Ustaadh

This rational starts suggesting Bould should be our manager. And he even has experience managing one game in Wenger’s stead.

goonergaz

WARNING- Cliff ahead!!!

26rm9.jpg

clovis

You claim all this right after reports that Emery wanted Harry Maguire, Partey and Zaha but the board wouldn't get them... And I'm the clueless one?

Every time someone calls you out on something you conveniently shift the goal posts, blatantly go back on what you said, completely contradict yourself or outright deny you said it. AMs new Erlis right here..

Yeah just like how Klopp wants Mbappe and Sancho but the board won’t get them :rolleyes:

unless you are City or PSG, no club can get the manger all his targets.

What you are implying is that the manager HAS NO SAY in the transfers which is bollocks and you know it.

if you don’t, then you don’t really understand the meaning of the term “NO SAY”.

If that was true (which isn’t), then you cannot judge a single manager on his performance because he can always defend himself by insisting that the club bought players that he didn’t want.

if Emery was against the idea of signing Luiz, Torreira or Gervinho II they wouldn’t be at the club today. Similarly if he wanted Ramsey to stay he wouldn’t have been forced out of the club.

you are implying that before wenger was 100% in control of the transfers but now the head coach has 0% influence. That is rubbish mate. You couldn’t be further from the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom