• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He is about to be sacked by Napoli because they are mid-table.

Never understood why he was rated so highly. Two Champions Leagues and one title in 8 years is impressive on paper, but not so great when you look at the Milan squad he had at his disposal.

Lol. This post is absolutely awful. Your knowledge about Ancelotti must be very close to non-existent.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Wengers opinion was also that of not paying 7m to get Mbappe. His opinion is welcomed but not always right.

I know that. I was just puttin’ @yybecause in a though spot ’cause he may not think that. It’s a populistic tactic to get people on your side with emotional argumentation in stead of fact-based one. Very very popular in politics nowadays ;)

Underhill

I read that Ancelotti is very basic when it comes to training sessions. Some warmup and then 11v11. Is this true? I have a feeling we need a more involved coach to help our youngsters.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Getting the suspicion that Arteta is the smoke screen again. Please god don't be Marcelino.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Getting the suspicion that Arteta is the smoke screen again. Please god don't be Marcelino.

Another fraud from the Spanish competition, dont want the frauds from there. if he is our option we should have stayed with Emery. nothing less then Arteta is a big fail.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Might as well hire Sol Campbell if we truly DGAF

Is he the GOAT manager...NOBODY KNOWS
In fairness, Sol managed to save Macclesfield from certain relegation against the odds. In a relatively short managerial career, that must count for something I guess. I'm interested to see how his coaching career progresses.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He is about to be sacked by Napoli because they are mid-table.

Never understood why he was rated so highly. Two Champions Leagues and one title in 8 years is impressive on paper, but not so great when you look at the Milan squad he had at his disposal.

So you have to win with mediocre players in order to get credit?

Here's Carlo's resume:

3 Champions League titles
1 Serie A
1 Premier League
1 Ligue 1
1 Bundesliga
1 Copa Italia
1 FA Cup
1 Copa del Rey
2 DFL-Supercup
2 FIFA Club World Cup
2 Serie A Coach of the Year
2 Panchina d'Oro
2 IFFHS World's Best Coach
1 European Coach of the Year
1 World Soccer Magazine Manager of the Year

And the same organization that annually presents the Ballon d'Or just this year named Carlo as the 8th Greatest Manager in Football History.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-09-at-1-18-22-PM.png

Yet you never understood why he was rated so highly... :rolleyes:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Wouldn’t classify him as elite, jury is out for him at Juventus atm.

"Elite" wasn't really my terminology, but the comparison between Sarri and Marcelino (in that they both managed for a long time before being hired at bigger clubs) is more than valid. Arsenal's only actual chance at hiring an elite manager is if Ancelotti leaves Napoli. Few of the names being banded about (including Nagelsmann, who everyone seems to want) have actually proven themselves "elite." And if Juventus thinks Sarri is good enough to manage them despite his years of toiling at lesser clubs, I think it's rather silly for Marcelino to be dismissed out of hand for Arsenal because he's never managed Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom