• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People expecting Ceballos to come in and save the day are being very optimistic

Not been good for us really
Depends really what you want from him. If you want to keep the ball then you need someone like him he is comfortable on the ball, but if you want to play counter attacking football, he would probably be the last man we need. Whatever we play, he is still massive improvement over Douzi who can't offer anything these days

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The King...

...the moment when your new house, feels like your old home.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
It will be difficult because their danger will be on the wings and with Niles and Saka as our FBS....

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Much will depend on who is available, we need Martinelli & Ceballos for this one. Both will cause problems and both get stuck in going forward and defending. I don't know how Bellerin or Kola are doing, they would also help.

goonergaz

I think the fanbase can take lessons out of other club fans, Liverpool etc. It’s only with us that we’re saying the away side gets the decisions. Our fans need to boo much louder on every such decision or foul against us. History shows that referees do get affected by fan reception.

I can assure you the ref got a loaf of stick yesterday...as soon as Dozi got his card that was it!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're going into this game with a back 4 of AMN, Luiz, Sokratis and Saka yet have £180m worth of strikers :lol:

If we do not play at least 3 proper midfielders and 2 proper wide players it will get messy.

Nelson right, Pepe left. Both as wide as possible. Auba in the middle. He's our best centre forward by a zillion miles. Midfield 3 of Willock, Torreira and Guendouzi closing spaces in midfield and providing more passing options for our defenders who United will play a high press against.

I don't think it's the best option, I think it's the only option. United are going to want us to try and play through them then hit us on the break with Martial, Rashford, James etc.

Pepes blue pill

0-2

More misery and more tears for all gooners.. banter from united fan in my social circle gonna be so unbearable I may have to murder him

Top murdering tip = don't post on the internet that you might have to kill said person :facepalm:

Its a rookie move and I hate to see it :frustrated:

TornadoTed

Established Member
If Mikel wants work rate from his wide players and Pepe isn't up to it yet how about him up front instead of Laca who is woefully out of form.

Pepe

Auba Özil Nelson

Could work maybe, thought?

It's pointless trying to pick a team, at the moment it's almost whichever XI are fit enough to play.

Riou

Don't really like putting up anything other than a win, but this is one of the exceptions...

...This felt massive at the time, playing so well against a top United team, a week after going to Anfield and bossing Liverpool...this season man, so close...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't know how Bellerin or Kola are doing, they would also help.
Not so sure about Bellerin because he was dreadful every time he played this season and AMN is doing better now. Kola would add more to our attack than Saka

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Eboue is better than any of our current fullbacks

That goes without saying. In fact I wouldn't take anyone in the current team over the players in the 2011-2012 season when we clawed Sp**s back from 13 points to get 3rd place.

These weaklings don't have it in them to draw us out of the bottom half of the table let alone make an assault on 4th place.

Arteta is in for a lot of pain & disappointment.

Manberg

Predator
I think Kolasinac is still a couple of weeks away from returning.
Hopefully Holding, Bellerin, Ceballos and Martinelli are back for this.

Riou

We really should have let go of Emery sooner, and tried to get Arteta much quicker than we did...the fixtures he has to start are so damn hard.

All sense says United will do us on the counter, just gotta hope we get some luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom