• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Ramsey was hugely praised by Juventus fans earlier in the season for his work rate, intensity, all round game.

Obviously since then his constant injuries have derailed his season.

When he's played, he's come off the bench more often than starting games. I don't think you want to be paying that sort of money to a squad player, no matter the reason for him being in and out of the lineup. Workrate and all is fine, but it's something you can say for players at Burnley and Aston Villa as well. A club such as Juventus with Champions League aspirations needs more. It's not like they were unaware of his injury history.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Wanted him before I knew about all the issues surrounding him. Now I'd rather go for someone else, still a talented player though.

Goonger

I like Rabiot, I think he's a very good player, for me he seems to have made some poor choices so far in his career which means he hasn't really kicked on. Even going to Juventus given the competition there wasn't a great choice. For me, he needs to go somewhere that he's going to play every week, to become the mainstay of a team & really kick on.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Rabiot and Ceballos for 30m each would be incredible business. Both could be international regulars for Spain and Frabce in the next couple of years.

I'm not convinced we can attract Rabiot. No question of whether he is good enough.

Gunner-Union

Rabiot and Ceballos for 30m each would be incredible business. Both could be international regulars for Spain and Frabce in the next couple of years.

I'm not convinced we can attract Rabiot. No question of whether he is good enough.

i have not seen much on him tbh what would he offer us?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If Rabiot was so good he would be starting at Juventus.

People seem to think hes better than what he is based on watching him about 4 times.

He has a poor attitude. He isnt even young in terms of football. 23-24 isnt young in football. If you aren't established by then you have a problem.

Better going for a British player who plans on staying in the premier league all his career and wants to make a name for himself.

truth_hurts

i have not seen much on him tbh what would he offer us?

Intensity, calm on the ball, tough tackling and covers a lot of ground. Not the most incisive passer, but very good with short range passing and moving the ball quickly.

I thought he was brilliant at PSG until that fatal last season.

truth_hurts

[QUOTE="14Henry, post: 5012627, member: 99527"]If Rabiot was so good he would be starting at Juventus.

People seem to think hes better than what he is based on watching him about 4 times.

He has a poor attitude. He isnt even young in terms of football. 23-24 isnt young in football. If you aren't established by then you have a problem.

Better going for a British player who plans on staying in the premier league all his career and wants to make a name for himself.[/QUOTE]

Do you apply the same theory to Pepe? Below Arsenal level because he isn't starting. It might be true with Rabiot, but a very flawed logic.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Cuisance, whom I suggested us to buy in previous transfer windows would be the future regular of France. Not Rabiot.

And Tonali will be the future of Italy.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
[QUOTE="14Henry, post: 5012627, member: 99527"]If Rabiot was so good he would be starting at Juventus.

Better going for a British player who plans on staying in the premier league all his career and wants to make a name for himself.

Do you apply the same theory to Pepe? Below Arsenal level because he isn't starting. It might be true with Rabiot, but a very flawed logic.[/QUOTE]

At the moment I would say that Pepe hasnt proved himself yet. He hasnt shown anything in the last 4 months that would suggest he is a top player. He may show it in the future but to date he hasnt.

So in other words yes I do think the same. Do you not?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
If Rabiot was so good he would be starting at Juventus.

sorry but that is just bunch of crap.
There is a list of 100 players who sit or sat on the Juventus bench and other bigger clubs and were/are class players.

Also, there is an even bigger list of players aged 24 who were still not considered class players yet they did become one.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What salary is he on? Time for loan with an option to buy fc to go hunting.

Think the prices being quoted are low for a player with that much hype around him. Juve must be desperate to get his possibly massive wages off the book.

truth_hurts

Do you apply the same theory to Pepe? Below Arsenal level because he isn't starting. It might be true with Rabiot, but a very flawed logic.

At the moment I would say that Pepe hasnt proved himself yet. He hasnt shown anything in the last 4 months that would suggest he is a top player. He may show it in the future but to date he hasnt.

So in other words yes I do think the same. Do you not?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Pepe's start here is indicative of his level. Doesn't he have the most assists in our first team? I also think Pepe is more than good enough for a mid-table Prem team (which we sadly are now).

Is Rabiot good enough to be a bonafide starter at an elite European team like Huve? Jury is out to be honest.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Luis Suarez. I'm sure there are plenty.

In 2008-09 he scored 22 goals in 31 appearances.
In 2009-10 he scored 35 goals in 33 appearances.

Now considering hes 32 that would indicate that before 24 he was scoring a huge number of goals. He was a top player in the dutch league.

Try again.

truth_hurts

In 2008-09 he scored 22 goals in 31 appearances.
In 2009-10 he scored 35 goals in 33 appearances.

Now considering hes 32 that would indicate that before 24 he was scoring a huge number of goals. He was a top player in the dutch league.

Try again.

Dutch League. Good Ebening and good night our kid. How did he fare in his first 6 months in England?

Or even 4 months as that what we're judging Pepe and Rabiot on.

Rabiot is a notch above our midfield options.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom