• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I find Gendouzhi is good running at the box in the final third, I think anytime Gendouzhi normally tries to dribble they just foul him because its normally deep and not in a dangerous position but a defender isnt able to do that in the penalty box. He can be slow releasing the pass and hes incredibly frustrating at times, hes like a kid that needs to be taken by the scruff of the neck and told to make a pass or a run. Might come good, might not.
Like our old man used to say, football is played with the brain and that is the most difficult aspect to develop in a player. I don't see one in Douzy.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
To me will be Ceballos and the most fit next to him (only Arteta knows who is) Pepe or Nelson (I don't have it clearly there) Özil, Auba and Laca upfront.

Arteta could surprise me with Nketiah instead of Laca to chase and make them run and Laca at the end. But I would do it the other way, exploit Nketiah pace when they are tired.

OSBK

Established Member
This game is purely down to how motivated city are. If we conceed 1 or 2 early then i really fear we could get mauled. If we can battle early on and gain an advantage then who knows. Pep will want to make a statement and winning every remaining game and winning the CL makes this a very good season for city.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If we're going to get a goal here it's going to be on the break, hitting them with speed. That I think implies Auba up front with Saka and perhaps Martinelli aiding and abetting. Tierney at left-back to give Saka a more offensive role.

The rest.... all hands to the pump and defending like Trojans.

OSBK

Established Member
Like our old man used to say, football is played with the brain and that is the most difficult aspect to develop in a player. I don't see one in Douzy.

He is 21 years old, the "brain" you are talking about in the majority of 21 yr olds is still learning and devolping. There is a small % of elite 21 and under who have that already hence why they are elite. You cant really say at 21 if a player wont make it, all the evidence would suggest he is on the correct path to becoming a good maybe top player. Look at henderson at 21 and look at him now, at 21 he looked a ok player but now he is driving his team to a league title.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He is 21 years old, the "brain" you are talking about in the majority of 21 yr olds is still learning and devolping. There is a small % of elite 21 and under who have that already hence why they are elite. You cant really say at 21 if a player wont make it, all the evidence would suggest he is on the correct path to becoming a good maybe top player. Look at henderson at 21 and look at him now, at 21 he looked a ok player but now he is driving his team to a league title.
Ah but see, this is Arsenal-mania. You're either world class at 21 or you'll never be good

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
. Look at henderson at 21 and look at him now, at 21 he looked a ok player but now he is driving his team to a league title.
He's not the only player Klopp has made better than he is. Do you really believe Henderson is a top midfielder? I don't think so. He's benefitting from playing under a manager who knows how to bring out the best in average players.

Manberg

Predator
He's not the only player Klopp has made better than he is. Do you really believe Henderson is a top midfielder? I don't think so. He's benefitting from playing under a manager who knows how to bring out the best in average players.

Sort of like Wenger then, who made players like Song look good.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Horrible lineup.

We're begging to get beat with that lineup.

Silva and KDB are going to have a field day cutting through that midfield.

The only way Saka and Guendouzi would work is in a midfield three. They need one extra midfielder beside them

Well maybe I got carried away fitting all our youngsters in. Suppose Ceballos would be a better fit in midfield. Seems certain we won’t see Xhaka/Torreira so I think Doozy will start as the holding midfielder.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Just my boy @GDeep™ struggling to correctly add up our transfers it seems...

tumblr_n8xv62TSpx1qhy7g3o1_250.gif
Wow you two really got him bringing up net spend when he was obviously talking overall gross spend. At least Makingtrax does it on purpose, you on the other hand...

ueGgIgq.jpg

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We have invested around 300M. That’s a lot, our spending the last two windows is more than Wenger ever spent.

Honestly, I don’t see any great players at Arsenal. The hope is Saliba, Pepe, Tierney will become great. A lot of money seems to be pissed all over the wall though.

The Pépé one has me perplexed. It just felt like a panic reaction to Zaha.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Leno
Bellerin Mustafi Luiz Tierney
Ceballos Xhaka
Pepe Özil Saka/Martinelli
Auba

Tough to pick between Saka & Martinelli. If Tierney is back to full fitness we have to put him back in. Alternatively we could have Auba on the left & Nketiah up front before Lacazette but I'd rather try Martinelli or Saka on the left.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Mustafi & Luiz are getting in better form under Arteta & I'd say we should stay with them for now, give Mari another shot soon. Maybe Arteta has plans for Saka centrally now but we should stay with him out wide for now, we can't have Guendouzi in there before Ceballos either.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I think Saka will start in midfield. We haven't seen much of Xhaka and Torreira in the warm up games. Apparently they're having fitness issues.

If I'm to Hazard a guess, I think it will probably be a midfield three of AMN/Ceballos - Guendouzi- Saka/AMN

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Henderson has never been an average midfielder, he's always been very high energy with powerful and explosive runs, relentless stamina, a huge range of passing and great crossing ability. The hardest working player in the prem according to Opta, not flamboyant but extremely solid and workmanlike. A player's player. All the coaches from Dalglish to Rodgers to Southgate have had nothing but praise for him and the players love him. Overturning that 3-0 v Barca, he was man of the match . . immense player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom