• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Our midfield decline coincided with the signing of xhaka
Okay...but they're all crap now? Is that his fault?

Does he emit crap radiation that afflicts other midfielders? He's the best of a bad bunch and that's worrying.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Okay...but they're all crap now? Is that his fault?

Does he emit crap radiation that afflicts other midfielders? He's the best of a bad bunch and that's worrying.
He's the most senior midfielder in the club, he should take responsibility rather than blaming others.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's the most senior midfielder in the club, he should take responsibility rather than blaming others.
Seems like you just don't like him? What do you mean blaming others? Quality aside he's proven that he's captain material throughout his career.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seems like you just don't like him? What do you mean blaming others? Quality aside he's proven that he's captain material throughout his career.
A captain that has cost us many games and also told the fans to feck off

Aevi

Hale End FC
Imagine defending a player who has been the only constant in the years of decline.... just because.
I mean, that's just not factual at all :lol:

I think it's pretty commonly accepted at this point that we should upgrade on Xhaka but to solely blame him on the club's performances over the past 3 years is just silly.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I mean, that's just not factual at all :lol:

I think it's pretty commonly accepted at this point that we should upgrade on Xhaka but to solely blame him on the club's performances over the past 3 years is just silly.
He isn’t the sole reason obviously but he is one of the biggest reasons

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Came back and instantly improved the midfield today.

I'm not his biggest fan but such is the dire situation the midfield is in, his presence has really become important so it was refreshing to see him back today and performing relatively well. Anchored that midfield on his own pretty much.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Xhaka isn't the problem with our midfield. He's our best option, and that's the problem. Hard to blame the guy when noone else plays up to his level, we have no choice but to play him and put up with his occasional absent-minded mistakes because he's the only one that seems to connect our defense and attack with any stability.

Seems we're set to have some turnover though which is good news, Ceballos is only here until the end of the season and we're looking at players like Partey to replace him. That's a step in the right direction.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Giving him Captain armband was big mistake it just have out unneeded pressure he been different player without it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree with mikel he really don't hide and want prove everyone wrong. I hope we get Partey deal done it'll be really good for Xhaka

roz

Fake News Merchant
We have such a weird group of CMs not one combination that suits any player. Xhaka is the most complete of them though so we are better by default when he starts.

Feel we either need to upgrade Xhaka in the summer which will require us to spend big
or
Find a good partner for him, someone that compliments his game. Any ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom