• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Best midfielder we have, which isn't much of a competition these days. You want your balls shaken or stirred?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Imagine If your wife cheated on you with your brother, tried to poison you, nag every minute, gives you stress, costs you loads of money and genuinely makes your life miserable for 4 years. But hey, for the past 6 months she's started ironing my clothes again and calling me "baby", so I guess our marriage is better than ever right?

Ffs, where's your self-respect? Xhaka, despite giving away some loose balls, has a decent game and everyone is ready to open their legs for him. I want at least 2 seasons of consistency before I can warm to Xhaka and I'm perfectly entitled to that cos he's been disappointing for years now. I have seen this before, he has a run of games when he's decent and then teams figure him out and we go back to losing. I'm not falling for it. In the words of philosopher Jermaine Cole. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times, f*#k the peace signs and let the chopper rain on you".

Manberg

Predator
Our best midfielder this season without a doubt. Absurd to talk about replacing him. What about the other midfielders?
We need an imposing DM and a flamboyant AM to partner Xhaka. Ceballos and Willock aren't good enough. I have doubts about Guendouzi. Özil's just a leech. Torreira is injured often. Yet some are talking about replacing Xhaka this summer. He's an important cog for most teams.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
People are still defending Xhaka. Lol. Can't believe the fans even allow him to wear the Arsenal jersey again after what he did.
Imagine If your wife cheated on you with your brother, tried to poison you, nag every minute, gives you stress, costs you loads of money and genuinely makes your life miserable for 4 years. But hey, for the past 6 months she's started ironing my clothes again and calling me "baby", so I guess our marriage is better than ever right?

Ffs, where's your self-respect? Xhaka, despite giving away some loose balls, has a decent game and everyone is ready to open their legs for him. I want at least 2 seasons of consistency before I can warm to Xhaka and I'm perfectly entitled to that cos he's been disappointing for years now. I have seen this before, he has a run of games when he's decent and then teams figure him out and we go back to losing. I'm not falling for it. In the words of philosopher Jermaine Cole. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times, f*#k the peace signs and let the chopper rain on you".
Consistency at the level he's at now?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I am still trying to process that I just read be-ta **** fanfic to slag off a player and fans

:lol: Why is be ta autocorrected to Betamax?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Why are you lot fighting so much after a win? Just relax for once it's been a rough season.

Yeah really weird behaviour.

Just read through the pages after the game, not one person overly praised Xhaka after this game, they are basically inventing a narrative to get mad over :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah really weird behaviour.

Just read through the pages after the game, not one person overly praised Xhaka after this game, they are basically inventing a narrative to get mad over :lol:

I remember when I’d criticise Lacazette or Torreira and get so much grief about being negative and a troll. But then you read all these deranged posts and you realise it’s all just a popularity contest with the posters here.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I remember when I’d criticise Lacazette or Torreira and get so much grief about being negative and a troll. But then you read all these deranged posts and you realise it’s all just a popularity contest with the posters here.
Pot calling kettle black. At least the critics of Xhaka only criticize him on his footballing ability, but you were on here all season slaughtering Lacazette due to the size of his butt FFS

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Pot calling kettle black. At least the critics of Xhaka only criticize him on his footballing ability, but you were on here all season slaughtering Lacazette due to the size of his butt FFS

That’s cos Lacazette is terrible and a liability to our team, why do you think he’s benched? He does have a fat arse too.

Xhaka on the other hand is our best midfielder and we perform badly without him. I’ve been one of Xhaka’s biggest haters and I can see all his flaws but the fact is the team plays the beat with him in the starting line up.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A captain that has cost us many games and also told the fans to feck off
Well that's a shift of the old goal posts isn't it? ;)

We're talking about you saying he's the main reason our midfield is crap. We're not talking about why he lost the captaincy. You're finding it hard to remain objective here and I think it's because you just don't like him.

Manberg

Predator
Xhaka can make many mistakes in games where he gets pressed. But some critics like to make mountains out of molehills. Who in our squad doesn’t have weaknesses? Even Auba and Leno have pretty big weaknesses. But if we’re going to replace players by order of worst ability, most would need replacing before Xhaka.

As for the incident, I maintained since the start that both he and the fans are guilty. Fans moreso because temper tantrums happen but sarcastically cheering your own player for coming off is unacceptable.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka can make many mistakes in games where he gets pressed. But some critics like to make mountains out of molehills. Who in our squad doesn’t have weaknesses? Even Auba and Leno have pretty big weaknesses. But if we’re going to replace players by order of worst ability, most would need replacing before Xhaka.

As for the incident, I maintained since the start that both he and the fans are guilty. Fans moreso because temper tantrums happen but sarcastically cheering your own player for coming off is unacceptable.
We were looking for the win. As a captain he should have run off the pitch as quick as he can, not strolling off as if we're already 5-0 up ffs. The fans gave him ironic cheers due to his wastage of time and he told them to **** off. I'm sorry that's not how a captain behaves

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor

Arsenal fans have always been this way, stupidly misdirecting their frustration at the wrong players. They’d look to lambast someone like Xhaka who is pivotal and more importantly gives his all for the shirt, but they’d happily cheer for people like Twerkazette/Özil when they can’t be bothered 50% of the time (I do like both of them though When on form)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom