• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well that's a shift of the old goal posts isn't it? ;)

We're talking about you saying he's the main reason our midfield is crap. We're not talking about why he lost the captaincy. You're finding it hard to remain objective here and I think it's because you just don't like him.
He's cost us many and games and he's one the reason our midfield is crap. The former and the latter are not mutually exclusive, you know?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe the level of praise he is getting.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The 458 minutes where he played -> Southampton away, West Ham at home, Everton at home Newcastle at home, Burnley at home
The 458 minutes he did not play -> Manchester city away, Brighton away, Chelsea away, Manchester city home, Southampton home.
Jeez. These Xhaka fans are quite something. When these idiots come up with weird numbers like '458', you should always check what it is about :lol:

Manberg

Predator
We were looking for the win. As a captain he should have run off the pitch as quick as he can, not strolling off as if we're already 5-0 up ffs. The fans gave him ironic cheers due to his wastage of time and he told them to **** off. I'm sorry that's not how a captain behaves

No it’s not. Fans started their ironic cheering as soon as his name was called. If it was for his slow walk, how does that help him get off quicker? Fact of the matter is that more than a few sections of the Arsenal fanbase were sending Xhaka and his family abuse online. This festered out of swathes of misdirected criticism whenever we didn’t win. AFTV videos shortly before that time would confirm it.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Can't believe the level of praise he is getting.
Mental, isn't it?

You'd think we have a Viera incarnate with massive amount of encomiums he's getting on here.

I keep wondering if it was the same game we all watched yesterday. How can a sane person praise that level of performance as 'great'

Jesus wept!

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The 458 minutes where he played -> Southampton away, West Ham at home, Everton at home Newcastle at home, Burnley at home
The 458 minutes he did not play -> Manchester city away, Brighton away, Chelsea away, Manchester city home, Southampton home.
Jeez. These Xhaka fans are quite something. When these idiots come up with weird numbers like '458', you should always check what it is about :lol:
Of course. The level of hero worship is getting closer to Özil territory tbh. How has this guy been able to convince our fanbase that an average performance like yesterday is 'a great' performance? :lol:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Mental, isn't it?

You'd think we have a Viera incarnate with massive amount of encomiums he's getting on here.

I keep wondering if it was the same game we all watched yesterday. How can a sane person praise that level of performance as 'great'

Jesus wept!

No you wouldn't because literally no-one has said anything suggesting he was brilliant.

What is it with people on the internet making up opposing extreme positions that they can then react to? Its childish and transparent.

Nearly all the posts supportive of the player are positive about him in comparison to the other alternatives and praise his positive qualities and impact IN COMPARISON to our other current alternatives.

Literally no-one has mentioned his name and Vieira's in the same breath other than you endlessly trying to invent false positions to oppose

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They'll need a good stretch after a reach like that.

Riou

Pot calling kettle black. At least the critics of Xhaka only criticize him on his footballing ability, but you were on here all season slaughtering Lacazette due to the size of his butt FFS

Tbf, I think the reason a lot of people give Xhaka chance after chance, is because of his handsomeness.

6 foot tall, strong jaw, broad shoulders...he's a good looking guy...compared to Toreirra, who looks like a character out of Lord Of The Rings :lol:

Some people get extra in life because of how attractive they are, I know all about these benefits.

The world is a very shallow place really.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

1. It was Burnley away, not home

2. He did play Chelsea away, and had a superb performance playing at CB when Luiz was sent off

3. the '458' is because of the 8 minutes he played against City, so don't think they came up with that

4. Only one idiot here, you.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal fans have always been this way, stupidly misdirecting their frustration at the wrong players. They’d look to lambast someone like Xhaka who is pivotal and more importantly gives his all for the shirt, but they’d happily cheer for people like Twerkazette/Özil when they can’t be bothered 50% of the time (I do like both of them though When on form)

This is just tribalism.

None of the experienced players bar Aubameyang and maybe Leno have been remotely good enough. As demonstrated by the number of opportunities they have had, their experience, and our league position.

I used to have a peak at Sp**s forums when some thought Huddlestone was unfairly criticised over Zokora or Jenas and Chimbonda was unfairly criticised over Hutton.

This is why it's important to benchmark externally.

Furious

Tbf, I think the reason a lot of people give Xhaka chance after chance, is because of his handsomeness.

6 foot tall, strong jaw, broad shoulders...he's a good looking guy...compared to Toreirra, who looks like a character out of Lord Of The Rings :lol:

Some people get extra in life because of how attractive they are, I know all about these benefits.

Mate, your knowledge of the game is poor, you cry about the likes of Rosicky and Coquelin. Better stick to rubbish like Wrestling.

He's not getting a second chance. You had guys like @Big Poppa telling us at the start of the season how the likes of Willock should be starting ahead of Xhaka, and many people saying how pretty much all the other midfielders are better than him. Now the narrative from horrendous posters like @Oxeki, @RacingPhoton and yourself has shifted and you are restoring to rubbish such as "hE's ThE bEsT oF a BaD BuNcH" because you were wrong.

The good posters however recognise that he's an important player to the team, and that the hate was over the top. That's it.

Riou

Mate, your knowledge of the game is poor, you cry about the likes of Rosicky and Coquelin. Better stick to rubbish like Wrestling.

He's not getting a second chance. You had guys like @Big Poppa telling us at the start of the season how the likes of Willock should be starting ahead of Xhaka, and many people saying how pretty much all the other midfielders are better than him. Now the narrative from horrendous posters like @Oxeki, @RacingPhoton and yourself has shifted and you are restoring to rubbish such as "hE's ThE bEsT oF a BaD BuNcH" because you were wrong.

The good posters however recognise that he's an important player to the team, and that the hate was over the top. That's it.

Fair enough, I was wrong on Xhaka, he is the most useful CM we currently have...though I still think in the right system that could have been Lucas, but's that moot anyway since he has been crying to leave for months now...I do think the praise is over the top though for him, but he did play well yesterday.

PS...wrestling is rubbish now, but it wasn't when I watched it, good sir!

Furious

Fair enough, I was wrong on Xhaka, he is the most useful CM we currently have...though I still think in the right system that could have been Lucas, but's that moot anyway since he has been crying to leave for months now...I do think the praise is over the top though for him, but he did play well yesterday.

PS...wrestling is rubbish now, but it wasn't when I watched it, good sir!

Only vaguely watched the game yesterday, looked like we were solid at best, Xhaka likewise.

Don't see this over the top praise you're talking about though.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Literally no-one has mentioned his name and Vieira's in the same breath other than you endlessly trying to invent false positions to oppose
Are you so thick that you can't understand my post?

Did I say anyone compared him to Viera?
Re-read my post and comprehend what I wrote

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He's not good enough.

That he's the best of the bad bunch doesn't change anything.

We can do better than him. It's no coincidence that our midfield has turned to **** since he came.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

I really hope this is a spoof post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom