• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Are you so thick that you can't understand my post?

Did I say anyone compared him to Viera?
Re-read my post and comprehend what I wrote

Ah, selective quoting, a bit like your selective comprehension. I know exactly what you wrote. I was merely drawing attention to your false argument hyperbole by echoing it. You've been banging on here with endless posts implying we're all saying he was brilliant and blowing smoke up his rear, when I've barely seen anything more strongly supportive than the team was better with him in it, as it has been most of the season, and he's our most important midfielder.

I haven't seen a single post suggesting we should build the team around him or that he is some sort of colossus that is the standard we should aspire to.

You and a couple of others are spitting feathers because other people rate him a little bit higher than you do, which inevitably leads to people defending him a bit, which then leads to you inflating their points of view so you try to suggest the counter view is ridiculous. When in actuality, the counter view is purely one of degree and not extremes.

We're aware of each others viewpoints, so there is no need to be dishonest in representing differing views.

Back on topic, the real question is this:

If Xhaka is currently our most important midfielder, how do we rebuild our midfield to make it better in the knowledge that we have limited funds, and how do we long-term transition to a point where Xhaka becomes a player we can sell or drop without leaving a chaotic mess in his absence?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
1. It was Burnley away, not home

2. He did play Chelsea away, and had a superb performance playing at CB when Luiz was sent off

3. the '458' is because of the 8 minutes he played against City, so don't think they came up with that

4. Only one idiot here, you.
My bad. I got Burnley away and Chelsea home mixed up. But still Chelsea, City twice and Southampton is not in any way same as Southampton, West Ham, Everton and Newcastle. Comparing the team performances against these 2 sets of teams is idiotic.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Mate, your knowledge of the game is poor, you cry about the likes of Rosicky and Coquelin. Better stick to rubbish like Wrestling.

He's not getting a second chance. You had guys like @Big Poppa telling us at the start of the season how the likes of Willock should be starting ahead of Xhaka, and many people saying how pretty much all the other midfielders are better than him. Now the narrative from horrendous posters like @Oxeki, @RacingPhoton and yourself has shifted and you are restoring to rubbish such as "hE's ThE bEsT oF a BaD BuNcH" because you were wrong.

The good posters however recognise that he's an important player to the team, and that the hate was over the top. That's it.
The hate was not over the top. It is similar to the hate Mustafi and Luiz received when they were making mistakes.
I don't think even 'Best of a bad bunch' is the right answer to it. His competitors are Ceballos, Torreira and Willock. Willock is still 20 years old. The other 2 have been as bad as Xhaka. That doesn't make him the best. We may call him important because we don't really have any other midfielders. If we have many injuries and are left with just Mustafi and Luiz as CB's, they are also important players for us. Doesn't make them good players.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mate, your knowledge of the game is poor, you cry about the likes of Rosicky and Coquelin. Better stick to rubbish like Wrestling.

He's not getting a second chance. You had guys like @Big Poppa telling us at the start of the season how the likes of Willock should be starting ahead of Xhaka, and many people saying how pretty much all the other midfielders are better than him. Now the narrative from horrendous posters like @Oxeki, @RacingPhoton and yourself has shifted and you are restoring to rubbish such as "hE's ThE bEsT oF a BaD BuNcH" because you were wrong.

The good posters however recognise that he's an important player to the team, and that the hate was over the top. That's it.

I’m not reading that

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's cost us many and games and he's one the reason our midfield is crap. The former and the latter are not mutually exclusive, you know?
One of the reasons or the reason?

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s going to be an integral player for Arteta in the coming years. Tempted to say give him the captaincy again but maybe let’s not put that pressure back on him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Very different to this

This is what I mean about people's dislike for Xhaka leading them to say things they don't even mean.

Think he might be talking about buying Xhaka is when our midfield really started going wrong, we haven't had a working midfield in years really...plus the anger on him and Mustafi is understandable to a degree, summer 2016 killed us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think he might be talking about buying Xhaka is when our midfield really started going wrong, we haven't had a working midfield in years really...plus the anger on him and Mustafi is understandable to a degree, summer 2016 killed us.
That's not what he said.

I understand why you wouldn't like Xhaka, you're more likely to dislike someone who has clearly lost you a game like Xhaka/Mustafi/Luiz rather than guys who quietly offer **** all like the rest of our midfielders.

I just wish people would own their dislike for him rather than trying to say he's the entire reason our midfield is f*cked.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He’s going to be an integral player for Arteta in the coming years. Tempted to say give him the captaincy again but maybe let’s not put that pressure back on him.

You're probably right, Arteta seems to really like him.

If Auba leaves this summer who gets the captaincy? I have no idea, you'd think Bellerin obviously but in current form there's huge question marks over whether he's actually good enough. I swear the captaincy at Arsenal is cursed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Leno? I guess he could be captain. Tierney is definitely captain material and could be a good enough player, but it's way too soon. If not Leno then I guess it goes to Bellerin by default. Or who knows, maybe in a topsy-turvy world Xhaka is made captain again.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ah, selective quoting, a bit like your selective comprehension. I know exactly what you wrote. I was merely drawing attention to your false argument hyperbole by echoing it. You've been banging on here with endless posts implying we're all saying he was brilliant and blowing smoke up his rear, when I've barely seen anything more strongly supportive than the team was better with him in it, as it has been most of the season, and he's our most important midfielder.

I haven't seen a single post suggesting we should build the team around him or that he is some sort of colossus that is the standard we should aspire to.

You and a couple of others are spitting feathers because other people rate him a little bit higher than you do, which inevitably leads to people defending him a bit, which then leads to you inflating their points of view so you try to suggest the counter view is ridiculous. When in actuality, the counter view is purely one of degree and not extremes.

We're aware of each others viewpoints, so there is no need to be dishonest in representing differing views.

Back on topic, the real question is this:

If Xhaka is currently our most important midfielder, how do we rebuild our midfield to make it better in the knowledge that we have limited funds, and how do we long-term transition to a point where Xhaka becomes a player we can sell or drop without leaving a chaotic mess in his absence?
Good stuff mate, there's classic strawmanning in some of these anti-Xhaka posts.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Leno? I guess he could be captain. Tierney is definitely captain material and could be a good enough player, but it's way too soon. If not Leno then I guess it goes to Bellerin by default. Or who knows, maybe in a topsy-turvy world Xhaka is made captain again.
Hard to say as behind the scenes we don’t know their personalities and behaviour. We know Xhaka is supposed to be a massive influence as that’s what 3 managers have told us, he was also nominated by his team mates to lead them.

I’m not sure as Auba as captain, guy is like a ghost on the pitch. Even Golies as captain, not feeling it, always away from the action.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Tbf, I think the reason a lot of people give Xhaka chance after chance, is because of his handsomeness.

6 foot tall, strong jaw, broad shoulders...he's a good looking guy...compared to Toreirra, who looks like a character out of Lord Of The Rings :lol:

Some people get extra in life because of how attractive they are, I know all about these benefits.

The world is a very shallow place really.

Why you copying me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom