• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Partey - Guendouzi swap is tempting, there’s not much point into talking about potential or ceiling when we’re sitting in 10th.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You watch the team play today against Sheffield Utd and one of the most frustrating things is not being able to keep hold of the ball and losing the ball in midfield too often. I do think Partey would really help both keep the ball and win the ball in the centre of the park. That's my Yer Da take on this whole thing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
First Laca, then Bellerin and now Guendouzi? I wonder which Arsenal player that Simeone has no interest in is next to be 'Wanted by Simeone'.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Keep Guendouzi, will overtake Xhaka in a couple of years. Whilst Willock hopefully will do the same with Partey.

Future proofing the midfield for years to come.
I knew you rated Xhaka, but didn't realise you actually RATE rated him ffs. Xhaka is not a CL level midfielder, even if he is our best midfielder. What is the point of grooming a player to eventually overtake that caliber of player? Get rid of them both, chuck in Torreira in there as well for good measure.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I knew you rated Xhaka, but didn't realise you actually RATE rated him ffs. Xhaka is not a CL level midfielder, even if he is our best midfielder. What is the point of grooming a player to eventually overtake that caliber of player? Get rid of them both, chuck in Torreira in there as well for good measure.

I'm not sure what you want me to answer here. You're making so many assumptions I don't know where to start.

Selling three midfielders is obviously out of question, that's not gonna happen. Never mind all the other issues we have in the squad, CB, AM, ST, LW, RB, etc. all these come before any talk of replacing Xhaka as we're not signing Partey and another CM. What I said has nothing to do whether I rate him or not, I'm just looking realistically at it.

As for the bolded part, what does that even mean? I think Guendouzi has the potential to be better than Xhaka. Never said I hope Guendouzi reaches his level as you're portraying it.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I'm not sure what you want me to answer here. You're making so many assumptions I don't know where to start.

Selling three midfielders is obviously out of question, that's not gonna happen. Never mind all the other issues we have in the squad, CB, AM, ST, LW, RB, etc. all these come before any talk of replacing Xhaka as we're not signing Partey and another CM. What I said has nothing to do whether I rate him or not, I'm just looking realistically at it.

As for the bolded part, what does that even mean? I think Guendouzi has the potential to be better than Xhaka. Never said I hope Guendouzi reaches his level as you're portraying it.
Fair enough, personally except for the back ups I'd take the risk of binning all our midfielders if the chance presented itself even if it might hurt the team cohesion. Xhaka is obviously the leader of this team, if he is here next season then he'll be our starter which I'd hate just on principle.

I can see Guen having the potential to be better than Xhaka, but not by much tbh. Which is why I don't think it's worth developing him much.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Fair enough, personally except for the back ups I'd take the risk of binning all our midfielders if the chance presented itself even if it might hurt the team cohesion. Xhaka is obviously the leader of this team, if he is here next season then he'll be our starter which I'd hate just on principle.

I can see Guen having the potential to be better than Xhaka, but not by much tbh. Which is why I don't think it's worth developing him much.

Xhaka and Partey would be a solid midfield though, especially provided Arteta gets some consistency going with the team, and on top of that gets in a couple of decent signings.

Goonger

Xhaka and Partey would be a solid midfield though, especially provided Arteta gets some consistency going with the team, and on top of that gets in a couple of decent signings.

Yeah, I think we are dreaming if we think Arteta is going to overhaul the full team in 1 window when we have limited budget.

I think it's a partner for Xhaka the manager is looking for, at least for another season. And to be fair, he's been much better since Arteta came in.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Reckon this thread will hit 150 pages eventually. Only on AM could a thread for a DM get over 100 pages.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Honestly the disrespect and ignorance from Trippier here. Maybe the quotes are badly phrased but it just sounds so condescending. Ghana's official language is English ffs.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Honestly the disrespect and ignorance from Trippier here. Maybe the quotes are badly phrased but it just sounds so condescending. Ghana's official language is English ffs.

I dont see what was so condescending, he showed him a lot of respect. Not everyone knows that Ghana's official language is English lol. He's a footballer not an academic.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I dont see what was so condescending, he showed him a lot of respect. Not everyone knows that Ghana's official language is English lol. He's a footballer not an academic.

An English person shouldn't need to be an academic to know that Ghana, a country colonised by the British and many of whose people have emigrated and settled in the UK, has English as its official language. It's basic stuff. Should be taught more in schools obviously.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
An English person shouldn't need to be an academic to know that Ghana, a country colonised by the British and many of whose people have emigrated and settled in the UK, has English as its official language. It's basic stuff. Should be taught more in schools obviously.

Tripper just appears a bit dumb, don't think he meant to offend...some people are just kinda stupid, doesn't mean they are a bad person.

I remember when I was around 16, in Geography class one of my classmates thought East Anglia was in Africa...and she was a nice enough person :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom