• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
We need a world-class defender
the rest can be sorted internally if both Ceballos and Auba sign.
Spend the money there.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Benrahma and Buendia would both cost £20-25m each, not sure that's outsmarting the market.

It's surely smarter than spending 40m on Grealish.

I get the Premier League experience angle for transfer targets, but it's more difficult now than ever. PL teams are "full stomach sellers", as the phrase goes here, they have so much money coming in compared to other leagues that they'll always ask for a heftier fee than would be asked for when it comes to a similar level player from a different league. Can't even sign bargains from the Championship now.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We may need to bully some of the smaller teams in the league. Lots of players in mid table teams that would start here.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

How does it massively improve us? Like explain the mechanics of it. As far as I can tell it doesn't give us more creativity, but maybe i'm being dim.
In theory it allows us to go back to 433 where the creativity comes from out wide.

Central midfield is then used to control the game offensively and defensively.

It's why I'm almost off the fence in selling Aubameyang unless we plan to play him through the middle. Aubameyang isnt skillful or tricky enough to be creative. But Saka out there is.

So simple answer midfield isnt tasked with creative plays. It's there to filter possession and allow chance creation to come from width.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who’s the equivalent to a 2016 Mane in the PL today? The likes of Richarlison/Jota/Traore are £100m players to their clubs.
Where’s our Salah?

Easy to say copy Liverpool, the players aren’t there for us.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Who’s the equivalent to a 2016 Mane in the PL today? The likes of Richarlison/Jota/Traore are £100m players to their clubs.
Where’s our Salah?

Tap them up & be willing to pay big transfer fees... get them to want to come then contact the club.

Liverpool were dirty as **** for a few years but still willing to drop 30-40m on these players back in 2014 - 2017. Multiple clubs accused them of tapping players up but Liverpool were happy to even wait 6 months - a year to land targets.

We could have easily got Zaha last summer. We could get a Richarlison / Gucci / Wolves player this window. It will just get messy & a big fee.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Where’s our Salah?

Richarlisson was a good shout when he as at Watford. If he was playing for a club like Arsenal he'd be worth more overall, since Barcelona loves to buy players from us that don't suit them at all.

Most of the players are either too young (say Bogle and Aarons) or just not good enough.

I'd say Benrhama is that player, but it looks like he's Chelsea bound.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

so it'll be likely will be similar to last summer. Orny don't want to repeat what he was saying last summer and say we have so little to spend because at the end he proven wrong after we spent 130M.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Not surprised he had very good loan spell there.
Seems like a good idea. He's building a nice little rep for himself in Germany - but he's been impressing as a winger and not at RB where he'd have more chance of breaking through here. If we can get at least £5m for him, that's a good deal.

With AMN, Guendouzi and potentially Ceballos also leaving, wonder if we'll still sell Ben Sheaf? Could get decent money for him too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Where’s our Salah?

I dont want to copy liverpool player for player. But copy the way they built, buy players to fit the system Arteta wants.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Of course we'll spend money. Even in a post-COVID world we will still outspend most clubs in the PL. This is very much Kroenke's biggest overseas project and with them becoming sole proprietor, they are most likely here for the long term. They have to spend, a rookie manager takes over halfway through the season after the club's disastrous league campaign and give him no money to try and fix one of the worst Arsenal squads of all time. Even if you think the Kroenke's are capitalist monsters with their own agendas, it makes very little sense for them to watch Arsenal crumble into mediocrity because they save a few million. Not only would that be career **** for Arteta but they would make far more money by investing money into the club in dire situations such as now in order to prop up the club and boost its worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom