• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought you being sarcastic. But as you say he does well under pressure. But I like how he defend , that's something you want in modern football in a 433.

Yeah he seems to be an all rounder for sure

LG10

The only fat I can see is the one getting into your brain... Check yourself man. Or maybe you are anorexic and see fat where there are muscles? I guess you watch Santi or Koke and say they are fat isn't?
Obviously he’s not fat but those stocky wide players just don’t work anymore. It’s all about pace, power and technique now, having just one of the three isn’t good enough anymore.

I’m 6’3’’ and very handsome, don’t worry about me.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yeah he seems to be an all rounder for sure
Basically he does what Emery tried with Torreira as 10 and what Arteta wants from Willock as 10. Pressure an recover quickly. With the main difference he is good with the ball an can be creative. That's why I want a player who works for the team and not s player like Coutinho without synergy and sacrifice. One suits in 433 the other is not.

Sometimes you don't need the best individual player but the best collectively one

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
First of all: I don't rate Coutinho and never rated him, even for Liverpool. But if he joins us, i will give him a chance to prove me wrong of course. So i am not 100% against this transfer.

The reality is, that we won't get near the CL places with all the young players and talents from our academy - Saka, Martinelli, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Saliba all are exciting, but you need a structure in the team to develop team. Maybe 2 or 3 of them will turn into great players in some years, but at the moment we won't get CL with them.

We need proven quality, players that have performed for the big clubs. And if you played for Inter, Liverpool, Bayern and Barca you are probably one of these players.
Players, who have played in the CL. Players, who have won titles. You have to think big.

Szoboszlai is a great talent for example, but how realistic is it, that he will bring this team on a better level? Unrealistic in his first years here, maybe in some years. Especially if you have a similar talented players with Smith Rowe. You have to show him a perspective for the future. That's why it always better to have proven quality and talented players behind them.

Coutinho is 28. That's his a very good age. Has PL experience, looks like Arteta has a vision for him. Of course i wouldn't like if Arsenal would sign him permanent, but a loan could be fine. It's more realistic that he will help us in the next year than another talent. Of course the financial aspect is important too. If Barca will pay half of the wages, it's quite good.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Obviously he’s not fat but those stocky wide players just don’t work anymore. It’s all about pace, power and technique now, having just one of the three isn’t good enough anymore.

I’m 6’3’’ and very handsome, don’t worry about me.
This is not Tinder keep your composure

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Buendia is doing it for Norwich who have a ton of space on counter attacks and such.

Gabriel is from the French league.

Could comfortably be average and have average written all over them.

Least coutinho has guaranteed star quality.

He strikes again :lol:

Kante, Mahrez and your beloved Nico Pepe are from the French League.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
As much as I'd like to hate on Raúl "Three Fideuá's A Day" Sanllehí and his team of equally fat superagent ****s, I imagine Coutinho is the choice because either Liverpool or City (Liverpool has been rumoured in the past, City well their scouting team will be very aware of him/Agüero factor) is ahead in the line for Buendía and Coutinho represents a cheaper option paying his subsidized wages + loan fee than paying what it takes for Buendía.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As much as I'd like to hate on Raúl "Three Fideuá's A Day" Sanllehí and his team of equally fat superagent ****s, I imagine Coutinho is the choice because either Liverpool or City (Liverpool has been rumoured in the past, City well their scouting team will be very aware of him/Agüero factor) is ahead in the line for Buendía and Coutinho represents a cheaper option paying his subsidized wages + loan fee than paying what it takes for Buendía.

Really can't see either of those teams signing Buendia

Malky

Established Member
Least coutinho has guaranteed star quality.
Now I know you’re trolling! Guaranteed Star quality? :lol::lol: The club that own him are desperate to get rid of him, the club he’s on loan at want nothing to do with him. It’s not 2014 anymore, no one gives a **** about Coutinho, his stock has fallen out his arse at this point in his career. We’re only taking him because we’re skint and his agent seems to have the club by the bollocks.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Now I know you’re trolling! Guaranteed Star quality? :lol::lol: The club that own him are desperate to get rid of him, the club he’s on loan at want nothing to do with him. It’s not 2014 anymore, no one gives a **** about Coutinho, his stock has fallen out his arse at this point in his career. We’re only taking him because we’re skint and his agent seems to have the club by the bollocks.
You can’t make this stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom