• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 233,903

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdotzdot

Established Member
This is quite a safe transfer but risky at the same time.

Not really ecstatic with it but if Auba re-signs our biggest worries absolutely lie in defence and midfield and we can’t sort out everything at once, so getting Willian in for the time being to bulk up our attack a bit with a good experienced player makes sense if we do the business in the other positions. Will hold my reservations until the window is up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do you think Auba is going to be keen on signing an extension if we’re signing players from Brentford?
Alongside, Partey, a top defender etc, why not? Benrahma is a French speaking baller too. I think he’s just waiting on the money anyway, if a top club really wanted him he would go no matter who we sign.

We can sign Messi and he’ll still leave if Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus etc want him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Why is this getting less hate than Coutinho?

Despite Coutinho being talented, Willian is the more consistent player that doesnt waste numerous attacking plays through selfish play and poor final decison making.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'd be happy with Willian. Been chelsea best player after Kovacic and Pulisic this season.

Never been World class but a very good, consistent PL winger. Yes he is 32 but he's coming off his highest scoring season with Chelsea, has a good engine and has stayed pretty injury free for most of his career.
Would probably be a better option at RB than Bellerin if needed as well.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
William would be our best winger if he came here and is old enough not to get in the way of Martinelli, Saka or Nelson.

Straight swap for Mkhi would be good business. Willian and Pepe on the wing with Auba central would be excellent.

I'd even prefer Willian at AM to 2020 Özil.
Not saying he is bad. But he is very old.

He could be phenomenal for half a season/a whole season. But what after that? Are we going to pay wage again for a player that has past his peak?

Much preferred to invest in 23 years old player who has a higher re-selling value.

If we really have to sign him, go for a one year performance based deal plus extension.

Last edited:

balthazar

had a peep at the Chelski forum, and most seem happy to let him go, especially if he demands a 3-year contract.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We didn't win fa cup qualified for Europe to offer Willian 3 + 1 deal Kia is not an Arsenal fan he evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom