• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 233,122

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not saying he is bad. But he is very old.

He could be phenomenal for half a season/a whole season. But what after that? Are we going to pay wage again for a player that has past his peak?

Much preferred to invest in 23 years old player who has a higher re-selling value.

If we really have to sign him, go for a one year performance based deal plus extension.

He isn't very old though! Probably just coming to the end of his peak. I don’t see the need for a 23 year old when we have Saka, Martinelli, Nelson and Pepe who have an average age of about 20. We need some experience.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Remember the days when we used to offer players over 30 a one year deal? Legends such as Bergkamp and Pires. Now we're pushing the boat out for a Chelsea legend.

On the flip side would you call a 32 year old Bergkamp finished and a reject if he rejected a deal and went elsewhere?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Francefootball changed their tune about 3 plus 1 years deal. they are not reliable and nobody got clue how many years we offering him.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Fully behind this, think Willian gives us a valuable option in an area where we need experience. Saka is 18 and Pepe plays like he's 18.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not sure why people are going mad about this one. Its not like hes going to be starting. Gives us a brilliant 4th option in attack and depth.

It isnt our money ffs, they won't scrimp on other targets to get Willian done :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If this wasn't Kia's doing I'd be slightly more for it but I really don't want that dodgy creep involved anymore.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would people be happier if we signed a 40m+ winger and scrimped on the CB/didn't sign Partey or sign Willian and a top CB/Partey?

GDeep™

League is very weak
On the flip side would you call a 32 year old Bergkamp finished and a reject if he rejected a deal and went elsewhere?
Those posts were from weeks ago though, not today. Some I plucked straight after the Covid restart. He hadn’t t rejected anything.

Weird comparison anyway, if we thought Bergkamp was past it at 32 we would say so, no? Like Vieira, he was past it no? We were happy to see him go and Cesc takeover, despite Vieira being the greatest ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom