• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Lacazette hasn't proven anything, the fact he "could" have a better season (bare in mind he has been here 3 years and we spent 50m on him) tells you all you need to know. We need an upgrade.

Torreira we could potentially get 20 odd million, i can't see us getting more than that though.

Regarding Guendouzi, I dont think anyone will touch him after everything that's gone on.

The players that will raise us money are Ainsley/Emi/Balogan I think.

He was the player of the season once, but of course you can think Arsenal fans are idiots.

Scoring away goals is not easiest when your team is very bad away from home. It's a team sport you know.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was the player of the season once, but of course you can think Arsenal fans are idiots.

Scoring away goals is not easiest when your team is very bad away from home. It's a team sport you know.

Auba was definitely player of the year that year lol.

You can make any excuse you want for him, his away record is a disgrace, he cost 50million ffs :lol:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't really care for Lacazette that much, but we know what we get with him. If the only way to get Partey/Aouar was by selling Lacazette then I'd let him go, but if we can get one without having to sell him then I'd rather keep him.

Aside from Auba we're super in experienced in the striker role and I don't think we have an ideal replacement for Lacazette.

Unfortunately I can't see anyone being in for him so he will be around next year. Theres no way we are offering him a new deal either. Hopefully someone will take him next summer.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The market dictates the price, not the club. He is worth exactly what buyers are offering, not the other way round.
Theres zero reason to sell if we cant adequately replace him, it is a buyers market and Laca had an average season but if what they are offering is 20-25m euros then I would keep him.
We can get that much next season too

chessygoal

Theres zero reason to sell if we cant adequately replace him, it is a buyers market and Laca had an average season but if what they are offering is 20-25m euros then I would keep him.
If we need money to buy players Arteta wants, selling Lacazette makes sense, he's getting older, we might as well cash in now even if it's only 20-25 mill. Nketiah / Martinelli need minutes anyway.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we need money to buy players Arteta wants, selling Lacazette makes sense, he's getting older, we might as well cash in now even if it's only 20-25 mill. Nketiah / Martinelli need minutes anyway.
Arteta also wants options upfront and on the bench lol, also Martinelli is most likely out till Dec-January.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Laca’s no CL winning striker. Still think it’d be hard to get an adequate replacement for this season but we need to be looking for someone.

I’d put in cheeky offers for Edouard and Depay just to test the clubs and players. Wouldn’t hurt to make
the latter aware we’d be interested in him. Free to negotiate in Jan and leave for free next summer.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Not a chance. We must have a young supporter base year that have jut got into football if anyone believes that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You still lose at leat 20 g/a, which you won't get from Nketiah. If you go on the market you'll need to pay up significantly more than 30m for that. It's status quo at best (worst if you consider you get a new player not used to the system, league etc).

Selling Laca is a big step back from the goal of reaching CL again.
It’s pointless bro. Pointless.

I saw somebody say that Martinelli + Nketiah can match Laca’s output. Ok. Let’s ask the PL if we can have a 12th player on the pitch.

ffs.

senna

Does Laca start for us if we get Aouar & Partey? Will arteta go with a frontline of Willian/Saka - Auba - Pepe?
We absoultely struggled to breakdown teams who sat back e.g. Villa when Auba was out on the left? Aouar or creative mid will help but we probably need more creativity from LW with Auba upfront to breakdown park the bus teams. If Laca is not in the starting line up then get rid for £25m & a rotating comibination of Martinelli, Nketiah & Balogun when Auba needs a rest can easily replace Laca.
You only need Willian to reporduce what he did for Chelsea last year or Saka to do what he did and you've got Laca's 10goals +5 assists outptu in the league campaign. They miay score away from hom more frequently as well.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not a chance. We must have a young supporter base year that have jut got into football if anyone believes that.
If he has a good season then absolutely we can get 20-25m euros for him and if his good season propels us into a CL place or winning the Europa league then that will offset any loss we might incur.

Raising money by selling Lacazette is fine but he needs to replaced too which is something ppl seem to be overlooking.

Also I think its naive of our "senior" supporters to think Martinelli and Nketiah can fill the gap that Lacazette will leave behind especially since Martinelli is currently injured and is unlikely to play this year.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If he has a good season then absolutely we can get 20-25m euros for him and if his good season propels us into a CL place or winning the Europa league then that will offset any loss we might incur.

Raising money by selling Lacazette is fine but he needs to replaced too which is something ppl seem to be overlooking.

Also I think its naive of our "senior" supporters to think Martinelli and Nketiah can fill the gap that Lacazette will leave behind especially since Martinelli is currently injured and is unlikely to play this year.

Laca is not a Ronaldo/Ibrahimovich/Cavani level player. At 30 years of age, which he will be next season, he won't command that sort of fee.

It was a royal fvck up with this transfer - we got bamboozled. His name sound like it is world class, but he has lost motivation ala Özil.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Laca is not a Ronaldo/Ibrahimovich/Cavani level player. At 30 years of age, which he will be next season, he won't command that sort of fee.

It was a royal fvck up with this transfer - we got bamboozled. His name sound like it is world class, but he has lost motivation ala Özil.
no he hasnt, thats so BS lol
He has one average season and he has lost motivation ala Özil
Jesus boomers today are demanding

It’s pointless bro. Pointless.

I saw somebody say that Martinelli + Nketiah can match Laca’s output. Ok. Let’s ask the PL if we can have a 12th player on the pitch.

ffs.

I think no matter what striker we have. Its Arsenal. Strikers love playing for us, always have, always will. Next striker will easily get 20 g/a under Arteta. Nketiah can do it easily with same game time as Laca. Martinelly too. Both offer more to the general play and have more energy to take part in the defensive side of the game.

Let's get rid of the boring, old, tested, and easily replaced Laca. Let's get something fresh and new in.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡

large.595a49e5c89fb_DontFeedtheTrolls.gif.cb3d7ea7b471cf83997cccc0bd27c79a.gif

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom