• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A few good games towards the end of the season have not made me forget the limitations in Xhakas game. I see his name in loads of starting line ups for next season, some with Partey and Aouar.

Xhaka will not move this team forward. He will not bring us technical flexibility and he is nothing like Henderson as he offers zero mobility.

Playing Xhaka means you hear your whole system to protect him for the benefit of what exactly? Positional discipline because he can't actually move and passes to the left side. Buying a left footed CB negates the need to have Xhaka playing that pass. Buying a creative cm who is press resistant and can actually move negates the need for Xhaka. Bringing in the physicality of Partey negates Xhaka.

Arteta needs to build away from the man who threw the armband on the floor, told the fans to **** off, who hasn't apologised and whose first action was to seek a move away from the club. He still gives stupid fouls away, he still loses the ball in dangerous areas, he still fails to switch play, he is still a target for a press. We need better.

Replace Lacazette and Xhaka with better players and the team improves so much.

Xhaka will be in the starting side wether you like it or not. When I said about him being our Henderson I meant in terms of hate. Not many people rate him or like him, he has qualities though. He's also a leader.

I agree with some of your points, but you can also go the other way with some of them and say will Partey next to him offer way more stability meaning he is better all round?

Xhaka brings control to our game, nobody else in the squad can do that. If you sign a Thiago then yes, Xhaka can start getting pushed out. But for now we aren't even looking to sign someone who will replace Xhaka.

sykesy69

A few good games towards the end of the season have not made me forget the limitations in Xhakas game. I see his name in loads of starting line ups for next season, some with Partey and Aouar.

Xhaka will not move this team forward. He will not bring us technical flexibility and he is nothing like Henderson as he offers zero mobility.

Playing Xhaka means you hear your whole system to protect him for the benefit of what exactly? Positional discipline because he can't actually move and passes to the left side. Buying a left footed CB negates the need to have Xhaka playing that pass. Buying a creative cm who is press resistant and can actually move negates the need for Xhaka. Bringing in the physicality of Partey negates Xhaka.

Arteta needs to build away from the man who threw the armband on the floor, told the fans to **** off, who hasn't apologised and whose first action was to seek a move away from the club. He still gives stupid fouls away, he still loses the ball in dangerous areas, he still fails to switch play, he is still a target for a press. We need better.

Replace Lacazette and Xhaka with better players and the team improves so much.
Amen my brother, A-****ing-men!!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Atletico Madrid... 50M

giphy.gif

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good to see no new deal.

Time ticking for him to find that last big deal. Not ideal at 30 next summer or 31 when contract ends.

Wouldn't be surprised if he slips below the Atleti / Juve level of clubs.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Douglas Costa & Pepe in the wide positions seems a bit much on the liability side. Would kill the fullbacks.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom