• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

senna

no he hasnt, thats so BS lol
He has one average season and he has lost motivation ala Özil
Jesus boomers today are demanding

Three average seasons. He's Giroud level stats wise and not much better on the eye test. Can be easily improved upon, especially at £25m in a depressed Covid market.

GDeep™

League is very weak
30 odd goals in 3 years is pretty poor. I still want to keep him as I think a replacement will be much more expensive.

Arteta would probably like to sell, but there is no interest or bid for him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just looked at the post he responded, said nothing wrong?

Elite posting as per from @MikelHadADream.
How can you say two players can replace one players output when we only have one spot on the pitch for said replacement?

We’re literally using things that aren’t possible to diss Lacazette. Come on man. :lol:

How can you say two players can replace one players output when we only have one spot on the pitch for said replacement?

You combine their stats during the season. If Nketiah and Martinelly can add 20 g/a combined to their g/a they scored then we have replaced Laca numbers.

But tbf Laca didn't even score 20 g/a this season so. It will be even easier task for our talented strikers.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

We’re literally using things that aren’t possible to diss Lacazette. Come on man. :lol:

He didn't say that:

I dont rate him so in my opinion it wouldn't. He's had three seasons here and has shown he isn't good enough, he's had his time.

Would much rather get some money in for him now and get someone else in. The sooner we bed someone new in and start the rebuild process the better.

Don't see much wrong with it. Spot on in fact.

If Martinelly scores 4 goals next season and assists 4 goals and Nketiah scores 4 goals and assists 2 goals then we have equalized Laca contribution to the team.

Can Martinelly and Nketiah score 4 goals each and assists 6 goals together if you give them Laca minutes? Easily. They are growing players!

tcahill

I like Lacazette as a player and as dressing room figure.

But there's no denying that his numbers have been poor for our starting CF spot. I wouldn't mind keeping him but if we get a decent offer I'd sell for a number of reasons:
- He's one of our few sellable assets. 25 mill for him pays for a Ceballos or half a Partey.
-His value isn't going to improve even with a good next season, he's in an older age bracket and will only have a year left on his contract.
-Nketiah can reproduce the majority of his output (not entirely), and puts in the pressing that Lacazette does.
-Sounds like we're in the market for another forward anyway, and I've already boarded the Edouard hype train.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we don't sell Lacazette now he will stay and before you know it, he will have one year left on his deal, he will stay that last year and leave on a free. In the meantime we will miss out on to striking talent.

He needs to be sold this window as does Guendouzi, Torreira, Chambers, Holding, Sokratis and even Mustafi. I'd probably sell one keeper aswell. Not because I want to, but because we have to sell to buy. Even Bellerin can go. I have zero attachment to anyone apart from Martinelli, Saka and ESR. I like AMN but wouldn't blame him if he left.

CM,CM, CF after Gabriel is a must. All starters and they need to be quality. That would seriously improve the squad and make it top 4 contenders. Then next season you improve on Kola, Xhaka and try and move on Soares.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I like Lacazette but if there’s interest for a big fee, you sell him this window. He himself probably feels like he has stagnated in his career and Arsenal should feel like they can do better. He still has a reputation in Europe so hopefully in the coming weeks something more concrete happens.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I like Lacazette but if there’s interest for a big fee, you sell him this window. He himself probably feels like he has stagnated in his career and Arsenal should feel like they can do better. He still has a reputation in Europe so hopefully in the coming weeks something more concrete happens.
There will be no big fee though. If he goes it will be a swap or 20/25million

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
There will be no big fee though. If he goes it will be a swap or 20/25million
I consider 25mil a decent fee for Lacazette, add a few more and you get a Edouard as a replacement. If it’s lower than that and we can’t get an improvement than keep him.

Why

Always Me ?
All the people saying we "just need to sell xyz..." You know people need to actually want them? We are stuck in a situation where we actually have quite a large squad now, especially in defence.

Nobody seems to want Guendozi, or we want too much money for him (4/5x what we bought him for.) Torreira is a challenge as we basically need a top Serie A team to buy him and most of them are stacked with amazing CM's. Mustafi is injured at the moment, so he aint going nowehere before January. Sokratis could go but it will be minimal fee. Holding I don't think is going to go anywhere he was injured through most of Arteta's management and then started getting game time when Mustafi was injured and is English... Chambers you would think would be a quick call to Fulham, but they don't seem to be biting either.

Combination of Covid where all clubs are skint, and better options out there means we will struggle to sell.

I can't see Laca going, as Nketiah just seems like Welbeck mk2, gets in the right place but just doesn't have the end product. I imagine he does well in training, but seeing all the young players in the PL who got a chance in the restart and shined he just doesn't seem at that level.

I am not the biggest fan of Laca as he has the male equivalent of resting ***** face, but he creates space for Laca and as much as I love Martinelli I see him as more of a long term replacement to Auba on the Left.

I could see Willock getting a lot of game time next season, and maybe ESR (I hope)

roz

Fake News Merchant
I consider 25mil a decent fee for Lacazette, add a few more and you get a Edouard as a replacement. If it’s lower than that and we can’t get an improvement than keep him.
Fair enough. Haven’t watched enough of Edouard to comment but it seems Villa are in for him. Id happily take Welbeck back for a small fee and pursue our other targets. Eddie & dat guy can share the 2nd striker spot

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we don't sell Lacazette now he will stay and before you know it, he will have one year left on his deal, he will stay that last year and leave on a free. In the meantime we will miss out on to striking talent.

He needs to be sold this window as does Guendouzi, Torreira, Chambers, Holding, Sokratis and even Mustafi. I'd probably sell one keeper aswell. Not because I want to, but because we have to sell to buy. Even Bellerin can go. I have zero attachment to anyone apart from Martinelli, Saka and ESR. I like AMN but wouldn't blame him if he left.

CM,CM, CF after Gabriel is a must. All starters and they need to be quality. That would seriously improve the squad and make it top 4 contenders. Then next season you improve on Kola, Xhaka and try and move on Soares.

So in two windows you want us to replace our main right back, backup right back, our whole midfield, backup keeper, striker and have two brand new CB's as well.

Sounds a bit unrealistic to me, we need to give Bellerin one more season/one full season under Arteta. Xhaka could also turn out to be our "Henderson" type figure in midfield, he'll stay. I agree on the Lacazette front and anyone for that matter that has two years left or less on their contracts.

Sokratis
Özil
Luiz
Mustafi
Macey
Lacazette
Guendouzi
Kolasinac
Nketiah
Chambers
Martinez
Elneny
Illiev

All out of contract by 2022. I personally would look to get rid of every single one, which I think is what we are looking to do apart from maybe Nketiah.

Saying that Lacazette will be very difficult to replace and if I were to replace him it wouldn't be with anyone outside of the premier league.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So in two windows you want us to replace our main right back, backup right back, our whole midfield, backup keeper, striker and have two brand new CB's as well.

Sounds a bit unrealistic to me, we need to give Bellerin one more season/one full season under Arteta. Xhaka could also turn out to be our "Henderson" type figure in midfield, he'll stay. I agree on the Lacazette front and anyone for that matter that has two years left or less on their contracts.

Sokratis
Özil
Luiz
Mustafi
Macey
Lacazette
Guendouzi
Kolasinac
Nketiah
Chambers
Martinez
Elneny
Illiev

All out of contract by 2022. I personally would look to get rid of every single one, which I think is what we are looking to do apart from maybe Nketiah.

Saying that Lacazette will be very difficult to replace and if I were to replace him it wouldn't be with anyone outside of the premier league.

A few good games towards the end of the season have not made me forget the limitations in Xhakas game. I see his name in loads of starting line ups for next season, some with Partey and Aouar.

Xhaka will not move this team forward. He will not bring us technical flexibility and he is nothing like Henderson as he offers zero mobility.

Playing Xhaka means you hear your whole system to protect him for the benefit of what exactly? Positional discipline because he can't actually move and passes to the left side. Buying a left footed CB negates the need to have Xhaka playing that pass. Buying a creative cm who is press resistant and can actually move negates the need for Xhaka. Bringing in the physicality of Partey negates Xhaka.

Arteta needs to build away from the man who threw the armband on the floor, told the fans to **** off, who hasn't apologised and whose first action was to seek a move away from the club. He still gives stupid fouls away, he still loses the ball in dangerous areas, he still fails to switch play, he is still a target for a press. We need better.

Replace Lacazette and Xhaka with better players and the team improves so much.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom